AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2011-10-24 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3823572)
Your RF looks awesome.

As for sucking, it's just nubmarks galore. Planning to go back to my small share of kits to finish them off a little better. They're only HG's but still deserve some more attention. Got me a hobbyknife and some cutters, going by the hardwarestore this week to buy some really fine grit sandingpaper, and then I'm off! Well.... after the examweek....

it definitely is my best straight build! no bad nubs, no nothing (at least none that i can see right now) and it has the PG bonus so maybe i have a chance with it^^

and it doesnt really matter what kind of model you use for your photo. it just has to be a gundam^^ id say get rid of the nubs as best as you can (you arent allowed to use any paint besides panel lining, anyway so you cant cover up the marks) and give it a shot! personally i think its fun because i get to improve my photography skills a little! :P

cupcakes4chris 2011-10-24 19:08

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jdLIf88WtW.../s1600/111.jpg

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-24 19:28

Just when ya thought Heavyarms couldn't be any better.

MakubeX2 2011-10-24 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3823720)
Just when ya thought Heavyarms couldn't be any better.

Let's not get all carried away and hero worship Bandai here.

The missles seems to be moulded into one single piece together with the containers and this makes it looks flat. Certainly it's something that you would expect from a HG and not a MG.

casval cehack 2011-10-24 23:08

Those missile pods certainly look shallow, but we would not know until photos of the runners show up.

I wonder how the ammo belts are constructed. A spring inside?

LoweGear 2011-10-25 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3823813)
The missles seems to be moulded into one single piece together with the containers and this makes it looks flat. Certainly it's something that you would expect from a HG and not a MG.

I don't think that's supposed to be a problem. Sure the missiles could have been molded individually, but I can imagine that it'd not only jack up the price, but also be completely unnecessary in the long run for display purposes. It's not like most people pose the missiles individually, and for those few that do want to, they can just scratchmod some parts. And as many posters a few pages back showed, the "shallowness" of the missile pods don't detract from the look of the model.

There are some gunpla decisions that are odd and sometimes completely unforgivable (like the weakness in the MG Exia's ankle). These missile pods aren't anything to lose sleep for however. If the MG Heavyarms has worse problems, like say not being able to hold up its gatling for long, then you have a big problem on your hands. For the meanwhile though, the pics suggest the MG Heavyarms isn't anything less than a quality product.

duotiga 2011-10-25 02:44

my only concern for heavyarms is that the hand pegs might not have the strength to support the weight of the gatling gun.

firefox 2011-10-25 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3824098)
my only concern for heavyarms is that the hand pegs might not have the strength to support the weight of the gatling gun.

Doesn't look that heavy to me, my gouf custom can hold his and that's probably heavier. It's not like Blue frame second L 's giant sword which needs a seperate stand.

MakubeX2 2011-10-25 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3824078)
I don't think that's supposed to be a problem. Sure the missiles could have been molded individually, but I can imagine that it'd not only jack up the price, but also be completely unnecessary in the long run for display purposes. It's not like most people pose the missiles individually, and for those few that do want to, they can just scratchmod some parts. And as many posters a few pages back showed, the "shallowness" of the missile pods don't detract from the look of the model.

I'm not suggesting that each and every missiles to be an individual piece on it's own. But rather to have a part consisting og the missiles themselves attached to a pallet protruding out. The container will just be a plate with holes that will require the missile poking out from the back. This will not only allow easy painting, but will also makes the missiles look more realistic and believable.

Now what say you about the Chest Gatling Guns and it's container seemily also to be a single piece here ?

Quote:

If the MG Heavyarms has worse problems, like say not being able to hold up its gatling for long, then you have a big problem on your hands.
People had lived with similar problems on the Wing EW for years now. Bandai didn't even rectify the problem with the reissue.

LoweGear 2011-10-25 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3824323)
I'm not suggesting that each and every missiles to be an individual piece on it's own. But rather to have a part consisting og the missiles themselves attached to a pallet protruding out. The container will just be a plate with holes that will require the missile poking out from the back. This will not only allow easy painting, but will also makes the missiles look more realistic and believable.

Similar to the MG G-Defender or the ZZ missiles. Considering the size of the Heavyarms and the proportion of the micro missiles, would such a system even work without compromising the structure of the containers in terms of plastic thickness and such?

