AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Favourite Gundam TV Series Lead (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56447)

Kaioshin Sama 2007-10-18 17:05

Favourite Gundam TV Series Lead

Since, polls seem popular right now, I felt I'd go ahead and make one of my own. The rules are simple, vote for your favourite lead and give a blurb about why you made your pick. Here I go:

My favourite Gundam series lead is Loran Cehack. Rarely do you find a character who comes across as honest, hardworking and dedicated as Loran. Whether it's helping his adoptive family in the mines, protecting villagers from overzealous Moonrace soldiers or even willing to crossdress as a woman, Loran puts others above himself every step of the way, making him a true hero all to rare to Gundam. Plus Romi Paku really sells his humble and happy go lucky personality. One of my favourite casting choices of all time.

lubczyk 2007-10-18 19:12

For me its a tie between Kira Yamato (only in the original SEED), and Shiro (08th MS Team).

I was sympatheitic in regards to Kira for he seemed to act like a typical teenager in his situation would act. He was happy at times, angusty at times and just plain clueless and unsure at times. Like most human beings.

Shiro Amada had an allergic type of personally of overwhlming optomism. It was a joy to watch the chemistry between Shiro and his teammates as well as the relationship between Shiro and Aina.

In repeat, a tie between Shiro and Aina.

Westlo 2007-10-18 19:24

For this poll I selected Domon, Loran and Shiro and yeah Romi Paku was just great as Loran, I consider it one of her best roles and she's my favorites.

Shadowfox79 2007-10-18 19:28

I was split between Kira or Garrod (really did like X gundam, too bad it always get bashed because of its ratings back then), but chose Kira.

monster 2007-10-18 19:55

Kira makes SEED interesting. In fact, it felt like GS was a story about Kira. Gundam and the war are just the background/context. The same thing for Alfred and (to a lesser degree) Bernard from War in the Pocket. That's not something that I personally felt from many of the other Gundam series.

ScR3WiEuS 2007-10-18 20:15

Shiro and Amuro :x

And if anyone dares to say Shinn, I will hunt your ass down.

brightman 2007-10-18 20:18

Where's Sven/Selene? Why is Bernie up there?

Kaioshin Sama 2007-10-18 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman (Post 1208843)
Where's Sven/Selene? Why is Bernie up there?

No Sven because I felt Stargazer was too short to qualify for the poll I had in mind and Bernie is up there because he's the lead for Gundam 0080.

Terrestrial Dream 2007-10-18 21:05

Well I picked Amuro, Domon, Shiro, and Garrod. Amuro because he was the original and well I did like him in CCA. Domon was an idiot, but I do like hot blooded character. Shiro is similar to Domon (being hot blooded) and he was pretty cool character. Garrod is just a fun character to watch and he is not emo like many of the pilot. I wonder whether Shin should be there :heh:.

wingdarkness 2007-10-18 21:34

WTF? No Char?!?!?!?! :frustrated:

Char is the lead of all Gundam leads...

Therefore I choose not to vote :mad:...

brightman 2007-10-18 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 1208880)
No Sven because I felt Stargazer was too short to qualify for the poll I had in mind and Bernie is up there because he's the lead for Gundam 0080.

Bernie's not the lead for 0080 though... Al is. Bernie's just hamburger.

HazardNights 2007-10-18 21:43

Amuro, Kamille, Uso, Garrod, Loran, and Seabook got my votes.

I agree though that Al is really the "true" lead of Gundam 0080. The story was more so about him and seeing through his eyes I believe. Which is kinda of an interesting take when it comes to Gundam and wish they'd do that more. I think 0080 is perhaps the only Gundam show where the actual Gundam pilot isn't the number one or even the number two character. Alex is 3rd or perhaps even less in order of importance in that story. I still she had been the one to die instead of Bernie though.

4Tran 2007-10-18 22:09

Hands down, I pick Loran for pretty much the same reasons Kaioshin_Sama stated. I liked him from the get-go, but the washing episode sealed the deal.

Demongod86 2007-10-18 22:09

Killer Tomato for the reason that he acted like a typical guy did back in SEED. However, what really sold him for me is GSD, despite all of the controversy that such an opinion would cause. You see, aside from Amuro "I got pwnt by a rock" Ray, Killer Tomato was the only one we saw grow. All other gundam leads essentially came in, fought for half of the series blindly, got a supergundam, finished the fight, and saved the girl. Well, Domon and Heero both did, anyhow.

The real different thing about Killer Tomato is that we see him go from an everyday teenager to a teenager with more understanding, back to a peacenik, and then when it really mattered (aside from GSD 34), he turned on the pwn and did what he had to do. Of course, the Strike Freedom could have used a Twin Buster Rifle, but that's another issue.

Tak 2007-10-18 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScR3WiEuS (Post 1208838)
Shiro and Amuro :x

And if anyone dares to say Shinn, I will hunt your ass down.

*PSST* Shiiiinnnn

*Dons flame-resistant suit* :D

- Tak

kiramuro 2007-10-18 22:35

Voted earlier. Picked Yamato, Ebbing and Amada. I thought about voting for Kamille but he got beat up by Wong lee.

Yamato was pretty much the de facto lead (planned or not) in both Seed and Destiny. The two CE series could've been easily changed into a single epic story about him. It's a shame that it wasn't planned that way. He also owned a terrorist by throwing his gun like a ninja star. :) Bad personal combat tactics in real life but hey it looks awesome on the small screen.

Uso Evin was one cool kid. Held up amazingly well under the burden of the war and personal tragedy plus he is a very creative pilot. While he maybe the youngest protagonist ever however he may also be one of the more mature ones.

RavenHawk 2007-10-21 09:55

Voted for Amuro, Kamille, Judau, Heero, Domon, Seabook, Shiro and Kira. I think they're the coolest leads. :D

duotiga 2007-10-21 10:05

Voted Kamillie, Domon n Shiro

Geass 2007-10-21 10:07

Setsuna F. Seiei. :D

The Chaos 2007-10-21 10:11

there some gundam series I didn't watch yet so I vote for all of them
also I made wrong when i put on Shin Asuka (Gundam SEED Destiny)
I forget that I hate Him