AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) R.O.D. TV [Spoilers] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98)

FinFangFoom 2003-11-03 23:59

R.O.D. TV [Spoilers]

Im wondering if anyone knows where I could find an episode guide with summary's of each episode. Im on episode 7 but Im thinking ive missed something because episode 6 ended with..........

Sorry, never needed to use spoiler tags much before and the FAQ post at the top of each page is gone so

********* Minor Spoilers *************

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Does anyone know what episode I watched and how many I missed? I'm assuming maybe because the episodes I have are from two different groups that maybe one is numbered wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :p

brightman 2003-11-04 00:14

Nope, you didn't miss anything. This series does tend to jump around a lot, and they never did revealed what Anita thought of the book.

FinFangFoom 2003-11-04 00:24

Man, I dont know if that's good because I didn't miss anything or sucks really bad because I hated the episode(since the whole time im nervous that im screwing up the experiance by watching it out of order). Does anyone read the Manga? I wonder if later on there will be an explanation that puts it all together.

Anyways, thanks brightman!! Now I can watch episode 8 in peace. :)

Go-lytely 2003-11-04 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
Man, I dont know if that's good because I didn't miss anything or sucks really bad because I hated the episode(since the whole time im nervous that im screwing up the experiance by watching it out of order). Does anyone read the Manga? I wonder if later on there will be an explanation that puts it all together.

Anyways, thanks brightman!! Now I can watch episode 8 in peace. :)

The show was pretty episodic up to that point. The vampire castle episode and the strange town full of actors were just filler. Part of the girl's part time job to earn money.

We didnt have to know what Anita's opinion of the book because I'm sure she did a favorable review. Nenene was just happy that Anita took the time to read it.

FinFangFoom 2003-11-04 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go-lytely
The show was pretty episodic up to that point. The vampire castle episode and the strange town full of actors were just filler. Part of the girl's part time job to earn money.

We didnt have to know what Anita's opinion of the book because I'm sure she did a favorable review. Nenene was just happy that Anita took the time to read it.

That makes sense that it was just filler, it was just really weird the way it threw you into the situation without any background. At least the vampire castle showed you how they got there.

Your probably right that we didn't have to know, it was just the fact that Nenene was there to hear her give the report I was expecting some humor since I figured Anita might not want to admit that she liked it in front of her and might change her report on the spot, and maybe there would be a hint of if the book might have changed her views about reading (although I'm sure it will probably be a very gradual process).

Rebochan 2003-11-04 01:31

Here's a question from me, and it probably is a spoiler for R.O.D anyway. Does the end of the R.O.D. manga lead into Read or Dream (aka R.O.D. TV), and does it explain what happened to Yomiko?

Or...

******SPOILERS******

Is my theory on the mark that she's with Nancy's "sister" now? Or are we not supposed to know at all? I heard that Nenene used to be Yomiko's roomate, and since I only got to see it once (at a convention and using the R1 DVD), I can't really got back and check. That idea makes it sound like Yomiko's whereabouts are supposed to be known by the viewer.

They're driving me crazy...so much mystery *wiggles fingers*

kazuma 2003-11-08 10:33

what's up with ep 9 ? nudity, blood, death .... :eek:

FinFangFoom 2003-11-08 12:34

nudity?!! BOOYA!!

Just got it last night, can't wait until I get home so I can watch it!!!!

Go-lytely 2003-11-08 12:55

Yeah, it was one of the more intense episodes. The nudity was pretty gratuitous but we got to see Drake and saw that Junior has Ms Deep's powers. I always kind of felt that the Dokusensha was up to no good.

Wandering A.I. 2003-11-08 13:17

>what's up with ep 9 ? nudity, blood, death ....

Yeah, wasn't it great? ^^ Much better than the actors mission...

bayoab 2003-11-08 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
Does anyone read the Manga? I wonder if later on there will be an explanation that puts it all together.

So far from what I can tell, the manga and the anime have almost nothing to do with eachother (Apart from the characters). The anime jumps around alot. It seems they are now alternating between missions and an actual plot. The manga is basically a bunch of mission stories (at least the first volume). Also, I believe Read or Die, Read or Dream, and R.O.D T.V are basically in no way connected beside the characters (or maybe R.o.D tv is trying to connect the two mangas). I havent read the Read or die manga so i cant back it up.