Quote:

Now what say you about the Chest Gatling Guns and it's container seemily also to be a single piece here ?
Like the missiles, nothing. It's even less a problem for the Chest Gatlings, since there's no mechanical nor aesthetic need for it to even be separate pieces. Unless they make a spin mechanic for them.

Quote:

People had lived with similar problems on the Wing EW for years now. Bandai didn't even rectify the problem with the reissue.
Exactly because the Wing EW is a reissue, aka it's pretty much the old kit with a new box and an Action Base adaptor, unlike say the differences between the MG Unicorn Ver. Ka and the OVA version. On the other hand, the MG Heavyarms is a totally new mold, and therefore they can do much to rectify said problem in the bud.

I would also note that the Gatling Gun is actually shorter than the Buster Rifle, and its center of gravity in relation to the Heavyarms is different due to the placement of its grip near the middle of the assembly instead of the end. Thus I can imagine the Gatling Gun being less a strain on the elbow and wrist joints than the Buster Rifle.

jonli 2011-10-25 13:14

Those are some really...short looking missiles. They look like soda cans to me.

Appel 2011-10-25 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli (Post 3824656)

yeah, they do look kinda flat in some places XD

there are also some new shots of the FA unicorn available on gundam guys blog. they mostly focus ont he hyper beam javelins.
at first i really wasnt a fan of those and didnt even plan to use them at all... but now that i have seen that they have white pieces and green psycho frame pieces i REALLY like them! and the fact that they are extremely versatile makes them even more awesome! :O

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-25 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3823813)
Let's not get all carried away and hero worship Bandai here.

As someone who will only enjoy this kit by looking at others paint and build it, I say it deserves that hero worship.

duotiga 2011-10-25 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli (Post 3824656)

which is why is call micro missiles

SonicSP 2011-10-25 22:07

Got a question for those with the HG AGE-1, does it require any painting to "complete" the colors? If so, what colors do you need?

suiton629 2011-10-25 22:08

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GI7iH2HrnT...DE/s1600/6.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0lZT2ti2qP...6w/s1600/7.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fKkKXTRcGz...NY/s1600/8.jpg

We get some new/nicer quality images of the MG Unicorn Full Armor... I wonder if this will show in the anime.

justsomeguy 2011-10-25 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3825327)
Got a question for those with the HG AGE-1, does it require any painting to "complete" the colors? If so, what colors do you need?

I don't actually have the model, but I'm staring at Dalong's manual scans and completed model. You will need black or dark grey for the area around the mouthguard. If you refuse to use stickers, you will also need metallic green.

casval cehack 2011-10-25 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3825327)

No paint needed at all to complete the colors. The stickers provided (including the big black ones on the knees) are sufficient for the rest and looks surprisingly good on this scale.

Curiously, the prominent grills on AGE-1 armor (like the arms) were not molded, but there are alot of panel pits you''ll need to fill-in with a marker.

SonicSP 2011-10-25 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 3825343)
I don't actually have the model, but I'm staring at Dalong's manual scans and completed model. You will need black or dark grey for the area around the mouthguard. If you refuse to use stickers, you will also need metallic green.

I do use stickers, mainly because I'm too lazy to do much painting. I'm not int he best of circumstances to waste whatever limited paint I have and I guess I just don't want to spend that mich time painting. Stickers are usually enough for me at the moment.

Fortunately, I do have grey as I know its widely needed for a lot of HG models and I get frustated when grey is missing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3825382)
No paint needed at all to complete the colors. The stickers provided (including the big black ones on the knees) are sufficient for the rest and looks surprisingly good on this scale.

Curiously, the prominent grills on AGE-1 armor (like the arms) were not molded, but there are alot of panel pits you''ll need to fill-in with a marker.

You mean a panel marker? I guess that's quite standard fare tool needed.

======================

Thanks for the replies you two. These has been quite helpful. :)

Meehlimo 2011-10-25 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3823929)
Those missile pods certainly look shallow, but we would not know until photos of the runners show up.

I wonder how the ammo belts are constructed. A spring inside?

looks like a carbon copy of the one used by the rx-78-5 mg gundam. it was a bendable peice of rubber with the clip looking parts slide over it.