AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Artists Alike and from Afar - January 2009 Contest (Theme - BADASS GIRLS) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=77435)

toxic_trance 2009-01-26 19:37

Artists Alike and from Afar - January 2009 Contest (Theme - BADASS GIRLS)

Banner by toxic_trance (lineart)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and I'd like to say hi from myself (toxic_trance), and everyone else from the Artist Alike Social Group.

We would like to post our drawing here from our Current January Drawing Contest for those on Animesuki to see and to vote upon.

For the January drawing theme, it is "BADASS GIRLS" chosen by our last months Winner, Toxic_Trance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THEME : BADASS GIRLS

Voting Rules

Only two things are mandatory for the voting phase

i) Vote for one of the three contestants below using the poll
ii) Leave a comment saying whom you voted for, and a few sentences if u want to for saying why and giving feedback

*The voting phase will end on 31st January (11:59 pm GMT)
*The three finalists CANNOT vote :)

With all the rules stated and mentioned, here are our Entries (alphabetized by user names)

1) C.A.

2) Toxic

3) Zhaxra

Aoie_Emesai 2009-01-26 20:33

First response! ^^

I voted for you C.A :D

konstargirl 2009-01-26 20:52

I voted for Toxic!!!!! =D

Reiya 2009-01-26 21:08

I go for C.A.!! :)

Daniel E. 2009-01-26 23:58

Here's one for Zhaxra! :)

Comments:

C.A: Nice one. Although I really can't follow the hair in this piece. Or perhaps I should say, that I am not really sure if what we see in the background is actually her hair.

It really distracts me from everything else in the pic. :eyespin:

toxic_trance: Another nice extremely detailed drawing. :) Strangely enough, is the high level of detail that somehow puts me a bit off in the end.

Guess one could say that I prefer a more simple manga like style. :p

Zhaxra: Easily my favorite out of the three. It's kinda funny too! :D

Evil Rick 2009-01-27 00:08

Voted for Zhaxra

The 3 pieces are really good, altough I think Zhaxra's the most attached to the theme :)

Scep 2009-01-27 01:50

Voted for toxic.

CA: Your shading and design is all good, and i had originally intended to vote for you. However while the girl is perhaps "cool", both her expression and pose doesn't really strike me as badass. Extra kudos to the exquisite detail on her stockings and dress though.

TT: Wonderful detail as always. However i did think the face looked abit wierd. Everything else from the skulls in her necklace to the pillar was done wonderfully though, so good job!

Zhaxra: A nice comedic interpretation of the theme. I did think that the red seemed out of place in a b&w piece though.

Mon Cheri 2009-01-27 03:10

Aw, they're all so goooood! I want to vote for all of them :(
But oh well that is not allowed, so Toxic get's mah vote :D

Katocchi 2009-01-27 03:18

My Vote for Zhaxra .. :D

Frailty 2009-01-27 05:54

My vote goes to C.A
for the reason that I like scythes and I like your style on drawing ^_^

toxic_trance 2009-01-27 07:55

Wow! are people voting or are people voting like crazy ^^

Keep them coming...a very exciting voting phase it will be indeed with more votes :)

@Zhaxra... you are not allowed to vote in this phase -_-. Thanks for voting for me...but i will have to cancel one vote from my name >.<

Riker 2009-01-27 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic_trance (Post 2184082)
Wow! are people voting or are people voting like crazy ^^

Keep them coming...a very exciting voting phase it will be indeed with more votes :)

/jumps on bandwagon

I vote for C.A. :)

Delitesco 2009-01-27 10:41

Voted for Zhaxra!

Oh might god this is a tight fight! Everyone has about the excact same ammount of votes! :D

The Chaos 2009-01-27 10:50

I vote for Toxic ..:)

Hypnox 2009-01-27 13:44

Zhaxra gets my vote.

All pieces of art are great. That particular one just happened to appeal to me. :3

Zhaxra 2009-01-28 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic_trance (Post 2184082)
@Zhaxra... you are not allowed to vote in this phase -_-. Thanks for voting for me...but i will have to cancel one vote from my name >.<

@TT: Sorry about that, TT. I clicked first, read later. A bad habit of mine trained rigorously by speeding through all the ELUAs in Warhammer and Warcraft. :uhoh:

Aoie_Emesai 2009-01-28 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhaxra (Post 2185433)
@TT: Sorry about that, TT. I clicked first, read later. A bad habit of mine trained rigorously by speeding through all the ELUAs in Warhammer and Warcraft. :uhoh:

No speed clicking is Diablo II ^^

Cierra 2009-01-28 08:47

This time Toxic gets my vote! I just love ancient mythology!
that doesn't mean that i didn't like the others 2
Zhaxra's girl's look is so vicious,full of confidence and so very badass but there's one itchy bitchy thing i didn't like
Spoiler for what's that?:

C.A's Gothic style was just amazing. Especialy the drawing of the scythe. So many details!
Good luck everyone from ur beloved Scarlet Witch! Aaar!

Animepandafreak 2009-01-28 13:10

ummm this is a toughie it between tt and zi ummmmm........ ..... TT is my vote....

T_T srry ca and zi i still like your guys 2 they were awesome XD

Solace 2009-01-28 14:59

Had to go with Zhaxra for this one. The King in check was a nice touch. ^^