AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is Naruto wasted on Naruto? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=20996)

ChojinLocke 2008-07-12 07:52

I think a major mistake was done with not upgrading Naruto a little bit more after 3 years of training with Jiraya. We see many characters in the show maturing but Naruto is so slow in the development stages it just is too much.

SpyderSidiouss 2008-07-12 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightHack (Post 1722577)
It's pretty obvious that if I respond in full here you'll just come up with another bs response. I don't intend to waste any more time than I already have.

lol bs response? everything there was the truth exactly the way it happened and i told you why i did what i did. you just trying to save face because you have nothing left to attack with. at least be a samurai and go out with some honor man, dont just call ppls post bs with no back up. its so obvious you're out of ammo. im done now, theres nothing left.

----------------------------

anyway on topic @chojinlocke:

i dont think hes that immature, hes just dumb. if he learns alot of good sage magic from the frogs then he'll be like jiraiya, cause that guy jiraiya was goofy too.

TwilightHack 2008-07-12 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChojinLocke (Post 1722812)
I think a major mistake was done with not upgrading Naruto a little bit more after 3 years of training with Jiraya. We see many characters in the show maturing but Naruto is so slow in the development stages it just is too much.

I have to agree with that. Hopefully they kick up the story a notch.

--

@ SpyderSidiouss - Just let you know saving time =/= saving face. I never ran out of stuff to use, nor do I have anything to save face, I just don't want to waste my time on someone who just wont hear it.

Spoiler for wasted time:

SpyderSidiouss 2008-07-12 19:26

Spoiler for lol:

TwilightHack 2008-07-12 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss (Post 1723780)
Spoiler for lol:

Spoiler for last post:

That was fun but there's no need for me to rebuff anything you have to say since anymore and I'd be a broken record.

SpyderSidiouss 2008-07-12 20:27

Spoiler for lol... you know what, its not even funny anymore you're sad:

ShadowAssasin 2008-07-12 21:10

you guys were even funnier than than rurik vs. vindi89. and on multiple threads, wow.

TwilightHack 2008-07-12 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin (Post 1723919)
you guys were even funnier than than rurik vs. vindi89. and on multiple threads, wow.

You gotta try it sometime, its a lot more fun if you're actually involved. I know for one that you can give a good debate when you feel like it. :heh:

Sadly as opposed to previous encounters I've had, I ended up having to repeat myself to fend off the same attack multiple times. Also, my opposition seemed hell-bent on trying to degrade and discredit me by using the "hater" defense while providing nothing new in return.

It ended all pretty lame imo.

TwilightHack 2008-07-12 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by james3wk (Post 1723963)
That being said, we need a new thread labeled "Is Shikimaru/Neji/etc wasted on Naruto", considering that this thread wore out its welcome 4 years ago and no new information has come out to confirm or deny the OP.

Honestly, just about every character that isn't Team Kakashi (7), the Hokage, Team Hebi, and Akatsuki could be considered wasted on Naruto at this point.

I mean look at it this way, what the heck happened to our long awaited Team 7 and Team 8 interactions? Nothing, it cut straight from the scene with Tobi to Naruto thinking about his memories about Itachi.

So much wasted potential that was Kiba, Hinata and Shino.

I don't quite understand though... pre-timeskip Kishi was able to mesh ALL the characters really well together to give each a little development. Actually, even at the start of post-timeskip Kishi managed to involve Team 10 in the Kakuzu Hidan arc really well... but right now he's one-track minded and really its showing through.

mace58 2008-07-13 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shay (Post 319890)
I would put money on it that when the series finishes there will prolly be a spin off series about Sasuke and Itachi or something.

But I sometimes think that maybe the show could have been called Chronicles of Konoha or soemthing other than just Naruto.
But Naruto is the star and it is mostly all about him and he is my favourite char so...Scrap everything I just said.:P

yeah i agree with him mainly anime's titles have to deal with the main characters like One piece trying to get that pirates treas., Naruto abou a boy named Naruto, and Bleach for Ichigo's so to say Bleached blonde hair.

