AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Innocent habits you've gotten from Anime? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26384)

DingoEnderZOE2 2005-12-18 16:30

Innocent habits you've gotten from Anime?

Reviving this topic again to start anew.

Again my habit(that I can remember) are I sometimes walk with my hands behind the back of my head and I also gained the habit of pushing up my glasses with my middle finger.

Kamui4356 2005-12-18 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Reviving this topic again to start anew.

Again my habit(that I can remember) are I sometimes walk with my hands behind the back of my head and I also gained the habit of pushing up my glasses with my middle finger.

I do a variation of that. The difference is, I use both my middle and index fingers. I caught myself doing the middle finger thing, realized that could easily be misinterperted, and started doing it with both fingers.:heh:

JOJOS'STAR 2005-12-18 18:24

Ittadakimas before eating or kempai when drinking. Always say Yatta! when I'm happy, I drink green tea and finaly I'm taking Japanese class.

I guess this has to do with growing up too in a way but I'm truly being more and more like myself in the everyday life.

One thing I like about anime is that in every shows, you dont have to be ashame of yourself cause in the end you realise that everyone find itself in it somewhere. And being yourself makes you more enjoyable to be with. Yataa!

ChainLegacy 2005-12-18 19:27

I walk with my hands behind my head, but I dunno if I was doing that before I watched anime.

I think the main problem for me is whenever I try to watch regular TV, I find myself glancing at the bottom for subtitles...:heh:

Astria 2005-12-18 19:39

I find myself replying to things with "hai" more often, out loud. No one at work has said anything about it, either, which I find odd. I've also caught myself muttering "baka" when someone annoys me.

Oh yes, I've also noticed I've been putting my hands together in a very Gendo-esque manner when sitting at my desk. Now, if only I could get my glasses to reflect the light properly.

Shiryuu 2005-12-18 19:42

Nothing. I have not gotten any weird and\or innocent habits from an anime. It's just so retarded to see other people doing that kind of stuff and saying random japanese words in the middle of a sentence(no offense to any of you of course), and I don't want to look like that.

Souzouryoku 2005-12-18 19:55

Nah, no really bad habits for me. But, like ChainLegacy, I too look at the bottom for subtitles (sadly even when the program is in English). I don't know if this really counts as a habit, but whenever I'm watching Japanese anime with friends, that is in English..I always silently complain to myself about how bad the dub is :P Sadly, my friends would rather prefer to watch the shows in english *sigh*

Kaminix 2005-12-19 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
Nah, no really bad habits for me. But, like ChainLegacy, I too look at the bottom for subtitles (sadly even when the program is in English). I don't know if this really counts as a habit, but whenever I'm watching Japanese anime with friends, that is in English..I always silently complain to myself about how bad the dub is :P Sadly, my friends would rather prefer to watch the shows in english *sigh*

Why silently? :p
Puh... I will never understand dub-watchers. :p

Calca 2005-12-19 13:22

Responding with "hm!" when I mean yes.

Ilpalazzo-sama 2005-12-19 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I do a variation of that. The difference is, I use both my middle and index fingers. I caught myself doing the middle finger thing, realized that could easily be misinterperted, and started doing it with both fingers.:heh:

I do it with index finger only, but it is a habit way before i got into anime.

(too bad that those damn lights does not want to reflect ;) j/k)

Rurik 2005-12-19 13:38

I don't know if this can be consider a innocent habit, but my brother sometimes acts like Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter…He Fill excited about fights with other people..And after his knuckles get wounded after a fight..He licks his blood…:uhoh:

For me. I just like to use those common greatings in Japanese…and some time do some anime faces, like when I want to ask for something and I’m shy about it, I begin to touch both index fingers like jiraya did when asking Naruto to henge into a woman!

srb 2005-12-19 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streetor
Responding with "hm!" when I mean yes.

I did this long before I started watching anime.

I'm not sure if I've picked up any habits after observing characters in anime. I already did the thing where they close their fist and look upwards when they are determined about something before I started watching anime as well.

I guess I'm just weird from the beginning.

tabun 2005-12-19 16:09

I'm a middle finger glasses pusher, too :heh:

Nothing apart from that. It's enough my friends know of me watching anime. They think I'm a little.. uhm... different[ by only watching it. No need to live it ;)

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs 2005-12-19 18:30

I'm guilty of index+middle finger glasses lifting. I went through a phase of inseting japanese in my speach back about 15 years ago but that ended really quickly when I saw others doing it. It just didn't jive with me.

I don't know if I got this from anime or not but when I jump down from a higher place (an extremely rare instance nowadays) I land in a crouch with one knee and a fist on the ground.

Everything else I do is either stuff I don't notice, intentional stuff or done in parody to people who know what I'm referencing.

EDIT: A friend of mine just informed me of another habbit anime has given me. If I'm watching a show or playing a dating sim and a sister falls for her brother or whatnot, it doesn't phase me anymore. Actually, I don't even take note of it being a factor. Real life is of course different but for anime I remember when that stuff weirded me out but now it doesn't even effect me.

SlugZilla 2005-12-19 21:19

The "V" sign with your hand when taking a picture. Other than the fact that everyone in Japan does this unconciously, this is seen in a lot of anime I watched.

silviachan 2005-12-19 21:20

when feeling excited or happy I sometimes join my fists under my chin, or add Japanese words (I've been studying it for 3 years, that's why) such as hai, ureshii, kawaii, ne, yo, or name suffixes like chan or kun. San is less used because I act like that when I'm with friends who love anime or with my boyfriend who knows I'm crazy about Japan and anime! :heh:

Lady Yanami 2005-12-19 22:12

I walk with my hands behind my head, push up my glasses with my middle finger, point at my face when I talk about myself, sometimes talk in 3rd person, call people baka, I make the V sign for victory, I nod my head and say mmm mmm for yes heh

DJjazzyjeff 2005-12-20 00:12

Sometimes I find myself jumping and grunting alot.

propa03 2005-12-20 01:22

I say hai and ne, i'm a middle finger glasses pusher, and when I get annoyed at someone talking I'll call them baka. I also say yatta sometimes...

Aristophanes 2005-12-20 01:41

I crouch down when I'm waiting in line. Got some weird looks during exams. It's great for circulation though!!:)