AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Civilization VI (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=143044)

LoweGear 2016-05-11 11:18

Civilization VI

:eek:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Steam Page

Quote:

Originally Posted by Official Announcement
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, set to launch on PC on October 21, 2016, offers new ways to interact with your world, expand your empire across the map, advance your culture and compete against history’s greatest leaders to build a civilization that will truly stand the test of time. Your story begins later this year!

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI includes:
•EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.

•ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.

•DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.

•COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.

•ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.

•A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems are designed to introduce new players to the underlying concepts of Civilization so they can easily get started on a path to victory.
Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn, and be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.

Goodbye sleep and social life, we hardly knew ye. :eyespin:

Strigon 13 2016-05-11 11:32

Another Civ, eh?

I just hope they don't screw it up, after the big dissapointment that's Civ BE.

Hooves 2016-05-11 14:57

Ghandi probably threatened to nuke Firaxis if he didn't get a spotlight in the announcement trailer.

Sheba 2016-05-11 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5850288)
Another Civ, eh?

I just hope they don't screw it up, after the big dissapointment that's Civ BE.

Civ BE just couldn't live up to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

MrTerrorist 2016-05-11 22:21

Sean Bean is that you?

erneiz_hyde 2016-05-11 22:30

Stellaris fever hasn't cooled yet, and THIS comes up. Wow, what a year.

VDZ 2016-05-13 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 5850376)
Civ BE just couldn't live up to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Or Civilization V.

Last Sinner 2016-05-13 03:54

So what exactly is that different from Civ 5 in Civ 6? I still see no reason to buy it.

And given how Civ 5 panned out, I'm waiting for the inevitable pricey expansions to come through before I'd get into Civ 6 anyway. I certainly waited for that expansions-included Civ 5 to drop to 20 dollars before I moved in.

Jan-Poo 2016-05-13 07:20

The announced changes look promising, they are certainly all things that I think would make the game better. Can I really trust that we'll have a better diplomacy this time? That was the weakest point of Civ V in my opinion, followed by a very poor AI in combat situations (and we got no mention of any improvements on that side).

The new graphic is leaving a lot of people disappointed (me included), they seem to have taken a cartoony direction instead of a more realistic one, I hope the final product will have at least less saturation, but still, given what has been leaked so far I doubt the graphic jump will be as big as it was in the case of civ IV to civ V.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDZ (Post 5851235)
Or Civilization V.

Civ BE is a total mess with several completely unbalanced stuff, and the expansion just make it worse. Civ V, especially after the two expansions, at least is balanced and playable.

I seriously hope that Firaxis will spend more in beta-testing this time, because Civ BE was ridden with absolutely retarded bugs that made entire game contents inaccessible.

Mr Hat and Clogs 2016-05-13 07:35

I don't see the problem with the graphics tbh. The models look the same as always its just that the colours used are quite bright, but it makes things easily recognisable. I much prefer it over the muddy mess that was BEs colouring.

Jan-Poo 2016-05-13 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs (Post 5851395)
The models look the same as always

That is already a problem when you consider that Civ V was released 6 years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs (Post 5851395)
its just that the colours used are quite bright, but it makes things easily recognisable. I much prefer it over the muddy mess that was BEs colouring.

It is true that that Civ V graphic was murky and that it was hard to discern some stuff on the map, but it's not just colors, the whole textures and filters make this Civ VI look more like Civ Revolution than Civ V, and the cartoon effect is really a turn off for me.

Mr Hat and Clogs 2016-05-13 09:01

TBH, Im not sure I will get it on launch, I still have a lot of fun with Civ 5 and its expansions... and having to wait for Civ 6 to get to that stage will be painful as it excuses them for so much.

Strigon 13 2016-05-13 13:12

People always complain about the graphics, though most people (me included) don't care about graphics and just focus in gameplay.

One of the things I expect is a complete overhaul of diplomacy and espionage, specially the second to feel more like civ 4 espionage (and maybe a bit of civ BE espionage). Speaking of BE, there's one thing I want from there, and that's the quests system. And also the random event system from civ 4 could be a nice adition.

