AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

maknaedik 2013-05-14 09:48

Don't be afraid of using markers, it's better to have excess paint, you can always remove it with toothpick. That method worked for me when I worked on my Sinanju.

Appel 2013-05-14 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4680257)
Don't be afraid of using markers, it's better to have excess paint, you can always remove it with toothpick. That method worked for me when I worked on my Sinanju.

It works, sure. It just isn't as accurate in my opinion. I just can't work with markers for some reason...

Also, my Jesta just arrived^^ This definitely isn't a big build though, I'm gonna be done with this in a couple of hours. It also doesn't seem to need any paint at all, this is gonna be a fun straight build!

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-05-14 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4680168)
They always use the RX-78-2 as a posterchild for a new line. It will always be the first kit for a new branch of model kits. And I honestly think that is a good idea both for them and for us. It's design isn't overly complex so they can experiment a little with the new features and it is a fan favorite since it is the machine that started it all.
Even if you don't like the grand daddy of all Gundams or if you have enough models of it already, seeing how this kit will do is still a good benchmark for what is to come.

HGUC started with GunCannon. Didn't hurt the line overall, nowdid it? RX-78-2 was the 21th in that line. I'm just getting tired of seeing the same MS over and over again in the same scale -.-

Appel 2013-05-14 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4680306)
HGUC started with GunCannon. Didn't hurt the line overall, nowdid it? RX-78-2 was the 21th in that line. I'm just getting tired of seeing the same MS over and over again in the same scale -.-

Don't get me wrong, I am getting a little tired of it as well^^ Especially since there are models that would need a new version a lot more. Just look at the MGs from Stardust Memory for example.

Skye629 2013-05-14 12:26

I would like to point out that all ppl did not like the 2.0 Gundam, mainly due to its 70's proportions (Im one of them, imo the OYW is the best looking one by far)

firefox 2013-05-14 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4679974)
I don't see the point of another new version of the MG RX-78-2. Why fix something that is not broken? The OYW and the 2.0 are both good and appealing. I really hope that they don't start releasing Zakus and Goufs again, and instead give us kits like X and V2.

I can't agree more, the OYW is still the best looking RX-78 out there and a great build!

Appel 2013-05-14 14:37

Haha, the 2.0 is still one of my favorites^^ I actually really like the looks of it.

MrSubstitute1 2013-05-14 20:23

Now that they have introduced the MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 3.0 as the thing that will change the future of MG, does that mean all new MG will look like RG or is is just a coincidence? I am not sure if they said this or not but are they planning on recreating all their previous MG to incorporate their new technology too? Now I do not mind on what they are trying to achieve in terms of articulations for there new MG to come, but if they are all going to look like RG in 1/100 form, then I thing it might be a problem. I feel like if you were to put the same Gundam of the MG and RG scale next to each other, the RG would catch the eye because of the way it is stylized. If future MG are going to look like RG, does that not take away attraction from RG as for those that like details of RG knowing they can get it better on the MG version? Does it not take away the attraction from MG for those that like the clean design of it? MG and RG should contrast each other in terms of style and design. What I want from future MG in terms of general looks is that it should look more stylized just enough and have the right proportions to look like it came out of the anime while still being true to its design and incorporating some mechanical details, like something along the line of Robot Damashii and Metal Build in how they are stylized. Just like RG, I also want is consistency from one another in terms of style because you can tell each MG are stylized differently. I also would like if they made a fully complete detailed innerframe from head to toe. I never liked how they cheap out and exclude a full innerframe on the head and feet, and I do not like it when when the innerframe does not feel full. What do you expect the from future of MG to do? I am sorry if I made this sound like a rant, but I was not trying to. I was just inputting my concerns.

