AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   High School DxD Light Novel - Original Archived Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103793)

greensoulreaper 2011-11-11 20:01

n0m@n thanks so much for translating some of this, nobody else seems to be wanting to do it. :D Your efforts are appreciated.

By the way, Japanzai scans has translated the first chapter of the manga if anyone's interested...

larethian 2011-11-12 12:47

@n0m@n

you can ignore the forum account for now. our deputy is on vacation; we have to wait for him to come back to sort things out. big boss is busy as usual.

I've already created the skeletal page for you:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...igh_School_DxD

All you need to do is to log in to your wiki account, click on the red links I made for volume 1, and copy & paste your translations into the appropriate pages, then save them. It's better you do this with your account so that I don't need to add more text to credit you. I've taken the liberty to translate the chapter titles for v1; as the main translator, you can change them if you want to.

After that, add a synopsis, upload the images, and it should be set for approval with one chapter completed (prologue not counted since it's too short).

If you need more help, let us know in the forums.

Riki 2011-11-13 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3854329)
@n0m@n

you can ignore the forum account for now. our deputy is on vacation; we have to wait for him to come back to sort things out. big boss is busy as usual.

I've already created the skeletal page for you:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...igh_School_DxD

All you need to do is to log in to your wiki account, click on the red links I made for volume 1, and copy & paste your translations into the appropriate pages, then save them. It's better you do this with your account so that I don't need to add more text to credit you. I've taken the liberty to translate the chapter titles for v1; as the main translator, you can change them if you want to.

After that, add a synopsis, upload the images, and it should be set for approval with one chapter completed (prologue not counted since it's too short).

If you need more help, let us know in the forums.

I cant seem to find the page in the teaser section? is it still in pending?

larethian 2011-11-13 08:29

This is a media wiki caching issue. There's a command action you can add to the url to purge the cache but I can't remember how it goes.easiest way is to log in to the wiki or click on my link.

n0m@n 2011-11-13 10:43

@Larethian
Thank you so much for the help! I'm really a noob when it comes to using computer so I didn't know what to do. I will get into it soon as I am done with my exams. Again, thank you for the help.

Athena 2011-11-13 17:07

Quote:

I was waked up by the Yandere voice recorded alarm clock
LOL

Thanks for the translation, n0m@n!

Zakoo 2011-11-13 17:11

According to the manga, it's a tsundere seems like huhu.

Anyway, thank you for the translation, I have read your translations before the first chapter of the manga and I'm really pleased, the main female chara is a real hotty btw, seems like I really have something for red hair. Or maybe it's the nobility aura emaning from her?

Good luck for the continuation and thank you.

greensoulreaper 2011-11-13 19:04

n0m@n, sorry for not asking you before, but I've added images on the Baka-Tsuki page for HSDxD Vol. 1 (illustrations & cover), if that's alright with you?

n0m@n 2011-11-14 05:19

@ greensoulreaper
Thanks alot! I didnt know how to put up the illustration, so it was a big help.

Also from now I would put the translation diricterly at baka-tsuki because the moderator may delete it here if they see it. I will post here if I make any update if at baka-tsuki.

greensoulreaper 2011-11-15 02:10

No problem. I'll continue to help out with that if needed, as you translate each chapter or "Life". This novel's gotten me interested. Nice intro of characters and has promise for some crazy adventures/battles & harem antics. I can't wait to see what the anime is like. :p

larethian 2011-11-15 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by greensoulreaper (Post 3857893)
No problem. I'll continue to help out with that if needed, as you translate each chapter or "Life". This novel's gotten me interested. Nice intro of characters and has promise for some crazy adventures/battles & harem antics. I can't wait to see what the anime is like. :p

I'm willing to wager that you will be pissed. We're talking about adaptations of Fujimi Shobou's novels here.

greensoulreaper 2011-11-15 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3857944)
I'm willing to wager that you will be pissed. We're talking about adaptations of Fujimi Shobou's novels here.

Meh, I'm not new to anime adaptations that only puts emphasis on fan-service and misses out on the other important parts of the story. I'm more curious to see how they animate this and what seiyuus they will have playing each character.

I don't expect the anime to be perfect, but it's always a pleasure to watch anyways. Can't say how others will react though. Maybe the usual "omg what did I just see?" Who knows though. I didn't expect Infinite Stratos (Also based off a LN) to do so well in BD sales this year, and look what happened...maybe the same can happen for HSDxD, maybe not.

larethian 2011-11-15 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by greensoulreaper (Post 3857978)
Meh, I'm not new to anime adaptations that only puts emphasis on fan-service and misses out on the other important parts of the story. I'm more curious to see how they animate this and what seiyuus they will have playing each character.

I don't expect the anime to be perfect, but it's always a pleasure to watch anyways. Can't say how others will react though. Maybe the usual "omg what did I just see?" Who knows though. I didn't expect Infinite Stratos (Also based off a LN) to do so well in BD sales this year, and look what happened...maybe the same can happen for HSDxD, maybe not.

no, adaptations for Fujimi Shobou's works are really bad. even JC Staff + Dengeki or JC Staff + MF can't lose to them. it's like they do it on purpose to make people buy the novels. the only one I found acceptable from Fujimi is Seitokai, probably because it's mostly comedy series so you can't mess up the plot too much. Even with Seitokai, there were a number of things stripped out and re-adapted, but they kept mostly to the spirit of the jokes so it's acceptable.

greensoulreaper 2011-11-18 14:49

Oh bloody hell. Those censors.....

Well, I should've expected as much I suppose.

Riki 2011-11-18 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by greensoulreaper (Post 3863091)
Oh bloody hell. Those censors.....

Well, I should've expected as much I suppose.

....The art level juz drop like hidan no aria :frustrated:

Lender 2011-11-18 23:09

Well, it would not be that good even with another studio, tell me 1 good anime with echii+ action, i don't know any. I think it will be good as a comedy.

If you want a good action anime don't put echii on it, echii pretty much kill the action animes(eg. Madhouse did a very good work with Highschol of Dead but i could not take it serious because of the hardcore echii showing underwears and erotic stuff every 2 min).
If you want a comedy, echii is ok.

Try to imagine Fate/Zero with echii, I could'nt take it serious.

Of course I am talking about hardcore echiis and not about some underwear here and there in a scene where it would make sense to show it.

Even with madhouse+i.g production+ufotable together DxD would still be bad.

nfsac 2011-11-19 13:19

So up to now, How far has Issei gone with each of the girls of the harem?
Naked shower? Kiss? sex? ^^

greensoulreaper 2011-11-19 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsac (Post 3864493)
So up to now, How far has Issei gone with each of the girls of the harem?
Naked shower? Kiss? sex? ^^

Wait, you don't actually want to spoil it for yourself, do you?

Master Assassin 2011-11-19 20:02

^ I don't know about him, but as for me, bring it on (spoilers). :naughty:

n0m@n 2011-11-20 04:21

You mean physically?
Well upto Volume 10:
Spoiler for Progress with each girls:

By the way chapter 2 is 20% finished because my exam finished few days ago so I have more time now.