AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

SNT1 2006-10-27 19:35

www.hlj.com
good Japanese website, userfriendly

www.rainbowten.co.jp
best Japanese customer service

www.imageanime.com
best North American store, 3 days from order to my state (TN), gets stuff a few days after the japanese stres, my personal favorite.

dodgethis_sg 2006-10-27 19:58

www.1999.co.jp

Meehlimo 2006-10-27 20:05

I love image anime I live in New Jersey and they r in New York so i get my models in just one day with standard shipping :D :D

M_Flores 2006-10-27 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillmissing (Post 720779)

I dont get what the first window/box of that pic is trying to say... wtf is that stand? O_O

AnimePaul 2006-10-27 22:11

Has anyone bought anything from hobbywave.com? Their site looks professional and I'm thinking of buying MG Wing Zero Custom, MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka, and Astray Gold Frame Amatu for Christmas.

theOtherGuy 2006-10-27 23:00

You can buy it here for $7.00 cheaper.

M_Flores 2006-10-29 01:03

Clearer pic

The rail cannons seem to be able to extend now. Also, that stand... what can I say...

SNT1 2006-10-29 01:28

a spider stand? alas, the F91 stand has a competition!

duotiga 2006-10-29 04:44

is more of like a holder for the super dragoons....

Akyra 2006-10-29 07:33

But why are they at the bottom? It woulda been better if they just used those plastic things you get in the 1/144 HG kits...I mean, when did the 'goons ever "fly" underneath the gundam like that anyway?! It's mostly around it or in front of it.

Meehlimo 2006-10-29 11:40

Y did they make it so rail cannons extend b-club changes to many things in model desgin i want the damn gundam how its suposed to look.

kct 2006-10-29 12:27

It was designed THAT way from the start.

DarkWarrior 2006-10-29 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 723094)
But why are they at the bottom? It woulda been better if they just used those plastic things you get in the 1/144 HG kits...I mean, when did the 'goons ever "fly" underneath the gundam like that anyway?! It's mostly around it or in front of it.

Uh, it's at the bottom so you have a place to store it if you want Strike Freedom posed without the DRAGOONs. If you want to display the DRAGOONs the special option version will come with parts for that.

Meehlimo 2006-10-29 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 723281)
It was designed THAT way from the start.

Dont look like that in the anime.

M_Flores 2006-10-29 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 723338)
Dont look like that in the anime.

And the chest cannon is kinda wrong too. But I don't really mind.

srb 2006-10-29 17:30

You do realize they had to redesign it because it looked like shit from the beginning? This version actually looks good, they even subdued the gold.

Although it still has nothing on Freedom.

M_Flores 2006-10-29 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb (Post 723530)
You do realize they had to redesign it because it looked like shit from the beginning? This version actually looks good, they even subdued the gold.

Although it still has nothing on Freedom.

lol, I disagree. But then again, its all in the taste. To me, Strike Freedom looks just what it is - a fully tuned or 'modified' Freedom Gundam.
When you put aero parts on a car, you put it on for the aerodynamics, even though it makes the car look horrible. (Okay, I know the gold joints do nothing)
But that's my impression of Strike Freedom. It looks beefier, grander, holier than thou stock Freedom Gundam, along with stealing gimmicks from Buster Gundam and Providence/Legend Gundams, not to mention Calamity/Abyss.

srb 2006-10-29 19:15

Calamity wasn't the first mobile suit with a torso cannon, and Hi-Nu has its funnels arranged in a "wing" configuration as well.

No, seriously, I really don't like the original design, and it's not just the gold either. MG Freedom sans the wings is the epitome of sleek MS sexiness to me, with Zeta being the epitome of the "sleek but bulky" type. SF just does nothing for me, even though the lineart for the MG redesign actually does look pretty good.

M_Flores 2006-10-29 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb (Post 723592)
Calamity wasn't the first mobile suit with a torso cannon, and Hi-Nu has its funnels arranged in a "wing" configuration as well.

No, seriously, I really don't like the original design, and it's not just the gold either. MG Freedom sans the wings is the epitome of sleek MS sexiness to me, with Zeta being the epitome of the "sleek but bulky" type. SF just does nothing for me, even though the lineart for the MG redesign actually does look pretty good.

Never said [insert mentioned suit here] was the first to have [insert said gimmick here].

But I see what you're saying. Though I like how it stole the Hi-Nu arrangement, because Hi-Nu was one of my fav suits but was never made into animation (as far as I've seen anyway), and the Hi-Nu concept being adopted and getting CE'd or Freedomed really got my attention, so that's probably another reason. I thought of SF has a Hi-Nu with beam shields, gold rice, combo rifles, etc.

I guess fanboys like me appreciate SF for what it is - a modified version of the 'epitome of sleek MS sexiness', the riced up, overpowered version of the so called epitome of sleek MS that was the Freedom Gundam, which I think the wingspan and side skirts were a really nice touch on this design (original stock Freedom Gundam). But coming from me, I appreciate Strike Freedom more on what it symbolizes (modified Freedom Gundam) and not so much the mecha design or artwork. If it wasn't for all the promos, all the re-used stock footage of SF destroying 13452345436346 grunts, all the fanservice, who knows, I probably wont like SF as much.

If I looked at SF WITHOUT having seen any of GSD OR have read about its history, etc. I'd probably still like it judging by the armaments and gimmicks alone, but in a beauty pageant, I'd still go the good ol' WING GUNDAM ZERO CUSTOM, hehehe

srb 2006-10-30 06:41

I guess part of why I dislike it is because of some "fans", easily recognizable by having nicknames like xXxKIRAYAMATOxXx and SSJSTRIEKFREDOOM and GOKUKIRASFREEDOM, are complete and utter morons. It just becomes guilty by association :(.