Endrance 2008-07-13 20:22

Im gonna say the same thing that i said about why i disliked orihime about naruto the fact that he has such potential but doesnt use it is why i think its wasted on him

Blank-Mage 2008-07-14 04:15

New to the thread, so my post is gonna go long. You've been warned.

I think Naruto is the only character with a blank slate as far as character development. No parents, no friends, no defining traits, he starts off with less information than WE do. Changes to his personality are slow, and brought on by a multitude of peers. Now, take Neji. Neji is awesome, that's just a fact, but at the outset his preconceptions would cloud our view of Konoha. He would never have bothered even talking to the majority of the characters, until Naruto messes with his head in the exams. Which is another thing: virtually all change in the supporting cast is brought about by Naruto, because he's the only one who makes an effort to change others. Naruto and Lee are virtually the same character, but can you imagine Lee making an impact on Neji's philosophy? Neji is too static a character to evolve. And he's already a genius. He loses the underdog factor.

Lee and Kiba would be cool, but their personalities aren't something you can base a series on. It'd be ridiculous. (But I'd watch it. ^^) Sakura would make it a love story, Shikamaru would make it a little deathnote-ish (a stretch, but you can't have a character that smart in anime like Naruto), any adults would have the Neji problem, Hinata would work, but she'd have to be more assertive or she'd never advance the plot, Lord knows what Sasuke would do with a series, and most others either don't have enough defining characteristics (sorry, Ten Ten. We still love you.) or are entirely too messed up (Gaara would kill the cast. All of it.) to be central characters. Naruto is someone we can relate to at the start, and figure out by the end.

Ryuujin 2008-07-16 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightHack (Post 1723982)
Honestly, just about every character that isn't Team Kakashi (7), the Hokage, Team Hebi, and Akatsuki could be considered wasted on Naruto at this point.

This, this, a thousand times this! He finally puts Team 8 in an arc (after ignoring them for years at a time), and Hinata never even got to DO anything!

james0246 2008-07-16 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuujin (Post 1732981)
This, this, a thousand times this! He finally puts Team 8 in an arc (after ignoring them for years at a time), and Hinata never even got to DO anything!

She didn't even get to look cute, which is about all she has going for herself now...

For shame Kishimoto :).

Dan the Man 2008-07-16 02:51

I do think that Naruto was pretty much wasted throughout the series. As far as I can remember, I only saw Naruto actually learn 3 jutsu throughout the course of the series, being the Shadow Clones, Summoning, and the Rasengaan respectively. I'm sure he's learned a few more by now, but I don't read the manga, and I've seen very little of Part II, so I'm not up-to-date.

Anyway, it just seemed that in every major fight Naruto was in, he always won by just the skin of his teeth, and throughout the series, he never really seemed to show any signs of improvement.

So, from what I've seen of the Part II anime, he's older, but as far as I can tell, exactly the same, when damn near everyone else is stronger, has more jutsu, and are now Naruto's superiors. I'd say there was a lot of potential wasted for Naruto throughout the series.

Adediran242 2008-07-16 09:46

I think the issue alot of us have is the "underdog" theme that constanntly runs in the manga and anime. (I struggle with it myself) Naruto is an absolute failure, with zero talent and a monster ravaging his soul. He is NOT supposed to be learning several new jutsu, as much as we'd love him to, because the guy is a moron. The only thing that redeems him is moral high standing which constantly occurs in Shounen manga and the Kyuubi. Next time we look at Naruto, we have to look at him in a slightly less critical light. A friend of mine said once that when dealing with Naruto, we have to constantly see the glass as "half full" instead of "half empty"

Spoiler for Naruto's achievements.:

Coupled with the enemies Naruto has fought and beaten, I doubt there is anyone in the series that can boast to the claims that he has achieved. Naruto is not wasted on Naruto because the main character is fulfilling his purpose and giving the message that Kishi wants portrayed, you don't have to be the best to be succesful, you can be a failure and still do well.

