AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Fire Emblem Heroes (ios and Android) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=146568)

MrTerrorist 2017-01-20 02:47

Fire Emblem Heroes (ios and Android)

So yeah. Fire Emblem is getting a mobile game where you can summon characters from the previous games.

Tenzen12 2017-01-21 03:29

They scared me for moment when I saw 5* Lyndis (though also thought they really know their stuff), but it's apparently star up type of game so all is good.

That said small maps suck and it didn't mentioned bonds either, well let's see how it's plays out (pun not intended... I guess?)

AnimeFangirl 2017-01-21 08:50

I don't like the sound of the small maps either. The DS and 3DS all have screens not much smaller than the average phone screen and they still have satisfyingly large maps. But I'll give it a chance. I have a lot of faith in Nintendo.

GDB 2017-01-21 10:09

I don't have faith after Pokemon GO, but it's f2p so it doesn't hurt to give it a try. I just hope rerolling is easy. A lot of it has potential to be player friendly (summons, ascensions to higher rarity, etc), but I'm also cautious of power creep. DBZ Dokkan is getting pretty bad about that, with new units that nearly invalidate the previous #1 unit every 4 months or so.

El Rue 2017-01-21 11:27

I'll give this a try as well.

Also since I've yet to delve deeper into the newer games, the older gen characters I like would more likely be of lower rarity therefore possibly more accessible/acquirable to me.

Mmm, as it may affect the game, just how money grabby has been Nintendo lately?

blakstealth 2017-01-21 12:19

I'm not a fan of the different artstyles; it makes it seem like any other free to play mobile rpg game with Japanese influence. But I'll give it a try.

Tenzen12 2017-01-21 13:44

FE games always felt relatively consistent when it come to character design imho.

mickbis 2017-01-21 15:03

The idea of create my own Fire Emblem team really draw me in
and
the character isn't 5* only but have 3* and 4* version as well with lower stat
so I think we will have a good change obtain the one we want easily

Shadow5YA 2017-01-21 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Rue (Post 6017715)
I'll give this a try as well.

Also since I've yet to delve deeper into the newer games, the older gen characters I like would more likely be of lower rarity therefore possibly more accessible/acquirable to me.

Mmm, as it may affect the game, just how money grabby has been Nintendo lately?

It's a "free to play" mobile game. I think you will be sorely disappointed if you're expecting it to be monetized like a traditional console game...

AnimeFangirl 2017-01-21 16:00

As long as it isn't "pay to win" I think we'll be okay.

blakstealth 2017-01-22 17:44

You can vote for characters here:

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote

pheonix8421 2017-01-24 12:26

Having multiple versions of a characters seems to be a cool way of letting a person have their favorite characters without having to roll for a 5 star, but knowing my luck the 3 stars and 4 stars will be spooking my rolls. Also, doesn't there being multiple versions of a character make the chances of getting a strong 5 star even lower?

Tenzen12 2017-01-24 12:31

Video said rarity is upgradable. It's not that uncommon btw.

pheonix8421 2017-01-24 13:25

Huh, guess I wasn't paying attention when it said that.

MrTerrorist 2017-01-26 22:22

So here's the current most voted characters before the contest ends.

GDB 2017-01-26 22:42

Probably should've just linked the tweet with the ranks, rather than a poorly written article that boils down to saying Awakening > all.

Tenzen12 2017-01-27 00:22

What is most important is that Lyn is first in fem poll, though I don't get how that little kid Roy could rank above Hector. Anyway this ranking prove what I know whole time Elibe > everything else.

I am glad people didn't get fooled by nice graphic.

Klashikari 2017-01-27 00:28

Regarding Roy, it is simple: Smash Bros.
Even if Roy missed Brawl compared to Marth, he got incredibly popular in Melee considering his brute force, and he is actually outperforming Marth in SB4. So the nostalgy + good position in smash sticked in people's mind, even if the vast majority didn't even play Sealing Sword.

Shadow5YA 2017-01-27 01:00

Roy doesn't actually outperform Marth anymore in Smash 4. Marth got range + damage increases, along with several new links like single jab into tip ftilt kill setups.

Roy meanwhile is limited by his short effective range along with higher lag time on his aerials, along with "fast falling" aerial mobility. Even if Blazer > Dolphin Slash, Marth's floatier aerial mobility makes him actually have better movement and recovery than Roy.

Roy IMO is definitely more stylish though, with his more vibrant colors along with fire effects compared to Marth. Also, even if Roy's original game was not the best out of the GBA ones, it was still miles better and more liked than the original Fire Emblem and Shadow Dragon remake.

MrTerrorist 2017-01-27 10:45

So yeah, most of Fates cast will be in the game.
Glad that Ursula is also available to recruit.