AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Tormenk 2009-09-05 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2627754)
Is HG Reborns Gundam cheaper at the Fiesta (39) or at normal hobby shops? I mean, I really want it, but if it's more expensive, then I'd rather wait.

Oh, and the sharpie markers you mentioned - where can I get them? I'm relatively new to gunpla, so please guide me along >_<

Hobby shops have them cheaper for sure, around 6 bucks less, but they might come in one or two weeks later than the 10th, at the earliest if they do.

As for the markers, you can try stationary shops or Popular branches.

bio9205 2009-09-05 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2626985)
Now I'm hoping there aren't too many stickers on the Reborns, since the chest piece is a clear part over a sticker. =/

Is that true? The clear part? Good if it is - I was worried it would just be a sticker over the whole part, like the R2's ass armour >_>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2627798)
Hobby shops have them cheaper for sure, around 6 bucks less, but they might come in one or two weeks later than the 10th, at the earliest if they do.

Hmm, I called Hobby Point, they didn't have the pricing yet... Anyone can check beforehand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2627798)
As for the markers, you can try stationary shops or Popular branches.

Thanks!

bio9205 2009-09-06 02:04

Hmm, another thing, is there an alternative for Gundam markers for panel lining? Mine's run out, and I don't plan on buying them anytime soon... What kind of pens/markers, and where to get them?

Sir Dearka 2009-09-06 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusawateva (Post 2625702)
GNZ squad... *drools*

I just love'em. Waiting for HG GaGa and (eventually, if ever) for HG Hillling's Gadessa to complete it :]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn (Post 2625743)
Gotta love the Detolf display case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2626087)
i got the same shelf as u lol, its quite cheap coming from IKEA, but the build quality is quite average, as it wobbles if theres a moderate force applied to it or if ur moving it... running out of room on mine though lol

I am happy with mine so far :)

---

After looking at the booklet of Hail Buster and the images of Regen Duel I feel too tempted to buy them. Somebody stop me :P

SEED rocks! ;D

Spoiler for Shinn slashes through SEED haters:

darkstrife 2009-09-06 05:18

^^^ Sir dearka, just wondering with your kits, do u paint them at all or is it just straight from the box? cos looking at ur last few pics, they are really impressive...

Sir Dearka 2009-09-06 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2628223)
^^^ Sir dearka, just wondering with your kits, do u paint them at all or is it just straight from the box? cos looking at ur last few pics, they are really impressive...

Thanks for a good word. :D

When you look at the kits closely, you still could see the crude spots once attached to the panels. Which means I just decal and panel-line them. But I like it that way. somehow makes me feel better that even the non-Gundam modellers could notice that they were actually assembled manually :) Plus I like them looiking exactly that way.

As for my last kits, I am somehow astonished how much the Gaddess release contributed to my collection. A special attachable new stand for Cherudim's shield bits and a beautiful blue Anew's suit. That was just too good to be true :)

RAVNEN 2009-09-06 06:54

@sir dearka

Well i don't want to stop you...:heh: After a closer look at Hail Buster at hobby shop last friday,i too tempted to buy it. Anyone who had the old Buster should buy it to complete the collection...:D


Ok,finally i've the 1/100 Gail Strike.So far it really satisfied me,no problem while assembling it.The tricky part for me is to put the white sticker on it faceplate.Yes it use sticker not a seperate part.

It can also turn into old Strike minus the backpack of course heh.I just love the head design,look unique to me.:D

http://img246.imageshack.us/i/photo0283.jpg/

http://img199.imageshack.us/i/photo0282c.jpg/

Code 2009-09-06 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2628273)
Thanks for a good word. :D

When you look at the kits closely, you still could see the crude spots once attached to the panels. Which means I just decal and panel-line them. But I like it that way. somehow makes me feel better that even the non-Gundam modellers could notice that they were actually assembled manually :) Plus I like them looiking exactly that way.

As for my last kits, I am somehow astonished how much the Gaddess release contributed to my collection. A special attachable new stand for Cherudim's shield bits and a beautiful blue Anew's suit. That was just too good to be true :)

Hmm, but you do sand them down to get rid of the plastic shine, don't you?

duotiga 2009-09-06 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2628340)
@sir dearka

Well i don't want to stop you...:heh: After a closer look at Hail Buster at hobby shop last friday,i too tempted to buy it. Anyone who had the old Buster should buy it to complete the collection...:D


Ok,finally i've the 1/100 Gail Strike.So far it really satisfied me,no problem while assembling it.The tricky part for me is to put the white sticker on it faceplate.Yes it use sticker not a seperate part.