Wandering A.I. 2003-11-09 13:34

>That idea makes it sound like Yomiko's whereabouts are supposed to be known by the viewer.

The only thing that really sticks out to me, having watched the OVA before, is that Junior is working for the same people Yomiko did. The secretary he keeps reporting to is Joker's assistant, Wendy. Same character name in the credits even if she isn't as ditzy now ^^.

So since the China agency looks to be becoming the bad guys maybe the three sisters will go work for the British and meet Yomiko that way.

suires 2003-11-10 20:16

I have read the first 3 books of the manga of ROD, the only thing I notice is the Wong-san has the same last name as the bad guy in the manga and they both work for Dokusensha. Seems to me that Joker is up to something. He seems to work for Dokusensha now (refer to episode 7) but still order Junior to steal the "KEY" from Dokusensha and British Library.

I don't think Drake knows where Yomiko is either. When he talked to Alice in the cafe place near the ancient grave, he kind of wants to know where Yomiko is or he is looking for her.

3. (Spoiler) My doubts, don't really know if i need the spoiler tag but.... might as well use it...
Spoiler:

4. (Spoiler) Just some of my thoughts...
Spoiler:

NoSanninWa 2003-11-11 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by suires
3. (Spoiler) My doubts, don't really know if i need the spoiler tag but.... might as well use it...
Spoiler:

Heh. I can actually answer this one.
Spoiler:

Quote:

4. Just some of my thoughts...
I think something happened 4 years ago that made British Library burned to ground has something to do with Yomiko's missing and Anita's unpleasant memory that makes her fear of books. However, we will have to keep watch the series to find out.
You misremember (or I do), but I believe they said that they Library of Congress burned to the ground. (Can you confirm that I misread it? I don't remember which episode it was said in.) That happened in the OVA and had nothing to do with Anita, but it might have to do with events that resulted in Yomiko's disappearance. Lord knows, after the OVA, I can understand if she wanted to vanish. I thought that this line was important (if it was the Library of Congress) because it places the time of the TV series at 4 years after the OVAs.

suires 2003-11-11 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Heh. I can actually answer this one.
Spoiler:

You misremember (or I do), but I believe they said that they Library of Congress burned to the ground. (Can you confirm that I misread it? I don't remember which episode it was said in.) That happened in the OVA and had nothing to do with Anita, but it might have to do with events that resulted in Yomiko's disappearance. Lord knows, after the OVA, I can understand if she wanted to vanish. I thought that this line was important (if it was the Library of Congress) because it places the time of the TV series at 4 years after the OVAs.

I was talking about the TV series (in episode 5) not the OVA series. When Kim-san said something about the mysterious fire happened 4 years ago that burned the British Library into ground.

Spoiler:

I think the TV series sets around 5 year after the OVA series not 4 years because of the Yomiko's age in OVA was 25 but now 30 in the TV. I might be wrong though. also it is not that critical so the producer might not care about that....

scryed_2003 2003-11-20 08:33

Read Or Die (tv)

When a mission is completed by the Paper manipulators (3 sisters) they get something like a toilet roll as a reward. What is it?

Go-lytely 2003-11-20 12:50

ep 11

A tear-jerker of an episode with one hell of a cliff hanger. I love this show!!

hunterx 2003-11-20 13:43

so.. are they gay or what? I really like ROD TV, some of the episodes are really good and others are just blah. The fillers are annoying, it's like they went to japan and then had nothing to do. Eps 1 was awesome btw.

NoSanninWa 2003-11-20 16:54

Obviously they have to collect 100 rolls to level up. ;)

Seriously, you should learn to http://forums.animesuki.com/images/b...top_search.gif, and try asking your question in R.O.D TV episode question.

Go-lytely 2003-11-21 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterx
so.. are they gay or what? I really like ROD TV, some of the episodes are really good and others are just blah. The fillers are annoying, it's like they went to japan and then had nothing to do. Eps 1 was awesome btw.

Who's gay? Ep 12 was good too. It looks like the filler eps have ended since I havent seen one in awhile.