AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Railgun [M/LN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun archived manga discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68018)

ReddyRedWolf 2008-10-21 11:55

Never been much on girl on girl love (yuri) but I find it amusing Kuroko is treating Mikoto's chasing "the guy" with suspicion like a suspicious wife.

serenade_beta 2008-10-24 17:34

Chapter 17...

Wai~, no more fighting, more peaceful(?) daily life, Yuri, and Kuroko. And of course, Mikoto-chin. :)
This manga really is great, after all~~~

Spoiler for a few pics:

KaneDragon 2008-10-24 17:46

Arg, and here we are still waiting for scanlations for chapter 6+. *shakes fist*

darkninjavn 2008-10-29 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2003097)
What I don't get is why she doesn't just use her railgun? Sure, he can cancel powers, but he can't cancel velocity, can he?

Magin 2008-10-29 21:42

I'm definitely going to have to find the RAWs for both this and Index

and yes, it has been shown before that the instant Touma cancels her railgun, the speed vanishes as well, leaving him rather unharmed

Anh_Minh 2008-10-30 03:19

Darn. Then how about shooting him in the legs? Or two places at once? How does he even have the reaction time to stop a high velocity projectile?

Burner of Anime 2008-10-30 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2023335)
Darn. Then how about shooting him in the legs? Or two places at once? How does he even have the reaction time to stop a high velocity projectile?

The way I figured, his power/hand instinctively acts to save his life. Also means he will probably fall face first and crash into a light pole in the process :uhoh:. He will live but be in a shipload of hurt :heh:

ReddyRedWolf 2008-10-30 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner of Anime (Post 2023380)
The way I figured, his power/hand instinctively acts to save his life. Also means he will probably fall face first and crash into a light pole in the process :uhoh:. He will live but be in a shipload of hurt :heh:

There must be balance in the universe. For him to have Curse with the power of Awesome he must be Blessed with the power of Suck.

For him to have that much HP there should something in return.

Hmmm... Sounds like Full Metal Alchemist.:heh:

Chaos2Frozen 2008-10-30 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2023335)

You're really trying too hard you know :heh:

Anh_Minh 2008-10-30 05:35

No, Mikoto isn't trying hard enough. We get it, his damn right hand cancels special powers. It's not that big of a help.

Burner of Anime 2008-10-30 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2023451)
No, Mikoto isn't trying hard enough. We get it, his damn right hand cancels special powers. It's not that big of a help.

No, the girl is trying too damned hard :heh: She really isn't trying to kill him, just show that she's better in every respect. The moment she quits proving herself by shocking the bloke into submission and be straight that she has the hots for him is when the drama ends. However, to Touma's everlasting misfortune [or Ms. Fortune since she is so lucky :rolleyes:] that Will.E Coyote/Road Runner chase isn't about to end in the near future.

Of course, that will only make him run faster to the hills :twitch:

Anh_Minh 2008-10-30 05:48

That's why I say to aim for the legs! See him run with a broken tibia!

Burner of Anime 2008-10-30 05:52

If she does that, he's probably going to trip over a crack in the pavement, tumble into bramble and end up headfirst in a trashpile- and still catch a hyper-velocity slug with his right hand.

Stuff like that just keeps happening. >_<

Chaos2Frozen 2008-10-30 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2023451)

No you are taking it too seriously -_- Give it a rest will ya?

Look, I'll be the first one to admit that Touma's power is severely limited... I mean, why think so big? Just create a puddle on the ground, get him to stand on it and shock him -_-

Von Himmel 2008-10-30 06:29

Quote:

Look, I'll be the first one to admit that Touma's power is severely limited... I mean, why think so big? Just create a puddle on the ground, get him to stand on it and shock him -_-
. . .
That would work 0.o;
But then Touma will accidentally wears rubber boots. . lol

MrTerrorist 2008-10-30 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyvedelta (Post 2023502)
. . .
That would work 0.o;
But then Touma will accidentally wears rubber boots. . lol

And that puddle unfortunately isn't water. :D

Anh_Minh 2008-10-30 08:02

He'd touch the puddle with his hand.

Magin 2008-10-30 10:00

... keep in mind that the biggest reason why she hasn't injured him seriously yet is due to this thing called Plot Device

besides, it would take all the fun out of the situation if she really hurt him. I'm willing to bet she'd long be satisfied if back with their battle on the beach she'd shocked him through his left hand instead of his right

Chaos2Frozen 2008-10-30 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2023593)
He'd touch the puddle with his hand.

Yeah, like your railgun idea was untouchable... :p

Seriously man, if this start to turn into an obsession you're gonna end up like Mikoto chasing the poor guy all over the city :heh:

Anh_Minh 2008-10-30 11:23

I'm not any more obsessed than the people answering me.