AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Doki Doki! Precure (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115779)

Midonin 2012-10-24 16:44

Doki Doki! Precure

Yayoi's era was only mean to last a year. After a recent copyright filing, the title of the of the next season has been confirmed as Doki Doki! Precure.

Current rumors are that it involves twins, the return of the Black and White color scheme, and it will be the tenth year, which means this, too, is all Decade's fau- wait, wrong franchise. European-looking royalty, plastic gadgets, yuri subtext, I'm ready for another year of it. Once we get more concrete info.

Ichuki 2012-10-24 18:17

The way the title sounds I feel like it is probably another cutesy looking precure like Smile.

Patriot's Blade 2012-10-25 02:06

Doki-Doki!?

*listens to Magical Prism Nana's OP* oh noes...... :uhoh:

wavehawk 2012-10-25 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4410853)
which means this, too, is all Decade's fau- wait, wrong franchise. .

- No, no. I'm with you on that one...

LoweGear 2012-10-25 05:45

Well, there is a new Decade movie coming out supposedly. Still waiting for the Precure vs Kamen Rider crossover they wanted.

Patriot's Blade 2012-10-25 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4411637)
Well, there is a new Decade movie coming out supposedly. Still waiting for the Precure vs Kamen Rider crossover they wanted.

anime? live action? :heh: or its CANNOT UNSEE variation..... kigurumi? :uhoh:

wavehawk 2012-10-25 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 4411639)
anime? live action? :heh: or its CANNOT UNSEE variation..... kigurumi? :uhoh:

- Oh, you tempt me...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ok/DCDFT11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ok/DCDFT13.jpg

elior 2012-10-25 06:08

doki doki sound like this season will be romance themed since the doki doki refer strong emotion and romantic heartbeats

Ichuki 2012-10-25 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by elior (Post 4411652)
doki doki sound like this season will be romance themed since the doki doki refer strong emotion and romantic heartbeats

It is used in romance but in general it is used in excitement or nervousness so there's a chance it is not romance themed.

elior 2012-10-25 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichuki (Post 4411873)
It is used in romance but in general it is used in excitement or nervousness so there's a chance it is not romance themed.

you right about excitement but nervous is also feeling that refer to love or romance.

Ichuki 2012-10-25 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by elior (Post 4412091)
you right about excitement but nervous is also feeling that refer to love or romance.

Nervousness does refer to love at times because it depends on the situation for example someone can use doki doki when they are nervous about a test grade or something non romantic related. Anyways I think if the starting cures are a duo they'll be similar to Erika and Tsubomi (Excitable cure and Nervous/Shy cure) to reference doki doki is used when someone is excited or nervous.

Mura 2012-10-25 22:01

My body will be ready once this starts.:cool:

Malintex_Terek 2012-10-27 00:09

I hope it's better than Smile.

Smile is the worst PreCure season thus far, there needs to be a return to character development/quality episode plots and less colourful ADHD.

xizro345 2012-10-27 03:52

I personally think Smile is better than Suite's horrible run. It's dragged down by the repeated story structure. At least it didn't make me groan like Suite's last part and lack of villains.

On the main topic I was quite surprised to see Toei going on with the franchise. I was expecting them to shut it off to avoid competition with the Sailormoon revival, like they did in "ancient times" (approximately 15 years ago, when they purposely halted the Shin Cutey Honey video episodes to bring on Cutey Honey F, not that the choice was good in the end).

momobunny 2012-10-27 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 4413907)
I hope it's better than Smile.

Smile is the worst PreCure season thus far, there needs to be a return to character development/quality episode plots and less colourful ADHD.

I'm surprised to see somebody say that, quite honestly I wasn't a fan of Smile either... I ended up dropping it a long time ago.

I probably won't start watching Doki Doki, but I am curious to see how it turns out and what the character designs will look like.

Guido 2012-10-27 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by xizro345 (Post 4414096)
On the main topic I was quite surprised to see Toei going on with the franchise. I was expecting them to shut it off to avoid competition with the Sailormoon revival, like they did in "ancient times" (approximately 15 years ago, when they purposely halted the Shin Cutey Honey video episodes to bring on Cutey Honey F, not that the choice was good in the end).

To TOEI's target audience PreCure is for little girls what Tokusatsu Sentai shows like Kamen Rider are for boys. It's here to stay permanently.

I mean just take the Kamen Rider franchise's record history. How many incarnations of TV shows under the title of Kamen Rider has TOEI released over the years?

ACTL_33 2012-10-30 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido (Post 4414976)
To TOEI's target audience PreCure is for little girls what Tokusatsu Sentai shows like Kamen Rider are for boys. It's here to stay permanently.

I mean just take the Kamen Rider franchise's record history. How many incarnations of TV shows under the title of Kamen Rider has TOEI released over the years?

More like in the case of PreCure -- yes, the main target audience for Japan is small girls, but the series itself still has something for all age groups. The biggest highlight has always been the EDs for each season which is absolute win.

Kaioshin Sama 2012-10-30 14:15

So what are supposed to be the generally agreed upon "good" Precure series that are supposed to be easiest for any random person to get into again? I know people always cite Heartcatch as the "good one" and Suit Precure is generally regarded as "the worst", but where are the others supposed to fall in the grand Precure fan ranking schemes?

momobunny 2012-10-30 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 4419051)
So what are supposed to be the generally agreed upon "good" Precure series that are supposed to be easiest for any random person to get into again? I know people always cite Heartcatch as the "good one" and Suit Precure is generally regarded as "the worst", but where are the others supposed to fall in the grand Precure fan ranking schemes?

I notice people seem to love Heartcatch and Smile... and Suite gets a lot of the hate. Personally I enjoyed Suite more than Heartcatch and Smile.

I don't really know where the rest fall, I'd assume that the first season would rank highly... Max Heart and 5/Gogo probably rank somewhere in the middle... and I'd assume that Splash Star and Fresh would rank pretty low, but I'm honestly not sure. I haven't followed the series that long, so I can't really tell you anything that you don't already know. ^^;

Jao 2012-10-30 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 4419051)

Most people would agree that Futari wa and Heartcatch are the better series and Fresh, Suite and the sequels are the worse series (I'm still yet to watch the sequels, but as far as I can tell the consensus is 'Watch GoGo for Milky Rose, watch Max Heart because you're a loyal fan'). Where exactly Smile and Splash Star fall is heavily debated. Also complicating matters is the writing quality can be really inconsistent, for instance I found the vast majority of Fresh tiresome but the Eas arc (Around 19-23) was pretty much the best the franchise has ever gotten.

As for the two contested ones, Splash Star (Which is my favourite, so this report may be biased) seems to widely considered in the top three on /a/, #precure and livejournal, but the target audience didn't take to it at all, it takes a while to get going and the designs are simply awful. Smile... is going to remain controversial until it's finished airing I reckon. It has far less continuity between episodes (Read: Less character and plot development) than any of the other series, so you sort of have to adjust your expectations even with being a fan of the franchise.

Oh, and Yes! would rank quite highly if don't take great offense at the idea of girl duos being scrapped for Sailor Senshi wannabees.