AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

DarkWarrior 2006-11-06 20:50

According to Rainbow Ten, it also comes with a special poster.

Meehlimo 2006-11-06 21:33

Poster of SF SWEETTTTTTTT btw i have no complaints at all so far except one over the new MG of it but i have 2 questions and im a vetran modeler. One thing is doe the wings can they be pulled to expose a section of gold in them ive see MG pic wit and without it so that i was very curious about. Other thing is i noticed the SF.s ankle and feet aint what they are in the anime they were a lil more bulky and squared, but i guess thats what u get cuz they just modded the orginal freedom MG thats my 2 cents anyway.

M_Flores 2006-11-06 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 731922)
Poster of SF SWEETTTTTTTT btw i have no complaints at all so far except one over the new MG of it but i have 2 questions and im a vetran modeler. One thing is doe the wings can they be pulled to expose a section of gold in them ive see MG pic wit and without it so that i was very curious about. Other thing is i noticed the SF.s ankle and feet aint what they are in the anime they were a lil more bulky and squared, but i guess thats what u get cuz they just modded the orginal freedom MG thats my 2 cents anyway.

Other things were rather different from the anime, like the chest cannon.
However, my real concern is the wing span and the size of the wings. The 1/60 LE had massive wings that reached (or almost) the ankle area, and so did the MG 1/100 stock Freedom Gundam also had a pretty good wingspan and also reached about ankle level. Based on the pics so far, the MG Strike Freedom's wings don't seem to be as long. Or perhaps maybe it was the angle of the photos.

wavehawk 2006-11-06 23:15

It's just me, but I feel that not painting a Gundam kit (or at least doing something to the kit) just doesn't look right. I started off with military 1/144 planes before Gundams, so I might be biased, but the problem with most GunPla is that the plastic has this typical 'gloss plastic' look to it. It's not bad, but for some kits, it makes it look too much like a toy rather than a model. And I think Gundams look better with flat or matt (non-gloss) color schemes.

FYI: You still need to paint the HGUC/HG Seed kits to some extent. The Ailew Strike Gundam, for example, has two white parts for the shoulders, meaning to make it really look good, you'll need to paint the grey areas. And the problem with painting kits is that they're not always the exact same color as the plastic. Top off with the fact that the stickers that come with HG kits are foil (meaning shiny and not very authentic-looking)...don't get me wrong; you can build an HG kit without ever painting it. But they just look so much better if you do paint them.

For Master Grades, there's a quick and easy way to make it look good:
1.) Build it and make sure you carefully sand off the bit-joints (i.e. the parts where you removed the parts off the sprue).
2.)Afterwards, spray a coat of Overcoat--this is clear spray paint. I use Testor's Clear Dullcote, and this lets you keep the model's original color while removing the gloss sheen. Testor's, Mr Color, and Tamiya all have different clear coat types (gloss, semi-gloss, matt/dull), so you can pick. Spray evenly and let dry.
3.) After the kit is completely dry, do the detailing lines with pen or Gundam Marker--the reason I say do it after the spraying is that lacquer spray tends to make even ink that's been dry a year suddenly 'run', and it'll ruin the look of your Model. Plus, the layer of lacquer paint will make it easier for your ink to stick (as opposed to bare plastic).
4.) Apply decals. Again, since it's got a coat of clear paint, the decals should stick better.

This is what I did with my MG Gundam MK-II V2.0. I wish I could show it off, but I've got no digital camera. Basically, that's the quick and dirty way to make a Master grade look good. :)

aikming 2006-11-07 03:14

just one more note after wavehawk suggestion, be careful while detailing lines, choose a small & fine tip marker and have a cloth ready if you mess up, wipe it quick before the marker settle down.

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-07 11:31

Mmmmm have to preorder the SF MG :) , btw the Action Base Bandai is releasing this month can any HG or MG kit fit on it?

jbui 2006-11-07 14:26

wavehawk, will applying the dullcote alone remove the scratches caused from sanding the bit-joints?

