AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Macademi Wasshoi! (anime adaptation of Magician's Academy) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59722)

NeoSam 2007-12-21 04:49

Macademi Wasshoi! (anime adaptation of Magician's Academy)

The boy's light novel series Magician's Academy by Sakaki Ichirou (author) and BLADE (illustrator) will be getting animated.

まじしゃんず・あかでみい
Magician's Academy

少年向けライトノベル.
Shounen light novel (light novel series for boys).

Official anime site:
http://www.macademi.tv/

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Magician's Academy is published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Famitsu Bunko.

The light novel series is finished with 9 light novel volumes and 5 short story light novels.
Covers:

Magician's Academy light novels:

There's also a short story light novel series that's titled: Macademi Radical (まかでみ・らでぃかる).
Covers:

A manga adaptation titled Magician's Academy was serialized in the shounen/seinen magazine Magi-Cu (which is now defunct).
Cover of manga:

Shounen manga.

The light novel series also got adapted to a PS2 game.

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance

Spoiler for Other boy's light novels that got animated:

NeoSam 2008-03-26 13:05

The anime adaptation of the Magician's Academy light novel series will be titled:

まかでみWAっしょい!
Macademi Wasshoi!

Broadcast: Autumn 2008

Staff:

--------------------------------------

Original Work: Sakaki Ichirou
Original Character Concept: BLADE
Director: Kanzaki Takaomi
Series Composition: Hasegawa Katsumi
Character Design: Oosumi Takaharu
Animation Production: ZEXCS

--------------------------------------

The official site for the anime has been renewed:
http://www.macademi.tv/

Source: MoonPhase

Potatochobit 2008-07-30 06:15

NOOOO! MFI! NOOOO!@

I just recently saw this and went, macadamia nuts? thats a show I want to watch!

Im looking forward to this, but I hope it doesnt turn out horrible like maple story did.

the PV on the website is from the game I think?

Chaos2Frozen 2008-07-30 06:33

Eh?! So this is the title of that manga I bought... :heh:

I just saw this at the shop about a year ago.

Bought it, but didn't understand a darn thing :heh:

But I could have sworn I saw a number of ecchi scenes... :uhoh:

WanderingKnight 2008-07-30 18:42

What... just what the hell are those character designs...

I want my sight back.

Same_Shark 2008-07-30 21:12

Ami Koshimizu fans have another anime to watch. Looks like she's vocing a boy this time.

Claies 2008-07-30 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingKnight (Post 1768298)
What... just what the hell are those character designs...

I want my sight back.

This is even worse than Zero no Tsukaima S2's hormonal plot. >_>

Dingo 2008-07-30 23:39

This reminds me of that horrible Light novel/manga/Anime, Zero no Tsukaima.It looks like shit.

Koroku 2008-07-31 22:12

Those character designs... are offly... interesting...

Midonin 2008-08-09 16:24

New promo video up at the website today, featuring what I think is the OP. The lead seiyuu trio of Mariya Ise, Yukari Fukui, and Ui Miyazaki sing it, and a few scenes are shown.

Midonin 2008-08-29 11:53

With the fall season quickly approaching, this is yet another website that underwent a major revision. And to add to my above post, the ED will be done by Ayumi Murata.

musume_no_hoshi 2008-08-31 19:21

When I read the thread title...I thought it said 'macaroni' (hope I spelt it correctly).

Looks like it would be eyecandy with fanservice...most likely a pass or I might check out the first episode and see would the animation company did some miracles on it? ^_^''

tam 2008-09-13 03:31

I read the novels from 1-4, and I could say this novel is VERY fun to read and I wish the anime will the novel's storyline. From the PV I watched, its certain that it will follow Vol.1 of the novel.:D

Here's the rundown of what I think of the novels:

Vol.1 - Introduction story. Nothing much but quite fun.

Vol.2 - The most touching I've seen.

Vol.3 - The most action packed! For those old times RPG dungeon's fans, you'll gonna love this.:D

Vol.4 - The funniest so far.

And for those who don't know anything about the story, here's the character info. to get a picture of what may come out in the anime:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Hopefully this helps. And I really support this novel and anime. Hopefully someone can translate the manga version that was serialized in " Comic Alive".

Vexx 2008-09-16 10:09

Looks like they toned down the character designs a bit from the manga --- all still "scary-cute".

The weird factor makes me want to give it 2 or 3 episodes at least.

tam 2008-09-17 00:58

Just finished Vol.5 and I could say this is where the real story begins. This is quite a mixture of comedy and action, in this case, both funny and fun.

The details:

Spoiler for Plot:

Also I just read the manga version of it. Its the "only one volume" version. From the manga the first chapter follows the first chapter of the novels. The others are either short stories or original stories specially for this manga.

Really can't wait for the anime to release.:hyper-^v^:

Shiroi Hane 2008-09-20 07:45

There was a little piece on this in the August Megami (yeah, takes 2 months to get to me)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/shirobane/SMsmE...8/DSC05225.JPG

It didn't interest me greatly, but I do like the artwork on novel covers above.

Midonin 2008-09-26 10:16

Three new promos up today - one for each of the main girls. (And after hearing it several times over the past month or two, the OP is starting to grow on me.)

Midonin 2008-10-05 11:56

Spoiler for Episode 01 - ? de Wasshoi:

aroduc 2008-10-05 23:50

I'll admit to being pretty pleasant surprised by this. Far less... well... horrificly bad than I was expecting it to be. Still not 100% on these downs syndrome character designs though...

OP

tam 2008-10-06 00:43

My guesses for next episode:

Spoiler for Next Episode:

Also glad that the anime is following the story from the novels.