SpyderSidiouss 2008-07-17 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adediran242 (Post 1733725)
I think the issue alot of us have is the "underdog" theme that constanntly runs in the manga and anime. (I struggle with it myself) Naruto is an absolute failure, with zero talent and a monster ravaging his soul. He is NOT supposed to be learning several new jutsu, as much as we'd love him to, because the guy is a moron. The only thing that redeems him is moral high standing which constantly occurs in Shounen manga and the Kyuubi. Next time we look at Naruto, we have to look at him in a slightly less critical light. A friend of mine said once that when dealing with Naruto, we have to constantly see the glass as "half full" instead of "half empty"

Spoiler for Naruto's achievements.:

Coupled with the enemies Naruto has fought and beaten, I doubt there is anyone in the series that can boast to the claims that he has achieved. Naruto is not wasted on Naruto because the main character is fulfilling his purpose and giving the message that Kishi wants portrayed, you don't have to be the best to be succesful, you can be a failure and still do well.

try telling this to the people who want to live in lala land like keroko who actually want to believe that this guy is a "genius" lmao. :rolleyes:

lordblazer 2008-07-17 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogi (Post 319881)
The Manga Naruto has it's share of interesting characters, detaiiled backstory, and a well rounded supporting cast. Is it just me, or could Naruto have been better if it was based upon someone else. This is obviously not a simple retelling of the story from a diffrent point of view, but to re-write the story with someone more interesting as the central character(s). What do you people think?

FRom a westerners point of view when a show is named after a main character then it is soley focussed on that main character. WE even have an expectation that the support characters focus on the main characters.

This isn't the case with this show because it has a huge eastern outlook on the world. In which it isn't about you or me. IT's about the collective. Konoha is the collective, and it's a village of people that have lives, and have back stories, and are interesting. This also relates to naruto as he contributes to their lives as the contribute to his. Which is actually why the anime and the manga spends a lot of time with support characters because they have to be strong in order to even keep the show's theme alive which you always notice is "what is best for konoha."
Or "what is best for fire country."

Other themes include "the benefit of having the support of friends and family."
So yea it has a very non western theme to it. Because trust me a western theme to it would be somewhere a long the lines of how naruto develops when he interacts with other people. That's it. ITs focussed on him even the support characters would focus on him.

But as naruto stands right now it isn't from a westerner's perspective.

Keroko 2008-07-17 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss (Post 1735411)
try telling this to the people who want to live in lala land like keroko who actually want to believe that this guy is a "genius" lmao. :rolleyes:

Yes I do, and not just because Naruto can beat a few strong enemies. On several ocasions Naruto has mastered difficult techniques or gone through severe trials not by 'perseverance' but by using his head, something Sasuke is praised for whenever he does it.

In my opinion Naruto is a genius who was nipped because of neglect. Look at what he acomplishes when people spend some attention to him, he mastered the Rasengan in a time shorter then the far more experienced Jiraiya did, a sannin. He mastered a forbidden technique, the Kage Bunshin, in a matter of hours, even though he sucked at Bunshin.

SpyderSidiouss 2008-07-17 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1735603)
Yes I do, and not just because Naruto can beat a few strong enemies. On several ocasions Naruto has mastered difficult techniques or gone through severe trials not by 'perseverance' but by using his head, something Sasuke is praised for whenever he does it.

In my opinion Naruto is a genius who was nipped because of neglect. Look at what he acomplishes when people spend some attention to him, he mastered the Rasengan in a time shorter then the far more experienced Jiraiya did, a sannin. He mastered a forbidden technique, the Kage Bunshin, in a matter of hours, even though he sucked at Bunshin.

you naruto fans kill me (...yeah go ahead and say youre not :rolleyes:), the manga is a story about perseverance vs. talent but for some reason people love this idiot so much that they want to create what they want out of it to favor him. its funny how you keep talking about these same tired ass accomplishments but when sasuke does something spectacular or unbelievable(that sometimes make naruto look like what he is - an idiot), people start complaining about it, bitching and moaning. isnt that a double standard(hes supposed to do amazing stuff, he represetn talent). Just face it the story is about perseverance vs. talent and naruto is supposed to be the perseverence. no wonder you guys are always hating, you make up these ridiculous theory and actually believe it instead of facts in the manga lmao. stop believing your own stories and maybe you wont be dissappointed at the manga. lol