maknaedik 2013-05-14 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSubstitute1 (Post 4680946)
Now that they have introduced the MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 3.0 as the thing that will change the future of MG, does that mean all new MG will look like RG or is is just a coincidence? I am not sure if they said this or not but are they planning on recreating all their previous MG to incorporate their new technology too? Now I do not mind on what they are trying to achieve in terms of articulations for there new MG to come, but if they are all going to look like RG in 1/100 form, then I thing it might be a problem. I feel like if you were to put the same Gundam of the MG and RG scale next to each other, the RG would catch the eye because of the way it is stylized. If future MG are going to look like RG, does that not take away attraction from RG as for those that like details of RG knowing they can get it better on the MG version? Does it not take away the attraction from MG for those that like the clean design of it? MG and RG should contrast each other in terms of style and design. What I want from future MG in terms of general looks is that it should look more stylized just enough and have the right proportions to look like it came out of the anime while still being true to its design and incorporating some mechanical details, like something along the line of Robot Damashii and Metal Build in how they are stylized. Just like RG, I also want is consistency from one another in terms of style because you can tell each MG are stylized differently. I also would like if they made a fully complete detailed innerframe from head to toe. I never liked how they cheap out and exclude a full innerframe on the head and feet, and I do not like it when when the innerframe does not feel full. What do you expect the from future of MG to do? I am sorry if I made this sound like a rant, but I was not trying to. I was just inputting my concerns.

EXACTLY! I want to blog about it, all my concerns and rants but I'm still waiting for the hobby show to give us complete info. I'm happy that people are getting what they want, but most people say RG > MG just because of the details. That's not the case because it's subjective.

firefox 2013-05-15 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4681039)
EXACTLY! I want to blog about it, all my concerns and rants but I'm still waiting for the hobby show to give us complete info. I'm happy that people are getting what they want, but most people say RG > MG just because of the details. That's not the case because it's subjective.

Detail is needed, plain MG's just are uninteresting. If you want that bring back the 1/100 HG/NG line.

MG is about detail, not showaccuracy, because showaccuracy means no detail at all and lowsy proportions.
I'm horrified at the thought of a showaccurate impulse or infinite justice gundam, might just get the old 1/144 HG then if i wanted that.

Appel 2013-05-15 03:08

The problem is that they don't really care about what we are thinking since these models are mainly being made for the japanese market^^ We importers are pretty much just an afterthought.
I don't know any sales numbers of the RGs in Japan, but if they did really well there it only makes sense for them to incorporate certain features of that line into the MG line.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-15 03:33

Many people (not necessarily the ones here) complain about RG’s excessive details, overload of decals, and the unfaithfulness toward the original designs, while I rarely see them delivering the same complains towards MG Strike Freedom, Duel, Buster, Blitz, Aegis, Strike RM, Nu Ka etc that have knock-out details, extensive decals, and being over-stylized from the original designs.

I mean, if you don’t like the decals, don’t apply them. And if you don’t like the details, don’t panel-line them (they’ll be hardly visible then). Also, stylized MGs differing from the original designs is something Bandai’s been doing since the first MG of RX-78-2. :heh:

Appel 2013-05-15 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4681399)
Also, stylized MGs differing from the original designs is something Bandaiís been doing since the first MG of RX-78-2. :heh:

They sort of had to do that, considering the quality of the animation XD That is why I like the 2.0! It does look like the animated Gundam without looking like a mess with terrible proportions.

And yes, many people complain about that, but how is it in Japan? I honestly don't know. And you are right, the MG line has always been about a high level of detail. Who knows? Maybe it will actually look better like that in 1/100 scale.
The RGs look a little too cluttered with details because they are so small. Especially if you apply all the stickers and markings! On my RG RX-78-2 I don't have any decals at all and I didn't line it. And I actually really like it like that! It doesn't look overkill.

On a different note, I didn't finish my Jesta yesterday afterall :P Turns out that building a MG kit after a 10 hour work day is kind of impossible so I called it quits at 10pm XD
I did finish the torso, head, arms and shoulders though.
My thoughts so far? Awesome kit but a little underwhelming in terms of complexity. It's like a really dumbed down Nu Ver.Ka. But I suppose that was to be expected from a grunt suit^^
It does look awesome though. And the fact that it only has one TINY sticker for a sensor on the head is really cool!

maknaedik 2013-05-15 06:06

Well, Nu ver Ka is ver Ka, it's supposedly not anime accurate. While MG IJ having two thrusters at each wing at the back, but in the anime it only has one, MG SF having gold parts exposed when the dragoons are exposed and the like, their details aren't as funky as RG. RG details are too ridiculous.

