AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Shinobi2013 2013-11-26 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4922613)
Damashii I still don't get why people collect those. They're overpriced, roughly 1/144 scale action figures.

And besides, the details you get with MGs completely blow Damashii out of the water.

Young padawan, there are two kinds of people who buy Gundam figures: 1. those who are not willing to build because of their own reasons(time constraints, responsibilities or just freakin lazy) and just settle on already built and prepainted just like an action figures 2. Those who are willing to build and paint them(optional) because it's more thrilling than just taking them out from mint or box.

~Destiny~ 2013-11-26 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4922649)
Young padawan, there are two kinds of people who buy Gundam figures: 1. those who are not willing to build because of their own reasons(time constraints, responsibilities or just freakin lazy) and just settle on already built and prepainted just like an action figures 2. Those who are willing to build and paint them(optional) because it's more thrilling than just taking them out from mint or box.

Zzz you say that like people can't be both :rolleyes:

suiton629 2013-11-26 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4922649)
Young padawan, there are two kinds of people who buy Gundam figures: 1. those who are not willing to build because of their own reasons(time constraints, responsibilities or just freakin lazy) and just settle on already built and prepainted just like an action figures 2. Those who are willing to build and paint them(optional) because it's more thrilling than just taking them out from mint or box.

I know. But I just think it's silly for people to spend $40+ on a figure like that.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-26 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4922654)
Zzz you say that like people can't be both :rolleyes:


Well, a person who is both number 1 and 2 can be counted :heh:

One more thing is that Robot Damashiis are more safer to play with than gunplas which is more prone to breakage.

suiton629 2013-11-26 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4922664)
Well, a person who is both number 1 and 2 can be counted :heh:

One more thing is that Robot Damashiis are more safer to play with than gunplas which is more prone to breakage.

Well do people actually play with GunPla? They're models. You take your time to build it and optionally paint/detail it and display it. I guess if you were to play, it'd be with SD.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-26 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4922667)
Well do people actually play with GunPla? They're models. You take your time to build it and optionally paint/detail it and display it. I guess if you were to play, it'd be with SD.

Why do you think there are so many complaints about people breaking gunpla parts? They play with them.
If bandai wanted to make them 100% for modellers then they would remove articulation and gimmicks and mold all kits in white plastic.
But that would cause a shit storm as there are so many people out there that either play with their kits or never bother painting.

Appel 2013-11-26 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4922667)
Well do people actually play with GunPla? They're models. You take your time to build it and optionally paint/detail it and display it. I guess if you were to play, it'd be with SD.

Generally both Gunpla and the RD figures are considered to be for "adult collectors" but I suppose the RD figures can be used as a toy as well.
Gunpla would be too annoying as a toy because parts would pop off all the time XD

Progress shot since Sworra wanted photos :P
http://abload.de/img/dsc_4462y6qw0.jpg

So far so good! But it kinda does feel like a "big MG" that just has more pieces.

But that's all I have today, I am a huge klutz and cut my thumb a little with my knife and I don't want to bleed on the pieces >__>

Skye629 2013-11-26 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4922214)
Angel strike? NO thanks, there are limits. I preferred the first episodes when it was just skill and not again the stupid newtype/miracle brol.

Actually I think it will still come down to skill, from what we have seen, many if not all of the newer generation are going to using Plavsky Particle exploits of some form or another

So for now most of them seem to be on a somewhat even playing field (somewhat uncertain due to how little info we have on the exploits/abilities)




New/Official Sazabi Box Art:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vkI3HWHnC-...BANM131218.jpg

StratoSpear 2013-11-26 20:55

It looks even more menacing now.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-26 22:46

Akatsuki pre topcoat = lame

Akatsuki post topcoat = MY EYES! SO GLORIOUS!

duotiga 2013-11-26 23:17

Is there a problem collecting robot damashii?

suiton629 2013-11-26 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4922959)
Is there a problem collecting robot damashii?

