AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-13 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illsteir (Post 5920976)
I suggest to wait for more reviews to come out before we pass judgement.

Below are the Korean & Chinese(?) reviews. They sound a bit more positive than Gaikotsu's, but maybe because they cut out or didn't bother with the annoying part of trying to dynamic-pose it. And even in their reviews, some of the major problems from Gaikotsu's review still persists, namely: head pop out rather easily when moved, dat flimsy waist, can’t aim straight with the beam rifle unless you cheat and angle the elbow (and is still drooping), parts fall off when moved (eg. back-thrusters parts, toes, knee-guards, etc).
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Take that as you will ;).

Faux Mecha 2016-08-13 12:03

what's strange is that why the heck did they reuse the Mk-II's inner frame? which is jarring as the Mk-II & the Sinanju have different varying scales & proportions wise, i mean they just stretched the poor Mk-II's Frame & pass it as a new frame?

Skye629 2016-08-13 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5921049)
what's strange is that why the heck did they reuse the Mk-II's inner frame? which is jarring as the Mk-II & the Sinanju have different varying scales & proportions wise, i mean they just stretched the poor Mk-II's Frame & pass it as a new frame?

Its either them being cheap or for some reason the product was extremely rushed

Router25 2016-08-13 21:45

It also might be the lack of an RG Sazabi or Nu Gundam inner frame (history-wise), so they have to use the MK II.
This is also disappointing since this also means there are no plans for an RG Sazabi or Nu gundam yet.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-13 21:53

All the kit's problems aside, those who already pre-ordered RG Sinanju shouldn't be upset that much IMO. I mean, it still looks pretty and can still hold itself together if you don't move or pose it that much, and can still be a good display just standing or floating on a stand ;).

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-13 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5921341)
All the kit's problems aside, those who already pre-ordered RG Sinanju shouldn't be upset that much IMO. I mean, it still looks pretty and can still hold itself together if you don't move or pose it that much, and can still be a good display just standing or floating on a stand ;).

The only kit I used the stand for was Harute's jet mode. The rest I have standing on their own. I still remember the bitch of a time I had getting my MG Wing Zero Custom's wings to balance out enough for the gunpla to stand. I don't feel like trying to do that with a kit that's so floppy.

wavehawk 2016-08-13 23:08

All of a sudden I'm glad they did the RG Sinanju instead of an RG Unicorn. If an RG Unicorn had the same issues I would be freaking out homicidal.

That said, I think I'm sticking to my HGUC Sinanju and Unicorn for now.

Router25 2016-08-13 23:33

Looks like it all comes down to how careful I would be assembling mine, it is my first Zeonic RG after all so I better not mess it up.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-13 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 5921386)
Looks like it all comes down to how careful I would be assembling mine, it is my first Zeonic RG after all so I better not mess it up.

GundamHolic-team (the Korean reviewers above) is among the most careful builders out there. So, if even they have some problems with parts falling out after building RG Sinanju OOB, that means the kit itself is problematic. Better get that superglue or cement ready to apply to the non-moving parts ;).

Router25 2016-08-14 00:01

Thanks for the tip, I will also look at other build notes others have posted earlier too.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-14 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 5921404)
Thanks for the tip, I will also look at other build notes others have posted earlier too.

At least you know about the issues ahead of time, rather than encountering them during the assembly. Talk about a nasty surprise.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-14 08:34

Another good English review of RG Sinanju for more perspective:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-14 19:28

Oh look, another P-Bandai MG 1/100 exclusive. :heh:

Source.

xeviouses 2016-08-15 03:13

Welp, I'm screwed. P-Bandai is dead set on taking all of my money.:heh:

That Blanche Custom is using the Destiny pack isn't it?

Rising Dragon 2016-08-15 03:27

It's a customized Destiny Impulse R unit.

xeviouses 2016-08-15 04:09

Ah, the one from Astray, even better.

kgrodriguez 2016-08-16 09:13

Really tempted to get the RG Sinanju, but is a bit wary now, specially reading about loose or popping out parts, as I love doing different poses with my gunplas.

Here's another greatly positive review - any thoughts? Is it too...optimistic?

http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/2016/08...u-review-92-9/

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-16 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5923153)
Here's another greatly positive review - any thoughts? Is it too...optimistic?

http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/2016/08...u-review-92-9/

I just read that review. It's funny when he said that his favorite pose is Sinanju just floating on a stand (like I said in my previous post above) with rifle pointing downwards. So I guess the problem with the shoulder joints are real and Sinanju can't aim its rifle straight for shit :heh:.

kgrodriguez 2016-08-16 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5923164)
I just read that review. It's funny when he said that his favorite pose is Sinanju just floating on a stand (like I said in my previous post above) with rifle pointing downwards. So I guess the problem with the shoulder joints are real and Sinanju can't aim its rifle straight for shit :heh:.

I might reserve getting this kit later on and divert my resources to other kits for the meantime. :heh: I'm really particular about pieces not popping off or being too loose.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-20 20:13

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm seriously impressed: