AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Re:Zero (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   *Licensed* Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu [Web Novel/Light Novel/Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=129355)

Karoshi 2014-11-13 15:02

*Licensed* Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu [Web Novel/Light Novel/Manga]

Original Title: Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活
Alternative Title: Re: Life in a different world from zero
Author: Nagatsuki Tappei (長月達平)
Illustrator: Ootsuka Shinichirou (大塚真一郎)
Publisher: MF Bunko J
Publication Status: 5 volumes, ongoing
Web Novel Link: *removed* (350~+ chapters)
Translations: *removed*

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Translated prologue of volume one can be found *removed*. Translation schedule will be irregular, but it definitely won't be fast.

BigNobody 2014-11-13 15:18

Link to spoilers form Narou thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...124562&page=38

Namorax 2014-11-13 15:38

Sounds interesting, but it really gives me the feeling I've heard this story already.
So he can jump back in time everytime he dies? Is it always the same point (like, the moment he entered this world)? Or is it more like T minus 6 hours or something similar.

As forthe heroine: Is it just me or are her eras pointier then the others? Elf then?

Breimoon 2014-11-13 15:44

there is a few manga chs, check it out.

sasuke706 2014-11-13 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namorax (Post 5335637)
Sounds interesting, but it really gives me the feeling I've heard this story already.
So he can jump back in time everytime he dies? Is it always the same point (like, the moment he entered this world)? Or is it more like T minus 6 hours or something similar.

As forthe heroine: Is it just me or are her eras pointier then the others? Elf then?

To explain his Return by Death a little,
Spoiler for :

And the main heroine is a half-elf, yes.

Amanomurakumo 2014-11-13 17:42

The red-head looks like the childhood friend from Gekka no Utahime to Magi no Ou

Ophis 2014-11-13 17:48

Etto, it seems that I have read about this novel somewhere... is this the novel where the MC never stops being useless, no matter how many times he dies?

Karoshi 2014-11-14 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophis (Post 5335741)
Etto, it seems that I have read about this novel somewhere... is this the novel where the MC never stops being useless, no matter how many times he dies?

From what I've seen, he starts learning from his mistakes. Die enough times and it'll happen.

cadu_ 2014-11-14 05:00

Well,he could stay his entire life learning martial arts or magic and then kill himself to re-start young but a whole life battle experience.

DarkSilverSky 2014-11-14 07:54

Any spoillers on why he was summoned?

aohige 2014-11-14 08:08

It's not random, think of it like "stage clear".

Spoiler:

Also the protagonist is a foolish, annoying little brat.
He will make heaps of mistakes along the way, he will whine, blame, and make fool of himself many, many times. But bear with him.
It's one of the most motivating depiction of growth I've yet seen in Narou.
You can really feel him becoming a better man one step at a time, and that's no easy task to accomplish in writing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSilverSky (Post 5336328)
Any spoillers on why he was summoned?

Spoiler:

And yes, it's supposed to creep you out. :heh:
This novel is like a romance horror story.

Trung-t-rung 2014-11-14 08:22

So the protagonist is a typical slice of life harem MC with absolutely no outstanding ability beside his save point power. Ugh:uhoh:
Damn, I kind of wish for a non-OP protag but still capable of handing situation and help his team/harem/friends/whatever...Not to mention the motherly/onee-san type heroine.:mad:

aohige 2014-11-14 08:32

Slice of life? Harem? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :heh:

Slice of limbs, guts, gizzards, legs, sanity, and insane amounts of blood maybe.

Oh boy, your imagination is far from what this novel is actually like. :D
It's pretty hard core. Especially the third arc. There's no way I could keep sanity in his shoes, absolutely no way.

This isn't your average "hero saves the day with his uber OP superpower so everyone can ride his dick" novel, thank god.
Nope, the author will make him suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, then suffer more until he finally finds a way to make everything click together.
It's more like Okabe from Steins;gate, just 10x more sadistically written.

Trung-t-rung 2014-11-14 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 5336358)
Slice of life? Harem? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :heh:

Slice of limbs, guts, gizzards, legs, sanity, and insane amounts of blood maybe.

Oh boy, your imagination is far from what this novel is actually like. :D
It's pretty hard core. Especially the third arc. There's no way I could keep sanity in his shoes, absolutely no way.

This isn't your average "hero saves the day with his uber OP superpower so everyone can ride his dick" novel, thank god.
Nope, the author will make him suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, then suffer more until he finally finds a way to make everything click together.
It's more like Okabe from Steins;gate, just 10x more sadistically written.

No, what I mean was the protag is like someone from a slice-of-life harem series. You know those useless guys who can get a bunch of girl simply because he's nice to them or something.
So from your description, the novel is basically Muv Luv Alternative with an Ichika-tier MC ? Does it have PTSD in it ? What kind of suffering are you talking about ?NTR, comrade/lover's death , absolutely despair tier ?

aohige 2014-11-14 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung (Post 5336369)
No, what I mean was the protag is like someone from a slice-of-life harem series. You know those useless guys who can get a bunch of girl simply because he's nice to them or something.
So from your description, the novel is basically Muv Luv Alternative with an Ichika-tier MC ? Does it have PTSD in it ? What kind of suffering are you talking about ?NTR, comrade/lover's death , absolutely despair tier ?

He's not a MC from a harem slice of life, he's "that really annoying friend of the MC" guy.
Originally anyways.
No, he has no mysterious attractions to the babes, in fact, most female characters originally see him as dirt or trash or a worthless fly. :heh:

Most of friends and heroines originally start out negative, he has to grow up and win their trust. (obviously failing over and over gives him the edge of learning their personalities and problems, which he can help to fix or overcome)

As for PTSD... yeah, gruesome stuff.
Spoiler:

I won't go into detailed plot spoilers.
Like I said above, he's a LOT like Okabe from Steins;gate.
He won't shut up, delusional, annoying, and powerless.
And Okabe trying to find a way to save Mayuri is very much like what this guy has to go through... but every freakin' stage. :heh:

eirvenxkie19 2014-11-14 09:05

His power reminds me of Kirie's from UQ Holder, but his power is like more pain in the ass.

Amanomurakumo 2014-11-14 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 5336382)
He's not a MC from a harem slice of life, he's "that really annoying friend of the MC" guy.
Originally anyways.
No, he has no mysterious attractions to the babes, in fact, most female characters originally see him as dirt or trash or a worthless fly. :heh:

So he's the guy who is normally the buttmonkey bromantic foil?
You cannot really tell anything about the plot from the illustrations at all.

Sacredus 2014-11-14 10:07

Japanese Readers Name Manga or Light Novel Most Deserving of Anime Adaptation
And this series ranked at 20 place... So I think maybe it's worth reading.

Breimoon 2014-11-14 10:10

only n 20, 9 and 2 seems interesting......

drunkenwolfin 2014-11-14 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namorax (Post 5335637)

The feeling may be due to a short manga that ended rather quickly. It had the MC who would rewind the the beginning of the day every time he died. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it and it didn't merit putting in my favourites list.

Also the novel Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria had the rewind factor as well.