AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   (L) The different world magic is too behind! [web novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=129419)

Avrorrange 2014-11-18 10:29

The different world magic is too behind! [web novel]

This is the Japanese webnovel link
Original title:異世界魔法は遅れてる
Romaji title:Isekai Mahou ha Okureteru!
Author:Gamei Hitsuji(樋辻臥命)
Illustrator:himesuz
Publisher:Overlap Bunko
Publication status:Three volumes,ongoing

Before you ask, I know what you want to ask:
Is the MC OP?
Spoiler for answer:

Is there a harem?
Spoiler for answer:

Spoiler for Summary up to chapter 15:

Spoiler for Modern magic vs magic from the fantasy world:

Spoiler for Personal comments about the story and about the MC:

By the way, this series is also getting a drama CD.The VAs are:
Nobuhiko Okamoto for the MC
Satoshi Hino for the Hero
Ayane Sakura for the female friend
Marina Inoue for Ferumenia

sayf82 2014-11-18 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moe Connection (Post 5341250)
Is there a harem?
Spoiler for answer:

i hope she is the one on vol.3 cover:D

Amanomurakumo 2014-11-18 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayf82 (Post 5341266)
i hope she is the one on vol.3 cover:D

Volume 2 seems more likely.

Although, it could just be that it takes longer than normal for other girls to start developing feelings. It is pretty weird how heroines in so many other ln fall in love with the protagonist within days of their first meeting, barring extreme circumstances like life saving, and the damsel effect.

obnuchious 2014-11-18 10:48

so the girls in each cover.... are not the main heroine but rather the most prominent/important female that the MC interacts with...?

@Moe ... mentioned MC came from our modern world... exactly how modern?

Avrorrange 2014-11-18 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by obnuchious (Post 5341269)
so the girls in each cover.... are not the main heroine but rather the most prominent/important female that the MC interacts with...?

@Moe ... mentioned MC came from our modern world... exactly how modern?

He came from this world.People who have read ahead
Spoiler for speculations:

Silentwolfie 2014-11-18 11:48

Spoiler for Description of MC's talent, personality and powers.:

Avrorrange 2014-11-18 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentwolfie (Post 5341328)
Spoiler for Description of MC's talent, personality and powers.:

Since you have read ahead, would you mind explaining whether there is a
Spoiler for Question:

Silentwolfie 2014-11-18 12:31

The girls.
Spoiler for Summary.:

Spoiler for Girls.:

casgoldsmith 2014-11-18 12:56

No harem?
No OP?

:(

Trikr 2014-11-18 16:25

So, there is transfer from Nasuverse-like world to some medievel-like low magic fantasy world and little-below-middle MC is OP just because in the country of the blind one-eyed man is a king. LOL.
Is there any reason why so powerful mages ( in Nasuverse reality-marble like effects only feasible for the most powerful creatures) are on verge of extinction ?

VooXoo 2014-11-18 17:41

This is interesting, a summoned "hero" who is more OP than the people in the new world, from the pics he seems to be a badass.

Okashira 2014-11-18 18:16

The website and LN trailer cleverly use Felmeia's cuteness as if she was the heorine (the kingdom's magic user), but "no one" points her out as the heroine (If you read jp profiles, you'll notice that most places take the time to list who are the heroines and who aren't, as to "sell the appeal").

I browsed through the prolog (as usual, I'm supposed to be doing something else :heh: ), having her cute & cherubic ambitions coming crashing down in a large ball of (white) fire was probably the best example of gap moe I had seen all day :heh:

The novel does use Majutsushi / Magician [ 魔術師 ] and Mahou Tsukai / Magic user [ 魔法使い ] as if they were two different 'disciplines'.

Avrorrange 2014-11-18 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trikr (Post 5341540)
So, there is transfer from Nasuverse-like world to some medievel-like low magic fantasy world and little-below-middle MC is OP just because in the country of the blind one-eyed man is a king. LOL.
Is there any reason why so powerful mages ( in Nasuverse reality-marble like effects only feasible for the most powerful creatures) are on verge of extinction ?

Because there are way too many 'muggles' compared to magicians.Society also prefers science to magic.A magician can take down a few people at most before being overwhelmed by science and number.

Astraeia 2014-11-18 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moe Connection (Post 5341643)
Because there are way too many 'muggles' compared to magicians.Society also prefers science to magic.A magician can take down a few people at most before being overwhelmed by science and number.

The way you put it makes it sound like a dumb excuse.

PROzess 2014-11-18 19:13

For some reason, my interest was piqued by the description (and by no means by the naked girl in the first illustration, no, never :o), so I decided to give it a go.
The previous teaser got a translator interested too, so it might work here as well.
Enjoy~

BigNobody 2014-11-18 19:16

^ Thanks PROzess

Karoshi 2014-11-18 19:36

The use of modern magic in a fantasy world where their magic is less effective, this has definitely piqued my interest.

gimme breack 2014-11-18 19:36

damn . . .
that intro . . .
thanks alot brotha . . . !!

jaydreadzz 2014-11-18 20:21

i guess the translated version came from WB Version?

somehow the MC give off the feeling of Lelouch vibes of Code Geass

Loco15 2014-11-18 21:20

I just read the prologue and I have the feeling this is going to enter in my 15 or 10 most favorite LN's

Btw there is already a Baka-updates page, WTF isn't that too fast?