No. There is no problem collection Damashii figures. As a matter of fact, there is nothing wrong with collecting anything as long as it doesn't affect your real life responsibilities (work, school, family, friends, etc) and as long as you don't go too crazy buying too much at once.. =P

Personally, I just don't think it's worth it so that's why I mainly buy MGs.

duotiga 2013-11-26 23:22

FYI this is a sarcastic remark to your question
I do collect both model kit & robot damashii

Latest damashii

Sworra 2013-11-27 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4922689)
Generally both Gunpla and the RD figures are considered to be for "adult collectors" but I suppose the RD figures can be used as a toy as well.
Gunpla would be too annoying as a toy because parts would pop off all the time XD

Progress shot since Sworra wanted photos :P
http://abload.de/img/dsc_4462y6qw0.jpg

So far so good! But it kinda does feel like a "big MG" that just has more pieces.

But that's all I have today, I am a huge klutz and cut my thumb a little with my knife and I don't want to bleed on the pieces >__>

I'm really impressed with the gold. It certainly pops out. Is that spray can or airbrush? Are you also going to paint the armor parts or just leave it how it is and use top coat? Nice job so far :) keep it up!!! NEED MORE UPDATES!!!

firefox 2013-11-27 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4922959)
Is there a problem collecting robot damashii?

suiton will probably find a problem, he's good at that :D

No there is no problem, i collect them myself, i have about 50 of them, just pre-ordered outframe and Kshatriya.

Not alot of comment on them here, but i'm always willing to discuss. I collect them more an more because of lack of time to build the equivalent model.

I'll post some collection pictures in the future, need to take new ones anyway.

firefox 2013-11-27 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4922864)
Actually I think it will still come down to skill, from what we have seen, many if not all of the newer generation are going to using Plavsky Particle exploits of some form or another

So for now most of them seem to be on a somewhat even playing field (somewhat uncertain due to how little info we have on the exploits/abilities)




New/Official Sazabi Box Art:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vkI3HWHnC-...BANM131218.jpg

For some reason i would have preferred it would open up in the same style as NU with green lighting emenating from everywhere. This is overkill.

Skye629 2013-11-27 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4923117)
For some reason i would have preferred it would open up in the same style as NU with green lighting emenating from everywhere. This is overkill.

Its mechanical detail porn lol

Would not have made as much sense to make it like the Nu though, that move was more to draw in more customers, as well as throw in a little more connection to the Unicorn, which draws its lineage from the Nu






6800 Yen, trullz

This really should have been an online exclusive, the only reason anyone would buy this over the standard complete one (4500 yen) is for the collectors who wants the whole Unicorn HGUC lineup on their shelve

Unless of course, the kit has ALL the parts to make both versions.........which then its actually a nice buy for those who don't have one already
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pzWjmtbWKe...0731-16809.jpg

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-27 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4923130)
6800 Yen, trullz

This really should have been an online exclusive, the only reason anyone would buy this over the standard complete one (4500 yen) is for the collectors who wants the whole Unicorn HGUC lineup on their shelve

Unless of course, the kit has ALL the parts to make both versions.........which then its actually a nice buy for those who don't have one already
*SNIP KHSATRIYA*

Probably this

Even Bandai wasn't that insane, they want profit not a botch.

Appel 2013-11-27 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4923013)
I'm really impressed with the gold. It certainly pops out. Is that spray can or airbrush? Are you also going to paint the armor parts or just leave it how it is and use top coat? Nice job so far :) keep it up!!! NEED MORE UPDATES!!!

I used Tamiya spray paint. I just don't have the time to bust out my airbrush right now plus it's way too cold for that. I don't have a spray booth so I'd have to do it outside or at a window, so water would condense inside the hose which would ruin the paintjob.
With spray paint I painted all the pieces on the sprues within 30 minutes^^ And from what I have heard I don't have to worry about nubs on the frame, most of them are hidden.
And I won't paint or topcoat the armor. I don't really have the time for that. The quality of the plastic is fine, especially since the surface isn't as shiny as the Bandai plastic. I'll just try to hide the nubs as best as I can.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-27 06:21

I live in a mountainous region and this is rainy season, so it's often cold and moist outside.

Dealing with the last two gunpla I bought and assemble, I utilize super high pressure can and ye old lightbulb to avoid weather interference.

By that, I put the can in a pot of boiling water, works wonder for increasing the softness and reducing aerosol size. I dried the parts indoor with 50 W light bulb at close proximity.

Then again, I didn't paint a lot of parts, mostly small detail or as sticker replacement.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.