AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101625)

CrowKenobi 2011-02-03 02:30

Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force Manga Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force (Magical War Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha Force) manga series written by Masaki Tsuzuki and illustrated by Yukari Higa serialized in Nyantype magazine since April, 2009.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Linking to scan sites or individual scanlating group sites are forbidden. An acceptable alternative is the series page on Mangaupdates.com.
  • Speculation and what-not is welcome. To make it easier on your fellow forum members, please enclose such speculation in clearly marked spoiler tags.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Koveras Alvane 2011-02-03 03:19

Oookay, first post in the new thread... This has been bugging me: in the old thread, I have seen the suggestion that the loss against the Hucks will be a huge blow to TSAB's reputation. But don't you think that the Bureau will most likely cover the whole thing up? ^^ The battle took place over an ocean in a world where no magical surveillance radars are supposed to exist. So unless the Hucks come out to the world and make their own publicity, the whole matter will stay within the TSAB.

PS: Page claim for Shamal's intimate healing techniques. :3

Kikaifan 2011-02-03 03:32

I don't see why it'd be that terrible for their reputation. They do a dangerous job, they're going to have losses.

vic-vic 2011-02-03 03:32

I don`t think that Hucks want for entire dimension sea to know about them, so i doubt that they say a word about the event.

To be honest i more interested in Hucks and Touma interaction with his new "family".

Koveras Alvane 2011-02-03 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikaifan (Post 3469577)
I don't see why it'd be that terrible for their reputation. They do a dangerous job, they're going to have losses.

I think the argumentation was that if news got out that the TSAB's finest were sent after the guys who killed innocent civilians on Ruwella and Easter and utterly failed, the populace would question the point of spending their taxes on the Bureau (who are supposed to protect them), BetrayerS-style. Or something.

Arkeus 2011-02-03 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane (Post 3469581)
I think the argumentation was that if news got out that the TSAB's finest were sent after the guys who killed innocent civilians on Ruwella and Easter and utterly failed, the populace would question the point of spending their taxes on the Bureau (who are supposed to protect them), BetrayerS-style. Or something.

.... that sounds really weird.

It would be like you deciding to stop sending tax because a company of your army got nuked or something.

Akiyoshi 2011-02-03 03:53

LOL last post of the manga theread xD!.

Well, about the reputation thing i'm thinkin more of their image whitn the defense forces, of course they can cover the incident to the public but my guess is that probably they can't be so lucky to hide it from other related organization(The Saint church, Ground Forces and the like), thus starting a possible internal conflict that probably is what the people behind the Huckebein's actions wants to provoke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vic-vic (Post 3469579)
To be honest i more interested in Hucks and Touma interaction with his new "family".

That is if Tohma resolves to "relate" with them(or any other living being xDU). also he already has a family, hope that subaru and th numbers make an appearance to trying to "rescue" Tohma.

Kikaifan 2011-02-03 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane (Post 3469581)

Pretty unrealistic. When cops get shot do people go 'the police are totally ineffective, let's disband them'?

I mean if you look at real life, militaries constantly hype up the threat posed by foreign powers to get more funding, and it works (see the UK regarding Russia now and for the last two hundred years). People want more protection when they're in danger, not less.

And in-series we know that stuff like the Book of Darkness has caused the TSAB considerable problems, including the loss of ships, before. I don't think the setting is so safe that losses will be a shock to the populace. Midchilda is covered in ruined cities, and their civilization is built on the ruins of the Belkans'. Those kind of things affect cultural consciousness; I would expect the populace to be remarkably stoic if anything.

Akiyoshi 2011-02-03 04:02

They didn't look very stoic during the assault at Riot Force 6's HQ

Arkeus 2011-02-03 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiyoshi (Post 3469601)
They didn't look very stoic during the assault at Riot Force 6's HQ

what are you referring too? where there didn't they look stoic?

When Jail was making his sale's pitch for cyborgs?

FRS 2011-02-03 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane (Post 3469567)
Oookay, first post in the new thread... This has been bugging me: in the old thread, I have seen the suggestion that the loss against the Hucks will be a huge blow to TSAB's reputation...

I really dont see that happening, IMO it's should be more (as IRL) some bombastic declaration from the TSBA (the TSBA declare that it will never cower from terrorist !) and get more funding for their "they are not ballistic weapon i swear your honnor" project.

Tiresias 2011-02-03 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by akiyoshi (Post 3468496)
i liked the previous theory of the aec being protoptypes of future alt-modes for the real devices, i know this is very unlikely but it will be cool.

I still cling to that hope, btw :p (hey, a man can dream)

Quote:

Btw, if i remember correct war hammer's next design says something about the lines of being a prototype for mass production ....somehow the mental image of a regular tsab soldier wielding a vita-style giant hammer cracks me up xdddd!!!
Widely-used Strike Cannon and Warhammer, hmm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by estavali (Post 3469285)
[...]unfortunately it seems that his enthusiaism in srw (and perhaps fan and corporate pressure) has weakened his storytelling to showing off new mecha parts (where now art thou, magic?) and one-on-one show-downs, instead of developing better tactics (i want my group fights, thank you very much, since the bureau is an enforcement group afterall and should place teamwork over individual heroism/show-offs)[...]