Mr Hat and Clogs 2016-05-13 18:03

They will probably lift a lot of the mechanics from BE. TBH, I'm kinda hoping the tech tree/web has more actual choice to it and you don't just end up with everything.

Duo Maxwell 2016-05-14 01:40

With the Community Balance Patch for Civ5, I don't think I would want to get Civ 6 any time soon. That patch package already feel like a whole big expansion to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5851637)
People always complain about the graphics, though most people (me included) don't care about graphics and just focus in gameplay.

Although graphic isn't everything, it's not fair to think graphic doesn't matter. It's the reason I can't stand CivBE. Presentation is always important. I'm glad they choose the more saturated look for Civ 6 since I hate the realistic color which makes everything muddy.

SineMora 2016-05-19 18:01

Hey 2K?!?!?! Where's my Civilization Online?!?!?! (One Steparu played)

VDZ 2016-05-19 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 5851388)
Civ BE is a total mess with several completely unbalanced stuff, and the expansion just make it worse. Civ V, especially after the two expansions, at least is balanced and playable.

What I meant was, it didn't live up to the expectations set by Civ V. Civ BE was supposed to be something between Alpha Centauri and Civ V. Fans of both were disappointed.

DerGilga 2016-05-22 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 5850513)
Stellaris fever hasn't cooled yet, and THIS comes up. Wow, what a year.

http://s17.postimg.org/i0h9damgf/photo.png
What a glorious year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDZ (Post 5855629)
What I meant was, it didn't live up to the expectations set by Civ V. Civ BE was supposed to be something between Alpha Centauri and Civ V. Fans of both were disappointed.

I think one critic point was actually that it was between Alpha Centauri & Civ V and just felt like an bigger mod instead of a real new game. The affinity system was/is far below its potential, lol satelites, and the victories are almost all the same, build key wonder and wait.

erneiz_hyde 2016-05-29 17:51

Several youtubers released a pre-release gameplay footage and their comments.

I'm very interested in the dual "tech" tree, science and culture trees.
Workers now are called builders, and doesn't build roads (those are done automatically by trade units) and function more like a worker boat, limited 4 usage per worker and you'll have to build more, otoh improvements are built instantly. Not sure I like that, but we'll see how it goes when it comes out.

MrTerrorist 2016-06-23 22:40

Sean Bean is your advisor.

Mr Hat and Clogs 2016-06-24 00:04

A roll he can't die at, presumably.

Jinjer 2016-06-24 08:36

started at civ1 and 2, not particularly concerned about realistic graphics (i turn strategic view on when i do civ5 most of the time)

i'm curious about the new "evolving" diplomacy system, i'm hoping it doesn't end up with every country in the world hating my guts because i have more luxuries and wonders than they do (makes me hate having to meet them all unless i plan to invade them, it's kinda depressing)

Jan-Poo 2016-06-24 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjer (Post 5880530)
started at civ1 and 2, not particularly concerned about realistic graphics (i turn strategic view on when i do civ5 most of the time)

i'm curious about the new "evolving" diplomacy system, i'm hoping it doesn't end up with every country in the world hating my guts because i have more luxuries and wonders than they do (makes me hate having to meet them all unless i plan to invade them, it's kinda depressing)

From what I heard it will depend on their own agenda. Like if they try to build a lot of wonders they will hate you if you have more than them and so on.

What I hope is that the whole world won't hate me in the industrial era because of a minor civ I have invaded in the bronze age.

Moreover I really hope defensive pacts will make sense, as in Civ V it was a feature that was just awfully detrimental and retarded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 5862310)
Workers now are called builders, and doesn't build roads (those are done automatically by trade units) and function more like a worker boat, limited 4 usage per worker and you'll have to build more, otoh improvements are built instantly. Not sure I like that, but we'll see how it goes when it comes out.

From one side this change saddens me, but from another I recognize that workers became a chore to handle in the end game when you had 10+ cities. I'm curious to see how it will end up being.

Jinjer 2016-06-27 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 5880748)
From what I heard it will depend on their own agenda. Like if they try to build a lot of wonders they will hate you if you have more than them and so on.

