AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Wild Goose 2014-04-03 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireminer (Post 5067647)
Get a GM Sniper, Goose. Or make yourself a GM II Semi-Striker like me - it's not that hard.

Note below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5067486)
Also, I unboxed my GM Sniper II and my Stark Jegan, took a look at them and all...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5067667)
Thats what Im doing actually xD, but its gonna have the Amazing Binder, the K0 Sniper Rifle, and a slight color change on some parts

Tbh I think the fastest way to get an ECOAS Stark Jegan is to repaint the Stark Jegan in ECOAS colors and then apply the ECOAS decals and the ECOAS Jegan head. :p Since I'm tsundere for painting and coloring, that's not an option that's open to me. :p Definitely easier than trying to kitbash an ECOAS Jegan into a Stark Jegan.... maybe. :heh: Will experiment when I get my ECOAS Jegan next month. (Then again I could experiement with my bog standard Jegan; the ECOAS Jegan is basically a remold.)

Quote:

The only EF kit I can think of that has the left trigger hand is the HGUC GR ReZEL Commander Type, all you need to do is rake the handplate and swap it with whatever kit you are giving it to (though u lose the capability to pose it with both cannons afterwards)
Yet another kit I need to save up and work towards. :heh:

Quote:

Jesta is a nice kit, nubs are a bit of a pain though since its a darker kit, Im actually building it right now (brothers actually, but he's lazy enough to tell me to build it for him, lol)
I'm saving the Jesta to be a kit for next year, anticipating 1) price drop, and 2) my skills have improved enough that I can make a damn nice looking Jesta.

Fireminer 2014-04-03 00:54

No, I mean the one in 08th MS team. RGM-79(G) GM Sniper?

GM III?

Skye629 2014-04-03 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5067711)
Tbh I think the fastest way to get an ECOAS Stark Jegan is to repaint the Stark Jegan in ECOAS colors and then apply the ECOAS decals and the ECOAS Jegan head. :p Since I'm tsundere for painting and coloring, that's not an option that's open to me. :p Definitely easier than trying to kitbash an ECOAS Jegan into a Stark Jegan.... maybe. :heh: Will experiment when I get my ECOAS Jegan next month. (Then again I could experiement with my bog standard Jegan; the ECOAS Jegan is basically a remold.)

Actually its not

The ECOAS armor is different from the Stark's in some areas, notably the head, chest, frontskirts, feet, backpack etc.

And it has different accessories, more in line with the standard Jegan kit from CCA but with a different head (add on visor) and new bazooka (while retaining the standard jegan rifle and shield)

Wild Goose 2014-04-03 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5067752)
Actually its not

The ECOAS armor is different from the Stark's in some areas, notably the head, chest, frontskirts, feet, backpack etc.

And it has different accessories, more in line with the standard Jegan kit from CCA but with a different head (add on visor) and new bazooka (while retaining the standard jegan rifle and shield)

Gonna havta do a side-by-side comparison when I get my Jegan, ECOAS and Stark lined up, but IIRC the ECOAS and Jegan are almost 100% identical, and the areas you mentioned are where the Stark differs from the Jegan.

Skye629 2014-04-03 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5067840)
Gonna havta do a side-by-side comparison when I get my Jegan, ECOAS and Stark lined up, but IIRC the ECOAS and Jegan are almost 100% identical, and the areas you mentioned are where the Stark differs from the Jegan.

I'll let the image do most of the talking :)

In summary though the only parts that are universal between ALL 3 are the arms, hands, legs (excluding feet), and the core waist section

The ECOAS design wise is actually more closely related to the Stark, as they both share the D-Type Jegan core, while the normal Jegan kit is the CCA design (however in terms of weapons the ECOAS and standard Jegan are nearly identical with the only difference being the bazooka)

http://juniorgundam.files.wordpress....04/jeganss.jpg

ZeroXSEED 2014-04-03 03:52

Why is normal Jegan looks the best of all :/

Wild Goose 2014-04-03 04:30

Hmmmm. Interesting.

...and now I really want to buy the ECOAS JEgan and assemble it, and see if I can really mate Stark Jegan parts to it. :heh:

wavehawk 2014-04-03 05:46

I hate the normal Jegan design. Not a fan of the huge shoulders. I used to call it the green coffin. The RGM-89D version (The one used in Unicorn) looks a bit better in terms of style.

Essentially, the 'normal' Jegan is the first RGM-89 Jegan. It has many variations, like the ECOAS and Stark Jegan versions, but there's also the variants seen in F91 (that have not yet been made into kits):
http://www.oocities.org/gundam_formula91/rgm-89j.gifhttp://www.reocities.com/gundam_formula91/rgm-89r.jpg

Fireminer 2014-04-03 07:50

Agree with you. I think that the chest and shoulders of GM III are still better. And the face - it would be better if they remove the large forehead and replaced it with a standard sensor.

