AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Macross (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Macross - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64700)

Tak 2012-09-08 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozuma-Rii (Post 4341722)
paint it red, three times the original speed!

This is your captain, Char speaking...

- Tak

Ozuma-Rii 2012-09-08 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4341741)
This is your captain, Char speaking...

- Tak

I see you picked up my reference there... ;D
"Skull 4 calling Macross Fraction. What the hell happened to my Valkyrie's paint scheme?"
"This is your captain speaking. Red has been scientifically proven, through numerous tests, that it is the superior colour in terms of mobility. I strongly advise you keep the paint scheme...." (off-topic)

LoveMeKags 2012-09-08 16:06

First, Macross has never used nukes. The translators for episode 14 screwed up and said nukes. Now I could see bombs but nukes? Never.

Second, the specifics for the islands have always been left out. If you view the whole ship from above, like in episode 1, you can probably piece together what islands do what by the scenery. In my opinion, Macross is all about the things you don't learn.

For me, in my fanfic, I didn't focus too much on those missing specifics because no matter how much research I do, I won't find any specifics for the other islands. So I inserted purposes to the islands based on their view from above in the episodes aired. For instance, I made Island 6 a resort island, for it has beautiful green grass and is covered with buildings, making it appear to be where people would take vacations. Island 12 is the island for celebrities, where Sheryl is currently living in later chapters. The other islands are undecided yet, as I am still taking in their scenery and attaching a purpose to them. But various islands are just for adding supplies back into the ship just like the earth does for us. I know of one military base besides Island 3, and its just under Island 5 (shown in episode 17). Island 1 is the mainland, the home.

As far as I know in the discussion of islands, Island 1 being split with part of Shanghai was mentioned in the movie, Tak.

Yu Ominae 2012-09-08 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4341681)
Sheryl has a lot of real estate, thats pretty much all I can say... :D We've never been given specifics of her finances. But seeing how she is rich enough to hire out an entire carrier task force...

- Tak

LOL Yeah. I saw that in the first movie too.

Thanks for the assist though.

Yot-chan 2012-09-14 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4339007)
Religion Island: ヘブン (Heaven from Macross 7: Trash). This ship is shaped like a cross.

- Tak

Er... It's a cemetery, not a "religion island."

Tak 2012-09-14 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 4351630)
Er... It's a cemetery, not a "religion island."

Remember, I am excused of all mistakes by default treating anything 7-related :p

But goes back reading Trash... well shit...

That makes a lot of difference, doesn't it? :heh:

LOL, forgive me, memory fades.

- Tak

Yu Ominae 2014-12-03 20:48

Need to ask regarding the Macross 30th anniversary game on the specifics of the incident that led to eventual hostilities between Leon and Rod.

Mad Pierrot 2016-01-15 16:24

I've just finished marathoning Macross Frontier. Do the movies add something? Feels like somethings did not conclude

Tak 2016-01-15 16:27

There are 2 movies, the second movie Wings of Goodbye is considered as the conclusion.

- Tak

Mad Pierrot 2016-01-15 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5755822)
There are 2 movies, the second movie Wings of Goodbye is considered as the conclusion.

- Tak

Thanks, I'll check it

willyvereb 2016-07-13 06:08

Hey, anyone remembers the name of the fighter Gramia piloted during the flashback videos?
Anyone has some info snippet on it, BTW?
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

ReddyRedWolf 2016-07-13 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyvereb (Post 5896900)
Hey, anyone remembers the name of the fighter Gramia piloted during the flashback videos?
Anyone has some info snippet on it, BTW?
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Sv-154, inspired by the F-104, it was Windermere's mainstay variable fighter seen from 2058 to 2060 in both Keith manga prequel side story and in Macross Delta.

charles883 2017-12-23 05:09

Do you think decentralization of NUNS cause more problem or create whole new problem in NUNS?

magnuskn 2017-12-23 07:26

Oh, hey, Mr. "NUNS are literally Hitler" is back. :p

charles883 2017-12-23 19:41

I'm not saying that okay. I ask this question because after decentralization, whole lot of rogue faction appear such as Macross Galaxy faction, Havamal and NUNS faction who use illegal WMD on Windermere and cover up.

To me by decentralization, cause whole new set of problem. I wondering how fromtier to Delta timeline would be like if NUNS remained centralized government?