I'm not saying that I don't like RG, I just don't want it in the MG line. And I hate those people who complain about RGs, I mean, they aren't supposed to look anime accurate, so why complain? HAHA!

duotiga 2013-05-15 07:57

I have done almost single 1 of RGs ....RG as the scale implies, is meant to be realistic marking details

though not anime accurate , at least the realistic details & design makes it rather different than normal HG or even MG

I will still do RG even though with its common flaws but the details that's makes the kit shine

maknaedik 2013-05-15 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4681617)
I have done almost single 1 of RGs ....RG as the scale implies, is meant to be realistic marking details

though not anime accurate , at least the realistic details & design makes it rather different than normal HG or even MG

I will still do RG even though with its common flaws but the details that's makes the kit shine

That its selling point and now it will be incorporated to MGs X_X

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-15 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4681427)
Who knows? Maybe it will actually look better like that in 1/100 scale. The RGs look a little too cluttered with details because they are so small. Especially if you apply all the stickers and markings!

Yeah. Now that you mentioned it, I always feel that RG Skygrasper looks more like a race-car with sponsor-stickers slapped all over it instead of an actual fighter jet. I mean, just look at US Navyís jets. They donít have as many warning signs all over them like RG Skygrasper :heh:.

Appel 2013-05-15 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4681627)
Yeah. Now that you mentioned it, I always feel that RG Skygrasper looks more like a race-car with sponsor-stickers slapped all over it instead of an actual fighter jet. I mean, just look at US Navyís jets. They donít have as many warning signs all over them like RG Skygrasper :heh:.

They did go a little overboard there, yes. Some of the markings on the Skygrasper are also rather large, since the plane is rather small that makes it look rather overloaded as well.
On a 1/100 scale kit it would be much easier for them to design the decals, I'm almost certain they would look good on a MG kit.

Again, in my opinion the RG line has too many details for such a small kit if you add all the markings and panel lining. And I am pretty sure that is the reason why many people don't really like that design. It just looks overloaded. Blow it up to 1/100 scale and it might just work out.
Nu Ver.Ka is pretty much a 1/100 RG already and that kit got a TON of praise. If they do it like that and just add the sliding armor I am pretty sure those 3.0 MGs are gonna be awesome.

Appel 2013-05-15 17:13

So I just finished my Jesta.
There are a couple of bad things I noticed about this kit... First of all, it's pretty flimsy. Not "falling apart" flimsy, it just feels lose. The connection of the shield to the backpack does get lose though. It was tight the first time but now it gets knocked off rather easily. This is one of those cases where I really miss ABS...
The kit also has a TON of really terrible nub marks! Some of the gates are freaking huge for no good reason!
The hands suck as well. Just as much as they sucked on the Nu Ver.Ka. My kit also has two very lose fingers that keep falling off.
It's a solid kit but definitely not special in any way. The ReZEL impressed me more for example, to compare it to a different grunt unit.

Oh also, has anyone pointed out yet how obvious it is that we are gonna get a Jesta Canon?^^ All the hardpoints are there already. Even the frontskirts have holes that you can hide where the additional armor for the Jesta Canon is gonna go.

suiton629 2013-05-15 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4682159)
So I just finished my Jesta.
There are a couple of bad things I noticed about this kit... First of all, it's pretty flimsy. Not "falling apart" flimsy, it just feels lose. The connection of the shield to the backpack does get lose though. It was tight the first time but now it gets knocked off rather easily. This is one of those cases where I really miss ABS...
The kit also has a TON of really terrible nub marks! Some of the gates are freaking huge for no good reason!
The hands suck as well. Just as much as they sucked on the Nu Ver.Ka. My kit also has two very lose fingers that keep falling off.
It's a solid kit but definitely not special in any way. The ReZEL impressed me more for example, to compare it to a different grunt unit.

Oh also, has anyone pointed out yet how obvious it is that we are gonna get a Jesta Canon?^^ All the hardpoints are there already. Even the frontskirts have holes that you can hide where the additional armor for the Jesta Canon is gonna go.

I think people have already mentioned that the hard points being there on the MG Jesta..

However, people have wondered if Bandai will troll us and just do an online exclusive release for the Jesta Cannon upgrade pack or just the entire kit itself.

It wouldn't be surprising with how Bandai doing so many online exclusives lately, and retailers love it since they can charge more, and the fans will buy it regardless.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.