AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Food that makes you ill (or sick) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30851)

Love Yuui 2006-04-09 00:45

Food that makes you ill (or sick)

Okay, I searched for anything relevant to this topic and didn't find anything. Hopefully, my search was diligent enough.

*crosses fingers*

On an empty stomach, I have known that I shouldn't consume milk or anything milk-based. Recently, I have become really intolerant to milk to the point where even eating cereal will cause me to boil toilet soup.

So, my sugarbabies, what foods do you find are not agreeable with your body's biology?

:p

JOJOS'STAR 2006-04-09 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Yuui
Okay, I searched for anything relevant to this topic and didn't find anything. Hopefully, my search was diligent enough.

*crosses fingers*

On an empty stomach, I have known that I shouldn't consume milk or anything milk-based. Recently, I have become really intolerant to milk to the point where even eating cereal will cause me to boil toilet soup.

So, my sugarbabies, what foods do you find are not agreeable with your body's biology?

I guess we generate intolerance to some kinds of food the same way we do for allergies. Its our lazy way of living that makes us vulnerable imo.

I have a intolerance to eggs. But not of any kinds, scramble only. :rolleyes: Makes my stomach go into acid party.

Shiryuu 2006-04-09 05:18

This is weird...

Anyways, if I drink coke or pepsi on an empty stomach then run around for a while, then stuff starts getting messed up, but other than that I really have no intolerance for any food I've ingested so far.

Komataguri 2006-04-09 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Yuui

*crosses fingers*

I am not intolerant to any food I've yet come across.

However, I do know that most dairy products do not agree with me when I first wake up [ they make me ill ], but after an hour or so after getting up, They no longer bother me anymore.

D3athScythe 2006-04-09 07:20

Definently Medicine =P I can stare at them forever and not take them, even if its as simple as swallowing them =) but yeah... once I swallowed it its over.. however if lets say its one of those you gotta bite... or whatever =P blegh

1.0.7. 2006-04-09 08:11

would you believe it..
i threw up looking at fish head.. not because i couldn't stand it..but fish head is just so damn ugly..
and besides... who in the right mind would boil a living thing's head and serve it in soup???

Love Yuui 2006-04-09 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
would you believe it..
i threw up looking at fish head.. not because i couldn't stand it..but fish head is just so damn ugly..
and besides... who in the right mind would boil a living thing's head and serve it in soup???

I find Parrot fish particularly disgusting. The sight of a dead Parrot fish is one of the few things that could very well by-pass my solid gag reflex.

Gah, even thinking about the sight of it is grossing me out. :upset:

Roopoo 2006-04-09 09:50

Macaroni cheese! I was given this in hospital straight after waking up from an operation. I foolishly took a bite and now can never eat macaroni again. Even thinking about it now makes me feel reeeeealy sick

Nightbat® 2006-04-09 10:07

tortelini/ravioli/meatfilled pasta
I can eat it, it tastes great,
but makes me feel sick to my stomach
add a cheesesauce with that, then it's a countdown to chunks

llama 2006-04-09 13:07

For some reason slushies, icees, snow cones, (any kind of shaved ice with fruity stuff poured on it) always make me feel sick. I don't know why. That and cotton candy. It's probably just too sweet for me. :heh:

Grees 2006-04-09 15:47

Haven't encounter any food that make me sick yet.

Although there was this one time I got chills for nearly an hour after eating some prawns, had to wrap myself in two blankets just to stop shivering.
Went to the doctor the next day and he told me I got prawns allergy and said I should buy medicine for whenever it happens again, which is bull since I eat prawns all my life, it was just that one time, led me to believe it was just not so well cooked prawns or something, never bought that medicine, ate alot of prawns since then, no problems or death, so the search for an allergy continues.

wingdarkness 2006-04-09 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiryuu
This is weird...

Anyways, if I drink coke or pepsi on an empty stomach then run around for a while, then stuff starts getting messed up, but other than that I really have no intolerance for any food I've ingested so far.

One would assume you'd just stop running around on a pop-filled stomach :p...

As for me I have a ruthless grudge against beans...Any kind of beans... I simply hate beans....red-beans and rice, butter beans, kidney-beans, pork and beans, doesn't matter...This is kinda odd for people to deal with considering I come from New Orleans where red-beans and rice is a traditional dish we're known world wide for...You see when I was in nursery school they used to feed us beans almost everyday especially butter-beans and you had no choice but to eat them...I used to complain to my Mama, but she said they were good for me xD...Anyways by the time I ended my stay there I had developed such a hatred for beans that they sicken me at the very sight of them til this day...I often times have gone to taco bell and ordered a Burrito or something and forgot to tell them no-beans...I can't even eat it I have to throw the whole damn thing away...My Family members often times have been pi$$ed at me for this because beans is big in our family and I always have to eat different stuff...I can hear my grandma screaming at me now for having to make me a different dish than everybody else :D...

Another food that sickens me is boiled cabbage..The smell is so putrid I can't see how people can eat that crap...Obvioulsy everybody in my family but me eats that crap too :upset: ...

¤ Naruto ¤ 2006-04-09 22:21

I love all food and never been sick from eating any sort of dressing.

justsomeguy 2006-04-09 23:11

Cheese, butter, and coconut flakes.

Kurz 2006-04-09 23:50

Milk Chocolate... Its just so nasty tasting...
I like Dark Chocolate (One with sugar, not extra dark).

ztella 2006-04-10 00:19

chinese mustard sauce

Li Jianliang 2006-04-10 00:56

Milk on an empty stomach. It induces immediate indigestion, diarrhea, and motion sickness-like effects.

Medicines containing naproxen sodium (the active ingredient in Aleve) are dangerous to me, too. They alleviate my aches and pains but cause a nasty allergic reaction: any surface of my body that comes into contact with it swells like there's no tomorrow. I can very well suffocate to death if too much of it travels down my throat.

Sakuya 2006-04-10 02:58

Whenever I eat seafood, mainly lobsters, crabs, and shrimp, I get this strange feeling in my stomach. It doesn't hurt but...I can't explain it. It's a weird and uncomfortable feeling. However, sometimes when eat them (with more flavoring added instead of the usual boiled/steamed version), I won't get that feeling. For instance, I can eat soft-shelled crab at Makino and for some dim sum which has shrimp in it.

However I'm allergic to Bazooka bubblegum. :heh: Big lips. VERY big lips.

Aoie_Emesai 2006-04-10 08:49

I dislike the look of blood and such, and such being guts, organs, and so on. So to be in medical practice that involve such job duties would not be for me. This isn't a food but in some places people eat these things.

OK, I hate seafood. I can eat them but i always feel nasuated, and I sorta feel like throwing up later on. I hate mayo, it's nasty. I hate mustard, that's nasty too. I also hate grits and gravy. Never mind, I hate too many things to put on this thread.

PS: Orange juice after brushing your teeth is like a 100% vommit commitment. Don't do. ^_^

Yotsuba 2006-04-10 11:01

Nothing really makes me feel sick. Oh, live food of any kind. Like lobsters that my mom would bring home to cook.. the little egg sacks inside.

Of course I love the taste, but I would be crying the entire time I ate it, hahaha.

I'm one of the only people in my family who isn't grossed out by blood, as well.