By the way, anyone know a kind of gold paint that is actually shiny? Or how to do it with Tamiya Gold Leaf. I just can't do it like the picture.

ZeroXSEED 2014-04-03 08:22

use black primer first, THEN use gold, THEN use gloss/semigloss coat instead of flat/matte. This applies to anything metallic, including silver and chrome.

I learn it the hard way with my Overflag that primer are indispensable.
http://s23.postimg.org/7bx55id7v/010510_0050.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/cm23wsxgr/010510_0050_001.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/wj815rgbv/010510_0051.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/wqvo29raj/010510_0052.jpg
http://s23.postimg.org/e4xi1s417/020110_2347.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/ecl4yaezv/020110_2347_001.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/72zkfl0ff/020110_2347_002.jpg

Wild Goose 2014-04-03 10:27

...I'm guessing black primer is NOT the black color that's in the gundam markers, right? <.<

Anyway did some experimenting. Used my set of AGE markers to try and do some touch up on my GM Command. Marking is kinda tricky. :heh:

Have decided: I am more interested in building my Stark Jegan, so I will start work on that gunpla. Boxing the GM Sniper II and Jegan for now.

Skye629 2014-04-03 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireminer (Post 5068007)
Agree with you. I think that the chest and shoulders of GM III are still better. And the face - it would be better if they remove the large forehead and replaced it with a standard sensor.

By the way, anyone know a kind of gold paint that is actually shiny? Or how to do it with Tamiya Gold Leaf. I just can't do it like the picture.

Here is how they do it:

- Primer
- Tamiya Gold Leaf
- Tamiya Clear Yellow
- Gloss topcoat

TADAAA

This is the richer gold version, like what you would imagine in a pirate treasure chest, shiny pure deep gold (like what you see on the official Banshee models)

If you want a paler/lighter gold, do the same steps, but instead use silver instead of gold leaf, the clear yellow will provide the gold color while the silver would make it lighter

The topcoat is not essential, but if you don't want it to scratch I highly recommend it

Skye629 2014-04-03 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5067887)
Hmmmm. Interesting.

...and now I really want to buy the ECOAS JEgan and assemble it, and see if I can really mate Stark Jegan parts to it. :heh:

You can, its all the same parts minus the chests which are different (cant swap/kitbash them without modding)

So you can throw onto the ECOAS the shoulder armor/missile pods, the backpack, arm armor, and the leg armor + thrusters. Can even swap around the Bazooka's/Rifle's if you want too. Note though that the shield still needs the arm to be free, so if you use it, you are going to have to leave an arm without the stark jegans arm armor

This is what Im going to be doing :)

Wild Goose 2014-04-03 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5068599)
This is what Im going to be doing :)

*rubs hands with glee*

Now I'm regretting not getting the ECOAS instead of the normal Jegan. Oh well.

And anyway you're not supposed to use a shield with a Stark Jegan. XD

Skye629 2014-04-04 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5068760)
*rubs hands with glee*

Now I'm regretting not getting the ECOAS instead of the normal Jegan. Oh well.

And anyway you're not supposed to use a shield with a Stark Jegan. XD

The only regret is coming from your wallet, since you are going to end up with all of them at this rate

And by the time Im done, its not gonna be a Stark Jegan anymore :)

ZeroXSEED 2014-04-04 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5068962)
The only regret is coming from your wallet, since you are going to end up with all of them at this rate

All of them you say? :cool:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Wild Goose 2014-04-04 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5068962)
The only regret is coming from your wallet, since you are going to end up with all of them at this rate

Thing is, I much prefer the ECOAS Jegan to the Normal Jegan. :heh: I shoulda just swallowed that 10 extra bucks.

Quote:

And by the time Im done, its not gonna be a Stark Jegan anymore :)
Well, please post pics when you do.

On my part, I'm going to build my Stark JEgan, start assembly tonight. Once I'm done, I'll take photos, line it, etc, and then after I get my ECOAS Jegan, I'm gonna try make an ECOAS Stark Jegan. XD

Tormenk 2014-04-04 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5067887)
Hmmmm. Interesting.

...and now I really want to buy the ECOAS JEgan and assemble it, and see if I can really mate Stark Jegan parts to it. :heh:

It is possible to do so.

http://gunpla-inochi.com/hg/hg-1144-...an-ecoas-type/

You might want to hold off on following that link if you want to savor how cool the Stark ECOAS Jegan looks by doing your own. :p

Wild Goose 2014-04-04 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5069273)
It is possible to do so.

http://gunpla-inochi.com/hg/hg-1144-...an-ecoas-type/

You might want to hold off on following that link if you want to savor how cool the Stark ECOAS Jegan looks by doing your own. :p

Too late, already saw. :p

Fuckit, I'm ordering a Jegan ECOAS next month to make my own Stark Jegan ECOAS.

wavehawk 2014-04-04 07:56

I have to say it and troll you all so you have ideas of building this someday.

ECOAS Jegan Sam Fisher Custom (because, y'know, the goggles do something)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.