MakubeX2 2006-11-08 07:59

MG SF "Special Option Parts" Revealed and confirmed :-

http://www.toysrus.co.jp/product/product_d...=000&top_id=001

Quote:

「機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY」より、ストライクフリーダムガンダムが、MGにて登場です!背中の翼は連動ギミック搭載で 劇中シーンを再現でき、また、展開時に翼を大きく見せるスライド伸縮ギミックも搭載しました。

脚部の関節と太ももの装甲連動ギミックも搭載。空中で飾れる、ストライクフリーダムの象徴的な翼をモチーフ にデザインした、専用台座が付属します。

付属武器は、ビームサーベル×2本、ビームシールドです。
モビルスーツ内部に搭乗用の1/100キラ・ヤマト、ラクス・クラインが付属し、
ホイルシールとマーキングシール、ドライデカールも付属します。

さらに!スペシャルオプションVerの気になる内容は、
商品カタログを超える盛り沢山な内容のオリジナル冊子(初回出荷分のみ)、
各関節がメッキコーティングされたフレームパーツ(光表現を実現できます。)、
エフェクトパーツとリード線(ドラグーンの噴射をダイナミックに表現可能)、
角度調整可能スタンド(劇中のポーズをイメージどおりに固定できます。)、
オリジナルキャラポスター(キャラクターデザインの平井久司氏描き下ろしです。アニメファン必 見!)です。

Translation :-
Gaplant Kits Catalog
Golden Chrome Joints
Effect Parts & Lead Lines (Similar to that of the 1/144 HG SF Kit)
Adjustable Stand
Poster

As everybody had predicted.Just that Bandai decide to throw in an extra poster.

duotiga 2006-11-08 08:07

this yr christmas present will be a very joyful one...:D

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-08 09:05

what will be the price of the MG SF "Special Option Parts" ?

J_Ridden 2006-11-08 11:03

Aren't Stargazer Gundam and Kerberos BuCue Hound supposed to be released this month?

Meehlimo 2006-11-08 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Ridden (Post 733467)
Aren't Stargazer Gundam and Kerberos BuCue Hound supposed to be released this month?

Yea they seem to release them around the 26th of each month.:confused:

M_Flores 2006-11-08 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 733347)
MG SF "Special Option Parts" Revealed and confirmed :-

http://www.toysrus.co.jp/product/product_d...=000&top_id=001

Translation :-
Gaplant Kits Catalog
Golden Chrome Joints
Effect Parts & Lead Lines (Similar to that of the 1/144 HG SF Kit)
Adjustable Stand
Poster

As everybody had predicted.Just that Bandai decide to throw in an extra poster.

Pics, or I'm not interested, lol.
(actually, I am still)

Derringer 2006-11-09 02:53

The MG SF model at the hobby show had the gold joints. If not, those were painted.
Otherwise, we have no pictures of the special parts in question.

M_Flores 2006-11-09 05:14

A special poster really does add icing to the cake.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but do you thinkl MG SF will also come with a little pilot figurine like MG stock Freedom did? I don't remember Strike IWSP having a little pilot figurine?

duotiga 2006-11-09 07:37

the base preview

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7...9bc884ocs0.jpg

sandrum 2006-11-09 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 734326)
A special poster really does add icing to the cake.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but do you thinkl MG SF will also come with a little pilot figurine like MG stock Freedom did? I don't remember Strike IWSP having a little pilot figurine?

The link toysRus japan link given above also states that there'll be a 1/100 kira yamato and 1/100 lacus clyne included in the standard and special editions.

vin.dictive 2006-11-09 07:51

*sighs* I wonder if there's a second chance to get them SF Special Option Parts. I'm not a real big fan of CE but the model itself is rather impressive (better with those gold chrome joints applied)...

Will there ever be a second chance? I don't know how Bandai operates so could someone else inform me? (then there's hope for the overwhelming demand of these special parts to be mass-produced!)

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-09 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 734406)

yes I'm gonna order some of those stands, finally some of my 1/00 HG can get a stand now ;)

Shinji103 2006-11-09 14:00

Yay! A good stand to mount my MG Mark II Ver. 2 on! :D