I share the pain, especially the group fights one...:(

Either Tsuzuki actually did try to turn this into a war story but failed to properly research or he just add 'War' in the title so it sounds 'cool' (I'm guessing the latter)

Quote:

Originally Posted by koveras alvane (Post 3469567)
But don't you think that the bureau will most likely cover the whole thing up? ^^ the battle took place over an ocean in a world where no magical surveillance radars are supposed to exist. So unless the hucks come out to the world and make their own publicity, the whole matter will stay within the tsab.

The possibility exist, however...

Quote:

This has been bugging me: In the old thread, i have seen the suggestion that the loss against the hucks will be a huge blow to tsab's reputation.

Spoiler for Conspiracy Theory (no, not the Mel gibson movie):

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRS (Post 3469631)
I really dont see that happening, IMO it's should be more (as IRL) some bombastic declaration from the TSBA (the TSBA declare that it will never cower from terrorist !) and get more funding for their "they are not ballistic weapon i swear your honnor" project.

Step 1: Make rousing declarations like "Remember Vaizen!" or sing "TSAB rules the Dimensional Waves!"
Step 2: Display on all media that "We Do Not Negotiate with Terrorists!"
Step 3: Increase weapons funding
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit

WarpObscura 2011-02-03 08:38

Man, I'm glad the split was made. The old thread made me Archive Panic and scared me off.

Did we ever discuss who should be the seiyuu for the Hucks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 3469700)
Widely-used Strike Cannon and Warhammer, hmm?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of that punny joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 3469700)
Spoiler for Conspiracy Theory (no, not the Mel gibson movie):

I think you meant "scapegoats".

Sheba 2011-02-03 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarpObscura (Post 3469833)
Man, I'm glad the split was made. The old thread made me Archive Panic and scared me off.

My Opinion:

Squall/Not Squall: Tomokazu Seki (Sousuke Sagara in Full Metal Panic)

Deville: Juurouta Kousugi (Kouma Kishima in Melty Blood, Jotaro Kujo in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Klaus Ushiromiya in Umineko)

Cypha: Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy in Black Lagoon), or Yuu Kobayashi (Lala Gonzales in School Rumble, that trap in MariaHolic), or Sayaka Ohara (Beatrice in Umineko, Alicia in Aria), or Kikuko Inoue (I-no in Guilty Gear X2 onward)

Loli: Miyuki Sawashiro

Tiresias 2011-02-03 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarpObscura (Post 3469833)

We did, along, long time ago in some posts far far away...

My opinion:
Fortis: Jun Fukuyama/Hiroshi Kamiya (both have played smug bastards who deserve a kick in the groin)
DeVille: Daisuke Ono (face reminds me of Shizuo)
Arnage: Megumi Toyoguchi (hot-pants and bullet spam reminds me of Revi/Rebbi)

Quote:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of that punny joke.
Tsuzuki may be inspired by SRW but my mind keeps making the WH40K connection :p

Quote:

I think you meant "scapegoats".
Why use the "MS6 sucks" card when you have the "avenge them" card instead? :confused:

WarpObscura 2011-02-03 09:41

^A martyr is someone immortalised for dying for a cause to be supported, yes? Whereas scapegoats are people you pin the blame for failure on. So which are we talking about here?

Tiresias 2011-02-03 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarpObscura (Post 3469879)
^A martyr is someone immortalised for dying for a cause to be supported, yes? Whereas scapegoats are people you pin the blame for failure on. So which are we talking about here?

Which one is this?

Spoiler for Go tell the Midchildan, stranger passing by:

Or maybe they can revive Simonedes/make a simulation of him so he can make a better one, I'm no poet :heh:

--

I forgot, but my preference for the rest of Force Seiyuu guessing:
Touma: Yuuichi Nakamura
Isis: Nakajima Megumi
Lily: Aya Endo

Sheba 2011-02-03 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 3469890)
--

I forgot, but my preference for the rest of Force Seiyuu guessing:
Touma: Yuuichi Nakamura
Isis: Nakajima Megumi
Lily: Aya Endo

Lol the Macross Frontier trio.

Kaijo 2011-02-03 11:51

I think the point, is that if RF6 "loses" against the Hucks (even a mutual withdrawal "tie" type situation), it could influence how the higher ups deal with RF6. Whether they allow the organization to continue, to add new bosses or personnel to it. At the least, it might be a slightl mark against Hayate and influence whether she can form RF6 again in the future.

00-Raiser 2011-02-03 11:55

I think the whole Jail thing would have been a big blow to the Bureau's credibility, though it's never touched upon. That's probably going to be the case here as well.