AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kami nomi/TWGOK (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Kami nomi/TWGOK - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98479)

relentlessflame 2010-10-23 06:54

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Kami nomi/TWGOK anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Kami nomi/TWGOK which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

felix 2010-10-23 06:57

What the hell is TWGOK in the title?

Ashaman 2010-10-23 06:59

short for The World God Only Knows, the english title.

Dist 2010-10-23 07:43

To be honest it looks and sounds stupid when you use both like that. Can't you really just fit The World God Only Knows there and leave the japanese out, or the opposite ?

Shiroth 2010-10-23 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3311300)
To be honest it looks and sounds stupid when you use both like that. Can't you really just fit The World God Only Knows there and leave the japanese out, or the opposite ?

Having both names in the title helps people find the series, seeing as though it's both known as The World God Only Knows and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai. It's best keeping it this way. Doesn't matter if it looks stupid.

larethian 2010-10-24 21:06

erm, where did the other character discussion threads go to?

omimon 2010-10-24 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313778)

I think this is a good choice to take them out, I mean this series has too many characters if we had one for all of them this thread will be too crowded.

larethian 2010-10-24 23:20

no, you misunderstood. there used to be ayumi discussion thread, which is gone! gasp!

omimon 2010-10-24 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313932)
no, you misunderstood. there used to be ayumi discussion thread, which is gone! gasp!

No I didn't misunderstand. I knew that they were there I'm just saying its normal that they are gone.

larethian 2010-10-25 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3313943)
No I didn't misunderstand. I knew that they were there I'm just saying its normal that they are gone.

then you must have meant subforum instead of thread in your above post?:confused:

omimon 2010-10-25 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313976)
then you must have meant subforum instead of thread in your above post?:confused:

Yea, subforum.

risingstar3110 2010-10-25 00:22

Then where have the posts in those thread gone to ? I thought Ayumi's should go to ep 1 and Mio's to ep 3?

Dist 2010-10-25 09:54

Is there any point to have character discussion for anyone else besides Keima and Elsie, when all the girls will be forgotten after an episode or two, depending on when Keima '' clears the route '' ...

MeoTwister5 2010-10-25 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3314461)
Is there any point to have character discussion for anyone else besides Keima and Elsie, when all the girls will be forgotten after an episode or two, depending on when Keima '' clears the route '' ...

I could answer this question, but to avoid spoilers, suffice to say they don't simply disappear from the story.

Dist 2010-10-25 22:00

Oh.. Okay... Then I guess it doesn't make sense why the threads disappeared.

I got a question related to the CR thingy, maybe mod can answer : It says you will be banned. Is this ban temporary or permanent ?

pampz21 2010-10-26 05:47

Galge English?

Its about an english galge games for psp!
I wanna try it out,,, but too bad I don't know kanji so idk many stuffs!
Can someone give me the you know wat(cuz of forums rules)...if you have those can you guys PM for L>

Thanks!
I owe you one!

Daniel E. 2010-10-26 06:09

What's the deal with Elsie's name? Why are so many people using different spellings for her name?

I checked the Wiki and her name there is listed as Elsea, whereas Elsie is treated as a cute nick of sorts. However, I have seen people use (in this very same forum, btw) Elsee and Else instead.

Klashikari 2010-10-26 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3313778)

They have been removed because their lack of purpose for the time being (and an indirect spoiler as well), and it would also attract manga readers, potentially blurting manga spoilers at the same time.
They will be back when the situation will call for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 3315725)
What's the deal with Elsie's name? Why are so many people using different spellings for her name?

I checked the Wiki and her name there is listed as Elsea, whereas Elsie is treated as a cute nick of sorts. However, I have seen people use (in this very same forum, btw) Elsee and Else instead.

The problem is that there isn't much -official- material that states an official romaji of her name. Furthermore, Elsee is an actual first name, whereas the other versions aren't, IRCC

Kakkou 2010-10-26 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3315730)
The problem is that there isn't much -official- material that states an official romaji of her name. Furthermore, Elsee is an actual first name, whereas the other versions aren't, IRCC

Her character single cover spells it as Elsie in romanji, I think that should suffice as the true spelling unless future merchandise ends up contradicting it. The only thing still unconfirmed is the spelling of her full name.

risingstar3110 2010-10-26 08:23

Just like Kakkou said, Elsee is the name appeared in Manga since chapter 1(Else is the shorter form). We used that name for hundreds of manga chapters discussion, until her official name come out to be Elsie

Many still have the old habit of calling her Elsee