AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2011-08-19 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3734890)

There are also something like this too.

now thats sexy^^ i really love metallic paints when they are used well!

i also just finished the KO destiny.
the body and limbs are alright but the waist is VERY lose (probably because they didnt copy bandais mechanism to spread the legs well enough XD ) and the face looks WRONG! its a little warped and the eye sticker sucks which makes it look really weird :P
i also wont use the light wings. they look ok but they dont fit well at all and they are actually too big for my shelf XD

and i actually tried the dry transfer decals that came with it... holy crap, they SUCK. they simply dont work. i tried to rup it on and 90% of the decal simply didnt transfer at all, only little bits and pieces transfered to the kit and didnt even stick that well.

all in all its an ok kit but a piece of garbage compared to a bandai model^^

http://www.abload.de/img/foto09673pu2.jpg

but hey! it can actually hold the sword with one hand! so thats a plus :P

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-19 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3735088)
  1. the waist is VERY lose (probably because they didnt copy bandais mechanism to spread the legs well enough XD )
  2. the face looks WRONG! its a little warped and the eye sticker sucks which makes it look really weird :P
  3. i also wont use the light wings. they look ok but they dont fit well at all
  4. i actually tried the dry transfer decals that came with it... holy crap, they SUCK. they simply dont work. i tried to rup it on and 90% of the decal simply didnt transfer at all, only little bits and pieces transfered to the kit and didnt even stick that well.
  5. all in all its an ok kit but a piece of garbage compared to a bandai model^^

That's it, I'll just stick with Bandai, thank you :D. Even though Hongli's price is half or 1/3 of Bandai's, they're still a lot of money :(.

Also, isn't the whole idea of having Destiny Full Burst/Blast is to display its flashy wings? :confused:

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-19 18:43

Then, I agree with you. I also chose Bandai. Though expensive, but the quality is much better. :)

If Destiny Extreme Blast Mode is still, yes.

Appel 2011-08-19 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3735136)
That's it, I'll just stick with Bandai, thank you :D. Even though Hongli's price is half or 1/3 of Bandai's, they're still a lot of money :(.

Also, isn't the whole idea of having Destiny Full Burst/Blast is to display its flashy wings? :confused:

you get what you pay for^^ i saved 100 bucks on this guy so its alright.

and about the wings, i guess it depends on what kind of pose you want to do. the wing effect parts DO work when you fiddle around with them a little. its just a little tight. my main problem is simply that it wont fit in my shelf with the effect parts on XD

optics 2011-08-19 20:05

I think I'll try out this Hongli you guys speak of. Just try one kit. Is this the correct site? (^&(&*^*(

yeahitschris 2011-08-20 00:40

those metallic painted gundams look like 3D models that are created before the actual product is created

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-20 02:00

@ Optics, I don't really know. You can ask Appel for that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahitschris (Post 3735485)
those metallic painted gundams look like 3D models that are created before the actual product is created

Are you referring to the MG 00Q Trans-am Mode metallic custom (the pink ones)? If you are, then yeah, the color is a bit odd, but only because it's an effect-color, not the Gundam's original color. Same thing with MG God & Master Gundam Hyper Mode. :)

Appel 2011-08-20 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3735242)
I think I'll try out this Hongli you guys speak of. Just try one kit. Is this the correct site?

carefull! you arent allowed to actually post links to pirated products! only a discussion about it is allowed! :O

and yes, the metallic trans-am OOQ looks a bit odd. i think thats mainly because the big condenser in the chest is painted metallic, too and not clear which would have looked way better in my opinion^^ but its probably really hard to paint a clear part with a different clear color and have it look decent...

oh and the others arent clear too... im really dont like that, those are supposed to be clear, otherwise it just looks weird in my opinion

optics 2011-08-20 11:23

Oops, my bad. Edited it.

Skane 2011-08-20 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3735595)
carefull! you arent allowed to actually post links to pirated products! only a discussion about it is allowed! :O
~~

You're kind of slapping yourself in the face by quoting the link, by the way.

Cheers.

Appel 2011-08-20 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane (Post 3735997)
You're kind of slapping yourself in the face by quoting the link, by the way.

Cheers.

haha, you are right! i forgot that its in the quote, too! XD thanks!

pumpkins 2011-08-20 22:30

does anybody know what material they use to sculpt new parts like those yellow stuff which they use on hobby japan

Chiu_fan 2011-08-20 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3736547)
does anybody know what material they use to sculpt new parts like those yellow stuff which they use on hobby japan

I think the material they use is resin.

Appel 2011-08-21 05:00

you mean like this?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--C31OJcIq-...DM/s1600/1.jpg

yeah thats resin. its used in garage kits.

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-21 08:44

Is that a G Saviour?

LoweGear 2011-08-21 08:49

It's the F91 actually.

Appel 2011-08-21 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane (Post 3736970)
Is that a G Saviour?

why would anyone want a resin model of that thing? XD its just not worth the effort^^

LoweGear 2011-08-21 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3737149)
why would anyone want a resin model of that thing? XD its just not worth the effort^^

Well, despite the movie's... dubious quality, the G-Saviour itself is actually a rather cool design. Once had the HG G-Saviour a while back, and it looked quite awesome :D

Shame they only made the Space mode variant though...

Kuroi Hadou 2011-08-21 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3737792)
Well, despite the movie's... dubious quality, the G-Saviour itself is actually a rather cool design. Once had the HG G-Saviour a while back, and it looked quite awesome :D

Shame they only made the Space mode variant though...

The line-arts for G-Saviour are f*cking amazing. :love:

pumpkins 2011-08-22 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3736834)
you mean like this?
yeah thats resin. its used in garage kits.

im thinking of more like these.. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nced_GN-X2.jpg

the top left box. resin then?