AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Injustice, Gods Among Us (DC comics fighting game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112573)

Evil Rick 2012-05-31 11:58

Injustice, Gods Among Us (DC comics fighting game)

After the hit of Mortal KOmbat 9 the developers said they were taking a break from the MK saga... however not from fighting games at all.

Injustice, Gods Among Us is a fighting game based on the DC universe comics developed by Netherreal Studios, the ones behind Mortal Kombat, Arkaham City Lockdown and also supported Rocksteady in Batman: Arkaham City

Acording to Ed Boon the game is going to have a biggers roster than the previous MK so it's presumed to have around 30 characters.

Confirmed so far are: Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy and the Goddamn Batman who now kicks bad guys trough buildings. XD

Plataforms are XBOX 360, Play Station 3 and Nintendo Wii U

Release date yet to be confirmed.

Sumeragi 2012-05-31 12:22

Wow, a new turn on a cliche.

However, I have to say I hate the TDK-style Batsuit.

GDB 2012-05-31 12:28

There's obvious reasons why they'd include Batman and the like, but I'd have preferred they kept it to super-powered only. The idea of Batman kicking Grundy through a ceiling, through another ceiling, through a wall, and then through another wall half-way across town on a single kick is just ridiculous.

That said, if Nightwing and Captain Marvel are in this, I may have to stronger consider it... once it inevitably goes down in price to like $20.

Destined_Fate 2012-05-31 15:43

Looks... Kinda blah. Though I will get it if Tim Drake is in it but I doubt they would ever think of includeing him.

TnAdct1 2012-05-31 17:06

Given the trailer, I think it's safe to assume that Lex Luthor and Captain Cold will also be playable characters.

Evil Rick 2012-06-03 02:50

Joker confirmed?

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6...inustice05.jpg

Maybe...

Sumeragi 2012-06-03 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4185610)
There's obvious reasons why they'd include Batman and the like, but I'd have preferred they kept it to super-powered only. The idea of Batman kicking Grundy through a ceiling, through another ceiling, through a wall, and then through another wall half-way across town on a single kick is just ridiculous.

Looking at the official homepage, I think I can see how that is possible. The suit seems much bulkier than usual, similar to Owlman's exoskeleton in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. In this particular universe, it could be that Batman himself added an exoskeleton to his arsenal.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2012-06-04 23:00

I am hyped for this game. So many great DC characters and arenas they can put in. I really hope Gorilla Grodd will be one of the villains included. He's essentially the "Lex Luthor" or "Joker" of Flash's rogue's gallery.

Firefly00 2012-06-04 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Rick (Post 4189841)
Joker confirmed?

-image redacted-

Maybe...

Though I would not be quick to dismiss the idea of that being a red herring (read: background-only cameo). Who says dev teams can't have a sense of humor?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4190026)
Looking at the official homepage, I think I can see how that is possible. The suit seems much bulkier than usual, similar to Owlman's exoskeleton in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. In this particular universe, it could be that Batman himself added an exoskeleton to his arsenal.

Quite reasonable. On this note, Owlman and the other 'mirror' characters from that arc would be good additions at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 4192995)
I am hyped for this game. So many great DC characters and arenas they can put in. I really hope Gorilla Grodd will be one of the villains included. He's essentially the "Lex Luthor" or "Joker" of Flash's rogue's gallery.

From what I recall of the simian, the comparison would be more 'Lex Luthor' than 'Joker'; the point stands on its own merit, however.

Evil Rick 2012-06-05 14:36

Gameplay footage & Ed Boon's interview.

Loving Harley Quinn.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2012-06-05 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly00 (Post 4193007)
From what I recall of the simian, the comparison would be more 'Lex Luthor' than 'Joker'; the point stands on its own merit, however.

Yes, Grodd is more like Luthor in that he's a powerful, mad, genius that devises many problematic schemes. But I also mentioned Joker because he's an iconic recurring threat in Batman's rogue's gallery, just like Luthor in Superman's rogue's gallery, and thus Grodd being compared to them in that same vein in Flash's rogue's gallery.

Martian Manhunter is another character I really want in.

Destined_Fate 2012-06-05 16:40

Surprised they let Wonder Woman keep her pants.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-06-05 18:39

Anyone know if the cast from JL and JLU will return to do their roles?

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2012-07-14 13:26

Update Time

Nightwing and Cyborg have been confirmed in this newest trailer from Comic Con:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_tl475pCZk

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2012-07-19 15:27

New gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLaNzHj0VDY

We see more environment interaction, Cyborg vs. Nightwing, Superman vs. Batman, and all of their respective super finishes.

Destined_Fate 2012-07-19 16:51

Nightwing, joy.... Would rather have Tim Drake - Red Robin. Insult to injury giving Nightwing a staff when that's Tim's weapon of choice. Though this isn't the first time they've taken something of Tim's and given it to Dick.

hyl 2012-07-19 18:46

Meh, maybe they decided to give him a staff based on the fact that the young justice cartoon gave Dick a bo staff as well.

GDB 2012-07-19 19:07

He had one in Teen Titans cartoon too, even in the future episode where he's Nightwing.

Destined_Fate 2012-07-20 00:33

Which were Tim things. As I said they love taking great things from Tim and giving them to Dick.

SOGESNAKE 2012-07-20 00:46

I've always loved fighting games where hitting your opponent into certain parts of the environment, you'd be taken into a new part of the stage. That's mostly why I had gotten into Dead or Alive at one point, but it's good to see it being used in a MK style fighting game~

.... though, I have a feeling Superman might be the new "Scorpion" of online~ :heh: