AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam AGE General Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99560)

RRW 2011-06-09 00:24

is Gunpla Builders finish?

LoweGear 2011-06-09 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 3644974)
is Gunpla Builders finish?

The three episode OVA is finished yes, but there's still spinoffs in the form of manga to be released.

Update on AGE:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
The July issue of Shogakukan's Corocoro Comic magazine is announcing next Wednesday that the game developer Level 5 (Inazuma Eleven, Danbōru Senki) is working on all aspects of the new Gundam AGE anime for release this fall. There will also be a Gundam AGE manga running in the magazine.

The new series will have three generations of "father, child, and descendant" as the lead characters who pilot the Gundam unit to fight against an unknown attacking enemy (UE) and save Earth. The first main character is Furitto Asuno, who developed the Gundam AGE-1 mobile suit (humanoid mobile weapon) equipped with the AGE System (a self-adapting computer). The second main character is Asemu Asuno, Furitto's child. The third main character is Kio Asuno, Furitto's descendant who inherits the Gundam. The Gundam AGE-1 can be augmented as the Gundam AGE-1 Titus for more power, or as the Gundam AGE-1 Sparrow for more speed.

Other characters include Emily, Furitto's friend since he was 7. Guruudekku is a Commander in the Earth Federation Forces and the captain of the battleship Diva. Mireesu is a Lieutenant (junior grade) in the Federation Forces aboard the Diva.

Tak 2011-06-09 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness (Post 3644929)
Obviously (The Best Animatrix Short too), but go deeper...Go and google an interview or 2 with him, see how his mind works then you'd understand why he's so outstanding even when he's only done a few works...He's meticulous about his work choices and refuses to devote any time to projects devoid of true soul (His works that is)...He's all about freestyle, bending genres, and artistic soul (Mostly found through music)...

LOL, I seen enough of his works and love most of them. I just sensed a certain degree of doubt here when someone mentioned him as a potential candidate for a Gundam director. Rest assured he handled mecha franchises before, and is well suited for the job. One of his best works, Macross PLUS (classic!), was very well directed indeed.

Speaking of the new Gundam... I share the same sentiment as one of the posters in reaction to the new Gundam series...

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?

- Tak

LoweGear 2011-06-09 00:42

Now that the premise has been shown to NOT be a Card battle premise (thank the Emperor), at least it has alleviated some of my initial knee-jerk reactions towards the series. Even though the aesthetic still looks like something out of a game anime, at least the premise is still pretty much Gundam, and I'm intrigued with how they'll handle "the 100-year War" that I've been hearing regarding the setting, which explains the "generational" theme.

Will be waiting on the announcement at the 13th to see the rest of the deal though.

Duo Maxwell 2011-06-09 00:44

Please don't tell me this is your main Gundam show this season, please.

fertygo 2011-06-09 01:17

Don't underestimate kids show guys, this might be turned into good stuff like HeartCatch Precure :p
Doesn't mean there isn't any of high profile animator that gonna involved in this project and providing great cut.

SABER60069 2011-06-09 01:20

I don't know it just seems so hard to just believe it will somehow be good

ttdestroy 2011-06-09 01:20

Well I'm not going to say I'm "excited" but I am interested, at least til the first actual animation I get to see.

LoweGear 2011-06-09 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3645022)
Don't underestimate kids show guys, this might be turned into good stuff like HeartCatch Precure :p
Doesn't mean there isn't any of high profile animator that gonna involved in this project and providing great cut.

Well, I have been mislead by my preference in animation aesthetics before - I was hesitant to watch both Gurren Lagann and Heartcatch Precure due to their "wacky" animation, and yet now they're high on my all-time favorites list.

As for the actual animation itself, we'll have to see on the 13th if they show some teaser animation clips of the series.

Rising Dragon 2011-06-09 01:24

Lack of traditional V-fin aside, I kinda like the new Gundam's appearance.

PzIVf3 2011-06-09 01:27

There is no more cockpit its a remote control sensor controlled by a digital cellphone. I wonder if this a voice command recognition.

Vitamin fighter 2011-06-09 01:41

http://blog-imgs-47.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...0609132518.jpg

http://blog-imgs-47.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...0609132517.jpg

I mean...whaa?

PzIVf3 2011-06-09 01:43

At least they got cute loli navigators.

Patriot's Blade 2011-06-09 02:00

looks more like an Ultraman/Kamen Rider than a Gundam F90/G-saviour/Strike/Impulse homage, btw no more aliens please!!!

Kaioshin Sama 2011-06-09 02:13

Not really feeling the design at all, but the concept I'm reading of 3 generations of characters could prove interesting. Just looks to much like a kids show though ala the more recent SD Gundam series.

Kind of hoping there's more than just this honestly......

solidvanz 2011-06-09 02:14

Well, the Gundam design looks decent. Maybe I could give a try to watch 1-2 episodes before I make a good judgement.

I don't think many Gundam fans gonna like this kids-oriented series. :(

asaqe 2011-06-09 02:16

Well we need to start the new era with something new and the best way to do it is to bring in new blood with a heavily toyetic mecha series rather than trying to ride on OO's success.

And for me, I was hoping for NuBSG style gundam series.

Blaat 2011-06-09 02:31

Wow, I didn't expect a kid show...

Kaioshin Sama 2011-06-09 02:38

From what I'm gathering this is actually coming mostly from Level 5's ideas rather than Sunrise's so I can't say I'm really expecting anything I've ever seen from animated Gundam before. Dragon Quest and Gundam, together at last...... :eyebrow:

But seriously Level 5 is a good game developer, but I know nothing about there other two anime other than they are kiddy looking as well. This series probably hinges on exactly how the whole multi-generation thing plays out. I love that concept, but with them all being.....8 I guess I can only imagine a Gundam show where the likes of Katz, Kika and Letz get to pilot a Gundam. It doesn't seem right somehow.....

Vitamin fighter 2011-06-09 02:43

I know it's too early to judge, but it looks like thay are trying to wipe old fans out from TV series.