What I hope is that the whole world won't hate me in the industrial era because of a minor civ I have invaded in the bronze age.

Moreover I really hope defensive pacts will make sense, as in Civ V it was a feature that was just awfully detrimental and retarded.

oh wow i forgot about their centuries-long grudges! clear out the land because of a badly placed city during ancient times and the entire known world will hate your guts well into the space age...

MrTerrorist 2016-07-01 08:06

I wonder if it was a coincidence this was released after Brexit.

erneiz_hyde 2016-07-01 08:31

Oh, from the way it functions, it seems each district is limited to one per city, because wouldn't it be OP if you can build multiple academies with multiple libraries/univs per city? Maybe the number of allowed districts would be limited with population too. I can see a Tall vs Wide optimization there.

Hooves 2016-07-01 08:59

I will say the combat looks amazing.

Hooves 2016-07-14 15:33

Check out previous Civ 6 videos down below.

Edit: Speaking of the new art in Civ 6

Jinjer 2016-07-19 08:42

seems to me you can "chain" districts together to produce some kind of group bonus sorta deal

Hooves 2016-07-19 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjer (Post 5901654)
seems to me you can "chain" districts together to produce some kind of group bonus sorta deal

This will take a while to get used to.

Also China OP

MrTerrorist 2016-07-21 09:09

And now the Aztecs.

Jinjer 2016-07-22 07:38

i'm not sure what to say about that whole "available immediately if you pre-order or else you wait for 3 months" dealie

LoweGear 2016-07-22 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjer (Post 5903926)
i'm not sure what to say about that whole "available immediately if you pre-order or else you wait for 3 months" dealie

No different to most other preorder bonuses of that nature made by Firaxis really: for instance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack was a pre-order bonus initially, but was then made a DLC anyone can buy months down the road.

Hooves 2016-07-26 21:32

Jinjer 2016-07-30 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5904194)
No different to most other preorder bonuses of that nature made by Firaxis really: for instance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack was a pre-order bonus initially, but was then made a DLC anyone can buy months down the road.

i guess that's just me not having experienced buying games right on launch before...

felix 2016-07-30 13:30

The only preorder bonuses that I ever heard to be "only for preorders EVER" are the ones for the new worms w.m.d. game. Which are justified (by the devs) as being due to the bonuses being cameos from other games and the deals only extending to preorders. (Incidentally I hate all of the cameos there so don't care)

Jan-Poo 2016-07-31 23:02

Meanwhile people are going crazy over a picture that can be seen from afar from the officially released video about the game developing.

The picture in question is what most likely serves as a reference of all the Leaders of the civilizations that are planned for Civ VI.

The single portraits are at such low definition that you barely have a few pixels to get the idea of what they represent, and yet that didn't stop people from identifying almost all of them, helped by the fact that they are apparently put in alphabetical order.

Wild speculations now abound on whoever might that be the person between the leaders of Germany and Greece, and the one between Kongo and Poland.

Jinjer 2016-08-02 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 5911853)
Meanwhile people are going crazy over a picture that can be seen from afar from the officially released video about the game developing.

The picture in question is what most likely serves as a reference of all the Leaders of the civilizations that are planned for Civ VI.

The single portraits are at such low definition that you barely have a few pixels to get the idea of what they represent, and yet that didn't stop people from identifying almost all of them, helped by the fact that they are apparently put in alphabetical order.

Wild speculations now abound on whoever might that be the person between the leaders of Germany and Greece, and the one between Kongo and Poland.

oh wow those people are good!

also i speculate the two unkowns are goreo (ancient korea, because you gotta sell out to koreans these days) and mongolia (because you can't have civ without good ol' genghis khan)

felix 2016-08-02 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjer (Post 5912942)
also i speculate the two unkowns are goreo (ancient korea, because you gotta sell out to koreans these days) and mongolia (because you can't have civ without good ol' genghis khan)

Taejo Wang Geon?

Jan-Poo 2016-08-02 19:04

Meanwhile Pedro II of Brazil was officially announced

So far the leaked picture of the Civ VI leaders has been reliable