It can also turn into old Strike minus the backpack of course heh.I just love the head design,look unique to me.:D

http://img246.imageshack.us/i/photo0283.jpg/

http://img199.imageshack.us/i/photo0282c.jpg/

just fixed my gale strike too....but i find need a stand to look better on flying =\
got hail buster too but not yet fix =x

RAVNEN 2009-09-06 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2628454)
just fixed my gale strike too....but i find need a stand to look better on flying =\
got hail buster too but not yet fix =x

Oh,true..true.At first i find the Gail Strike with it backpack on it are hard to stand properly.Make me nervous try pose it,maybe because of it stiff joints.:D

Please share some pics of the Hail Buster will ya..:D

Tormenk 2009-09-06 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2628027)
Hmm, another thing, is there an alternative for Gundam markers for panel lining? Mine's run out, and I don't plan on buying them anytime soon... What kind of pens/markers, and where to get them?

Pencils or mechanical pencils for thinner lines. Width 01 or 005 pens for thicker black lines. I'm using a mix of pilot drawing pens and sakura pigma micorn pens depending on the lines I'm going over.

Popular is a great place to find stationary substitutes for gunpla. I get my gold and silver markers for detailing master grades from there as well. Look around and try the offerings there, since it's purely a matter of personal preference in the end.

yusawateva 2009-09-06 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2628587)
Pencils or mechanical pencils for thinner lines. Width 01 or 005 pens for thicker black lines. I'm using a mix of pilot drawing pens and sakura pigma micorn pens depending on the lines I'm going over.

Popular is a great place to find stationary substitutes for gunpla. I get my gold and silver markers for detailing master grades from there as well. Look around and try the offerings there, since it's purely a matter of personal preference in the end.

theres Popular in HK but sadly not here in america T_T
THERES NOTHING HERE!

Critias 2009-09-06 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2628340)

Ok,finally i've the 1/100 Gail Strike.So far it really satisfied me,no problem while assembling it.The tricky part for me is to put the white sticker on it faceplate.Yes it use sticker not a seperate part.

A sticker? crap, i thought it was actual new parts for the face. Hate stickers (but decals are fine). :(

Okamidum 2009-09-06 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 2628744)
A sticker? crap, i thought it was actual new parts for the face. Hate stickers (but decals are fine). :(

Eh I dont like stickers for small things like that :[

Okamidum 2009-09-06 13:13

Anyone have any tips on dry transfers, and what to do to keep them nice and not falling off.

X207 2009-09-06 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 2627172)

It stands fine.

The only Innovator suit that really has trouble for me is the Gadessa, but only when I equip the GN Mega Launcher. The launcher-less Gadessa stands well enough.

ty for the info. i understand the problems you can have with gadessa. i initially had that problem with my 100 lunamaria zaku until i leaned back the torso a bit.

Sir Dearka 2009-09-06 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2628340)
@sir dearka

Well i don't want to stop you...:heh: After a closer look at Hail Buster at hobby shop last friday,i too tempted to buy it. Anyone who had the old Buster should buy it to complete the collection...:D

Yeah, I guess I am just obliged to ;) But have to wait till my financial situation stabilises :] And the pilot of Hail Buster is cool, too. Blue spiky hair and roguish EF style. Gotta love him :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code (Post 2628362)
Hmm, but you do sand them down to get rid of the plastic shine, don't you?

Nope. Just scratch off the excess of plastic. i tend to leave too many scratches on the areas around the sanded spot, so I just don't sand it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF8013.jpg

SonicSP 2009-09-06 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2625975)
Would this be the first time a Gundam series had the mobile suits become bigger, rather than smaller?

*points to Gundam F91 and V Gundam*


And CelestialNocturne, I didn't know the Flag was cool at all.:p

Well it only goes for the Federation and A-LAWS designs though,Celestial Being's design is around the same though Arios is slightly larger.Considering that most of the A-LAWS desings harbors Gundam-lookslike inside covered by armor,its not that surprising.00 Raiser looks quite large as well,when you compare it side by side with an A-LAWS suit,though 00 Gundam looks much smaller.

The Ragnant in MS Mode is pretty huge though.



Question:Can someone remind me again on how to do the Garazzo GN Claw split-technique?The one that seperates them into five different blades,because I'm thinking of doing it with mine soon.

calubin_175 2009-09-06 18:24

Mobile Suit upsizing has been done since the end of One Year War up until some time in the UC 0110 when technology stagnated. I think the main reason behind it was to facilitate lasrger generators and complex internal mechanisms. Don't forget that even the AEU and Union upsized their Hellions and Realdos to counteract against the taller Tierens.

SonicSP 2009-09-06 19:11

Really hoping the upcoming HG 00 will have its own GN Feathers too.Though I doubt it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.