AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-07-31 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3710470)
yup, i didn't. mainly because i forgot, lol.
as soon as i see the the result i want to go ahead and assemble back together.
since this is a really old HG, it couldn't hardly do any pose. so if i were to just put it stand up as usual, those old Red part will never show. :heh:

however after i finish with this one, my Black paint is totally gone..... one can of tamiya paint seem only enough for 2 kits...... man...... they are pretty expansive.

Yea. Well Gundam model kit as a hobby is expensive.

The kits, the brushes, paints, primers, action bases...

I basically decided a while ago that I would only stick with the 00 series and maybe get the MG Wing EW version kits. That's about it.

And I try my luck at various contests and whatnot to get some MG kits. Like that one from Gundam Guy where if you buy the kits that are specially marked with those serial number code things, and you enter...

If I win the PG or MG kit set, I might simply sell them online for some money that I can use towards video games, anime, manga, and maybe towards GunPla hobby stuff (kits, paints, etc).

Or, if I do win, I might keep them (at least 1 or 2) and maybe build it.

But again, I try to keep this hobby to a minimum since I'm more into video games. But even with video games, I've lately been slowly (but surely) cutting back. I guess I'm feeling a bit old now and trying to save up for other "real life" necessities ya know?

But then again, my inner gamer/hobbyist/anime/manga fan...it always makes me come back.

But even still...I tend to hunt for discounts, lower prices, etc. Shopping online has helped me save tremendously and with guys like Gundam Guy (no pun intended) and his contests and pretty good prices... (yea I know there are other retailers that sell at a lower price, but they're not doing the GunPla industry a favor at all...they're making it worse while profiting a little bit for themselves...)...etc.

I could go on and on.

=P

But yea. This is a very expensive hobby...like basically with all hobbies or stuff you collect. I try to keep things to a minimum while trying to enjoy getting stuff as much as I can at the lowest cost to me and while supporting the industry.

Sir Dearka 2011-07-31 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3710439)
i kinda agree on the second season machines from OO. except for the OO i really wasnt a fan of those. the suits from the first season were awesome though!
and i agree, it would be great to have the thrones as 1/100 kits.

I liked the designs in season one more, too. Especially the Dynames. it was just brilliant! They really should've gone for the MG, but I guess it is wishful thinking for now :]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3710439)
also, that link is not working for me. but its obvious what its about^^ and i agree, the buster is awesome. i got it as a 1/100 no grade.

The link should work now. As far as I remember, the 1/100 Buster comes from times when the line was still called High Grades both in 1/144 and 1/100 :) I have two of those. One used in my title SEED diorama and the other one docked in kotobukiya base :) Not to mention it was my very first model kit. Ah, those great times from five years ago...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-07-31 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3710448)

What's with that shoulder armor on Sandrock? Without the cloak, it looks dorky. :confused:

Appel 2011-07-31 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3710709)
What's with that shoulder armor on Sandrock? Without the cloak, it looks dorky. :confused:

agreed :P it looks kinda weird^^

but what im wondering about right now is whether bandai will give us a delta gundam now that the delta plus is close to its release date... it would really like to see that!

MakubeX2 2011-07-31 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3710709)
What's with that shoulder armor on Sandrock? Without the cloak, it looks dorky. :confused:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8...1939065586.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3710927)
but what im wondering about right now is whether bandai will give us a delta gundam now that the delta plus is close to its release date... it would really like to see that!

No undergating on the runners seems to indicate something.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-07-31 17:12

@ MakubeX2

It still look awkward.

guanin 2011-07-31 18:43

Has anyone here painted a Hi-Nu gundam with tamiya paints?

Critias 2011-07-31 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3710463)
just took another picture of my white Epyon

if i were to do it next time, definitely will avoid doing it white, lol

And be sure to get that primer we talked with you about :heh:

Might be me, but I think some of your parts did turn "pinkish" :eek:

skyboy928 2011-07-31 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 3711324)
And be sure to get that primer we talked with you about :heh:

Might be me, but I think some of your parts did turn "pinkish" :eek:

hahaha, you notice, lol
yes it did, but i blame it on the wind, it was pretty windy out there yesterday, but since i can't really paint it in door, and i can't wait to start, so i got no choice but give it a shot. but like i said, for now i will definitely not doing these custom paint job, after all, i do like Gundam the way they are.

by the way, what kinda of Red should i use, if i were to paint my Red Zaku?
i saw a couple different Red out there, but which would you guys suggest?

