AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=149141)

AnimeFan188 2017-08-18 00:56

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan Kenobi Star Wars movies are in
early stage development:

"As flawed as the Star Wars prequel trilogy were, one of the main bright areas was Ewan
McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobi. Now an Ewan McGregor Obi Wan Kenobi Star Wars spinoff
movie is moving ahead. It will likely be a trilogy of movies. They would likely be set
between the prequels and a New Hope."

"Lucasfilm is also considering movies centering on Yoda and bounty hunter Boba Fett,
among other characters."

See:

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/0...velopment.html

Ithekro 2019-08-24 22:14

"Hello there."

Confirmation today at D23, there will be a Kenobi steaming series set 8 years after Revenge of the Sith.

https://www.starwars.com/news/d23-ex...isney-showcase

Ithekro 2022-03-09 17:21

Trailer for Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi. Streaming May 25th, 2022.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Thank you, John Williams, for returning for this series.

JagdPanther 2022-03-10 20:20

Ugh. They're using the Inquisitors concept...

MeoTwister5 2022-03-10 20:42

I personally like the concept of the Inquisitorius. What I don't lile is how they're canonically a bunch of chumps.

Ithekro 2022-03-31 14:26

Premier date shifted to May the 27th but will be the first two episodes.

MeoTwister5 2022-05-27 05:35

First 2 episodes dropped today. I absolutely loved it. Ewan McGregor transitioning to an old, jaded and near hopeless version of Kenobi was phenomenal.

Kanon 2022-05-27 17:09

I was surprised Obi-wan had gotten this rusty after 10 years. He was almost beaten by two chumps and it took him tremendous effort to lift a ten year old girl. He's got some training to do.

I'm only familiar with the Inquisitors through Jedi Fallen Order. Do we know if that game is supposed to be canon?

MeoTwister5 2022-05-27 17:45

Fallen Order is canon.

stray 2022-05-27 17:57

Inquisitors were introduced in Rebels I think.

Kanon 2022-05-28 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 6512743)
Fallen Order is canon.

And the sequel was revealed today. The Grand Inquisitor's design is a bit different from the one in Obi-Wan. And it's going to be hard to see that guy as a threat given how easily he was taken out, even if it was by surprise.

It'd be nice to see some cross-overs between the series and the game, since they take place around the same time period.

stray 2022-05-29 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6512859)
And the sequel was revealed today. The Grand Inquisitor's design is a bit different from the one in Obi-Wan. And it's going to be hard to see that guy as a threat given how easily he was taken out, even if it was by surprise.

That's probably a fake out considering he was introduced in Rebels 5 years or so years in the future. There's going to be some interesting retcons if not...
Quote:

It'd be nice to see some cross-overs between the series and the game, since they take place around the same time period.
I'm not sure what to expect as far as game canon but there might be easter eggs. Sadly all the previous games are non canon.

I really like what we've seen so far the first couple of episodes. Not sure if young Leia is going to be as popular as Grogu (or Anya) but so far I like the direction they're going.

White Manju Bun 2022-05-29 19:41

I loved the first two episodes! Seeing Obi-Wan's daily life stay basically the same for the 10 years he's been there was just heartbreaking. He feels so guilty and just wants to keep Luke safe. Also the hinting at Qui-Gon, please Star Wars give me force ghost Qui-Gon I've waited 20+ years!!!

Excited to see where this goes from here.

MeoTwister5 2022-06-02 05:20

Episode 3 is one shocking episode, particularly considering that Disney+ apparently had no qualms at this level of... cruelty on screen.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Ithekro 2022-06-02 11:19

A reminder to the audience of just how twisted and evil Darth Vader is. A possibly why Obi-wan had that opinion, yet in the OT films, we never really saw Vader at this level. Well, at least when it wasn't against a clear Rebel soldier.

Kanon 2022-06-02 18:17

I wasn't too surprised or shocked, but it's true we never saw him being that evil before, mainly because he never had any interaction with the populace.

MeoTwister5 2022-06-03 01:58

Well after seeing what Vader did to those people in the village I think it should be pretty obvious why people empty their bowels and bladders in absolute terror at the sight of him. For how cruel the Inquisitors can be, you can still see them flinching at what Vader was doing.

Ithekro 2022-06-03 03:49

That Leia not only stands up to him, but also can block his interrogation nine years later is triply impressive given she pretty much knows what he can do.

Magin 2022-06-04 21:41

So reading the spoilers here... genuine question:

How is this going to end up being any different than Rogue One? One of the central themes of Star Wars is that there's always "hope", but considering the events of Rogue One and ANH... is this series just going to be about Obi-Wan watching as the Empire takes over the galaxy? If so... boy, talk about a blatant cash-grab.

MeoTwister5 2022-06-04 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magin (Post 6513491)
So reading the spoilers here... genuine question:

How is this going to end up being any different than Rogue One? One of the central themes of Star Wars is that there's always "hope", but considering the events of Rogue One and ANH... is this series just going to be about Obi-Wan watching as the Empire takes over the galaxy? If so... boy, talk about a blatant cash-grab.

Well the biggest thing people are expecting is seeing how he transforms from a hopeless and downtrodden former Jedi to the hopeful old master that finally defeats Maul in 3 strikes, and the master to Luke who willingly surrenders his life to the Force, all in the next 10 years.

This is Obi-Wan's story and not exactly "Star Wars" as a whole. This will apparently attempt to bridge that. Ovi-Wan eventually and doesn't exactly watch as the Empire grows in power, because at some point he will eventually realize that only Luke can stop the Empire, and his purpose is to guide him, because it's not within his ability to face the Empire right now.

And of course to put into context why everyone's terrified of Vader, because much of his notoriety had always been off screen. Rogue One was probably the first to really show what Vader could do, discounting the comics and novels.