AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Saki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74980)

kyouray 2008-12-13 11:14

New sets of chara-design pictures on Dengeki Online : 1 & 2

Duo Maxwell 2008-12-13 13:30

Not bad. Maybe because of the simplicity of anime version that gives me the inferior feeling compare to the manga.

Shadow Kira01 2008-12-18 17:19

Saki

The site haven't been updated yet and the banner it promotes doesn't work either. It's blank..

This mahjong anime seems to feature a nice seiyuu cast. Surprisingly, Fukuyama Jun will finally voice the protagonist of a romantic comedy instead of the usual antagonistic charismatic leader. On the contrary, before Code Geass, his roles weren't antagonistic either..

shomazta 2008-12-19 03:24

what do you mean it's blank? next to that banner is html code to place on your own sites in order to promote the saki site, that banner isn't meant to link to anything elsewhere...

Westlo 2008-12-19 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Minato (Post 2115212)
This mahjong anime seems to feature a nice seiyuu cast. Surprisingly, Fukuyama Jun will finally voice the protagonist of a romantic comedy instead of the usual antagonistic charismatic leader. On the contrary, before Code Geass, his roles weren't antagonistic either..

From what I've read Jun's character in this is kinda similar to his one in Angelic Layer and I really wouldn't classify this as being in the romantic genre... but things could change later on.

kyouray 2008-12-25 11:18

Two color pictures of the chara-design : Saki & Nodoka

Falkor 2008-12-25 12:53

looking at the character designs more closely, they seem fairly close to the manga. I mean, the sketches don't look that bad. I can't quite point out what's the problem I'm having, perhaps it's just the eye designs that seem so odd to me.

Falkor 2008-12-28 14:44

Toua uploaded some trailers from Comiket 75, including one of Saki with actual footage of the anime:

It turned out better than I thought. 3D animated mahjong has a charm on its own. But as far as this adaptation goes, I'm getting my hopes up--they even kept the over-top craziness of the manga (latter half of the trailer)--and if this serves of any hint, it may be worth checking out.

Finally, something done by Gonzo that I'm really looking forward to watch when it comes out... :heh:

serenade_beta 2008-12-28 17:20

Character designs are... as thought, a bit on that side, but it looks potentially interesting. Some weird things happening near the end though... ???

I guess it all depends on how the story will be... Gonzo, after all... That Vampire+Rosa... No, nevermind...

Rias 2008-12-28 18:39

The trailer is actually pretty good...better looking than the sketches before. Showing Komoro might suggest that it's actually going to be more than 12-14 epsiodes (?)

Duo Maxwell 2008-12-28 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2131328)
Character designs are... as thought, a bit on that side, but it looks potentially interesting. Some weird things happening near the end though... ???

I guess it all depends on how the story will be... Gonzo, after all... That Vampire+Rosa... No, nevermind...

I can't see the connection here, except for Gonzo. Different director, different animation director, different screenplay, etc. In order words, the whole casts are different.

Quote:

It turned out better than I thought. 3D animated mahjong has a charm on its own. But as far as this adaptation goes, I'm getting my hopes up--they even kept the over-top craziness of the manga (latter half of the trailer)--and if this serves of any hint, it may be worth checking out.
Maybe more than the manga, but it's one of the selling point to me.

Shadow Kira01 2008-12-29 01:05

Trailer looks good..

I had always been wondering why there isn't a mahjong anime and here it is. Cool!

bayoab 2008-12-29 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2131159)

Gonzo is borrowing visuals straight from Madhouse. :heh: That looked a lot better than the still frame character designs though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Minato (Post 2131925)
Trailer looks good..

I had always been wondering why there isn't a mahjong anime and here it is. Cool!

There are a few of them out there already: Akagi and one from the 90's which the name of escapes me.

Proto 2008-12-29 12:08

Quote:

Just for the record, ever heard of Kaiji? It's totally, totally different in style from Saki, but its about mahjong :p

KrebMarkt 2008-12-29 12:44

Funny trailer.
They seem to over doing it a lot.
I just hope that won't make the plot to drag forever.

Falkor 2008-12-29 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proto (Post 2132614)
Just for the record, ever heard of Kaiji? It's totally, totally different in style from Saki, but its about mahjong :p

Kaiji is not about mahjong, though... ;)

bayoab 2008-12-29 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2133049)
Kaiji is not about mahjong, though... ;)

The last arc of Kaiji is about mahjong, but yes.

Proto 2008-12-29 23:51

whoops, I always get the names mixed. I meant Akagi. :p

kk2extreme 2008-12-30 00:56

They wont do stupid like something like yu gi oh, where the main characters always draw the right card at the right time (believe in the "heart of the card" BS), right???

Sorry not a manga reader, but just curious :heh:

Duo Maxwell 2008-12-30 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2133748)
They wont do stupid like something like yu gi oh, where the main characters always draw the right card at the right time (believe in the "heart of the card" BS), right???

Sorry not a manga reader, but just curious :heh:

Do you know anything about Mahjong? It's a game that depends heavily on luck, even with all of your calculations and experience.
So you will get that kind of thing, just minus the "believe in the heart of the card" (goddamn it, no matter how hard I believe in my card, it doesn't turn out right, hence I don't like Yugi, at all).