Appel 2011-08-01 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3711359)
hahaha, you notice, lol
yes it did, but i blame it on the wind, it was pretty windy out there yesterday, but since i can't really paint it in door, and i can't wait to start, so i got no choice but give it a shot. but like i said, for now i will definitely not doing these custom paint job, after all, i do like Gundam the way they are.

by the way, what kinda of Red should i use, if i were to paint my Red Zaku?
i saw a couple different Red out there, but which would you guys suggest?

who cares, i think your epyon looks awesome^^ turned out really nicely!

you mean you want to paint a regular zaku red? what kind of red are you talking about, the red char color scheme? thats more like a mix of dark red and pink in my opinion. i think you should use images of chars zaku II for reference then^^

skyboy928 2011-08-01 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3711587)
who cares, i think your epyon looks awesome^^ turned out really nicely!

you mean you want to paint a regular zaku red? what kind of red are you talking about, the red char color scheme? thats more like a mix of dark red and pink in my opinion. i think you should use images of chars zaku II for reference then^^

thanks, yes, i'm thinking to paint my PG Red Zaku II, Char's color, but i just have no clue which red is that suppose to be........
one of the main reason to paint theat PG kit is because i built that long ago, and back then my panel lining is suck, and i didn't use Gundam Marker, i stupidly use regular marker, lol the line is freaking huge :heh:

so i'm thinking to repaint it and redo those panel line as well. just thinking to do so, not sure when will i actually do it tho

MakubeX2 2011-08-01 07:25

Here I am messing around with my SD Wing EW, when I found it can do the following :-

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/148/p1090043q.jpg


.....Though I feel I'm just stating something obvious and inevitable here.

skyboy928 2011-08-01 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3711692)
Here I am messing around with my SD Wing EW, when I found it can do the following :-

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/148/p1090043q.jpg


.....Though I feel I'm just stating something obvious and inevitable here.

i c you took the gun from the old SD Wing, nice.

by the way, while i was custom paint the Epyon. i somehow got the idea of taking the old Altron's arm and possible the wing, if i could some how put them all together, it could be quite awesome, imagine when it transform, it could have 4 head, lol but that would mean i will have to custom paint my Altron as well.......

kaizerknight01 2011-08-01 08:07

While a red mobile suit is x 3 faster , a grunt unit with a painted red shoulder is x 3 more bad ass

Spoiler for Homage to a certain grunt unit form a paralled world:



Spoiler for Inspired by:



still need a lot more practice on hand painting ( My hand shakes uncontrollably :( )

suiton629 2011-08-01 08:17

Some updated images of the HG Shining Gundam and HG Master Gundam

HGFC 1/144 Shining Gundam - Updated Images
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...ed-images.html

HGFC 1/144 Master Gundam & Fuuunsaiki - Updated Images
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...uuunsaiki.html

RGM-86R GM III & Noubel GMIII - Hobby Magazine (Sept Issue)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...iii-hobby.html

Appel 2011-08-01 09:59

while the RG kits really are pretty much the same they still look mighty impressive:
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_55.jpg
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_56.jpg
(HGUC on the left, RG on the right)

i really hope that bandai will release an RG kit that i dont have yet because i will definitely pick it up^^ they are cheap and the amount of detail is simply amazing for such a small kit :P

skyboy928 2011-08-01 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3711829)
while the RG kits really are pretty much the same they still look mighty impressive:
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_55.jpg
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_56.jpg
(HGUC on the left, RG on the right)

i really hope that bandai will release an RG kit that i dont have yet because i will definitely pick it up^^ they are cheap and the amount of detail is simply amazing for such a small kit :P

totally agree, that's why my next purchase will be RG strike, and RG freedom, at least i was thinking to get the other 3 RG as well, but then since i do have those in HGUC already, so don't want to get another one just like it. but since i don't have any 1/144 for Gundam Seed, so that totally perfect for me, lol

Sworra 2011-08-01 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3712064)
totally agree, that's why my next purchase will be RG strike, and RG freedom, at least i was thinking to get the other 3 RG as well, but then since i do have those in HGUC already, so don't want to get another one just like it. but since i don't have any 1/144 for Gundam Seed, so that totally perfect for me, lol

I am building the RG strike and i must say for $30.00 that i paid, the detail is crazy for a 1/144 scale. The articulation on the RG's matches of a MG, its simply crazy for the size of a RG to pull that off.

skyboy928 2011-08-01 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3712322)
I am building the RG strike and i must say for $30.00 that i paid, the detail is crazy for a 1/144 scale. The articulation on the RG's matches of a MG, its simply crazy for the size of a RG to pull that off.

especially when a regular HG nowadays seem to be getting more and more expensive. getting a RG is definitely a good idea :D

suiton629 2011-08-01 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3712372)
especially when a regular HG nowadays seem to be getting more and more expensive. getting a RG is definitely a good idea :D

I like MG kits.

Perfect blend of medium~medium high price, high quality engineering, all the colors you need (99% of the time), high quality details, and not as crazy huge as a PG kit...

=P

If I get anything besides a Master Grade, I go with Super Deformed..

- cheap
- cute
- quick fix satisfaction
- good for a fun afternoon of building & painting


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.