AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Garo: Seal of Flames (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=128546)

KleenexGhost 2014-03-22 22:38

Garo: Seal of Flames

http://www.koi-nya.net/img/subidos_p...me-de-Garo.jpg

A new anime based on the Garo tokusatsu series from Studio Mappa.

Directed by Yūichirō Hayashi

Written by Yasuko Kobayashi

Theme song more than likely to be done by Jam Project:p

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2014/03/...tle-announced/

MisaoFan 2014-10-04 03:10

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Rokumonsen 2014-10-04 04:10

No subs yet?

kuromitsu 2014-10-04 04:37

Well, this was fun. I'm not familiar with the source franchise either so I didn't know what to expect from it, but it was lots of fun, and it also looked really nice. Looking forward to the rest.

One thing though, that golden wolf helmet looked really cute and non-threatening. :heh: I suppose it's the short muzzle and the cartoonish teeth...

gecd 2014-10-04 04:40

Didn't expected this to be so good!!
Great combination of dark story, adult content ( not cheap fanservice ) and great action
Best first episode in this season so far!

Nachtwandler 2014-10-04 04:45

Still no info then Funi will air it?

Lhklan 2014-10-04 04:54

It was actually good for a Garo adaptation, though I'm a little bit weirded out by the Garo armor though. It isn't as golden or shiny as I expected, and the whole flame on one side is kinda strange.

I'm hoping that Leon already have some Horror kills under his belt, enough that we could see his 100th Horror kill and the metal horse after that.

Rokumonsen 2014-10-04 05:19

Can't resist so I watched the raw, and it didn't disappoint. The action is very Garo-esque, and the CGI is much better than the live-action.

IMO, they should've done this a long ago. Imagine the possibilities...

LightningZERO 2014-10-04 06:46

Episode 1

Spoiler:

Mitcher 2014-10-04 19:14

Spoiler for First episode:

Galaxian 2014-10-04 20:48

It is a very dark anime, probably darker than the live-action show. I'm hooked.

Lhklan 2014-10-04 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5281394)
It is a very dark anime, probably darker than the live-action show. I'm hooked.

The live action show is plenty dark though, so I'd rather not go there.

Also, I just noticed this: the clock for the first transformation. It wasn't there.

Rokumonsen 2014-10-04 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhklan (Post 5281396)
Also, I just noticed this: the clock for the first transformation. It wasn't there.

I almost forgot it. Does this they don't have the limit?!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-10-04 22:09

That's a grim beginning, but I like it! :p It fits the live-action show and the overall franchise. Needless to say, I'm in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero-2 (Post 5281483)
I almost forgot it. Does this they don't have the limit?!

That would be a bit OP wouldn't it? So I wonder about that too.

Galaxian 2014-10-04 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5281524)
That would be a bit OP wouldn't it? So I wonder about that too.

They just have to make the Horrors more fearsome to counteract it.

Though really, half the time the time limit never came into play in the live-action. I can only thing of a few times where it was actually important, and there were several fights that went beyond 99 seconds, so the anime could just ignore it.

Or, it could be that they didn't want to give too much exposition in the very first episode and we'll see the time limit come up in the next one.

KleenexGhost 2014-10-04 23:39

Couldn't wait for the subs. I really enjoyed the first episode. From the opening to the ending. That end card was adorable.:D

http://tenka.seiha.org/images2014/garo1/hmm.jpg

bakAnki 2014-10-05 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuromitsu (Post 5280663)
One thing though, that golden wolf helmet looked really cute and non-threatening. :heh: I suppose it's the short muzzle and the cartoonish teeth...

That's actually what I thought of the live action version. The helmet, mostly the actual costume, looks actually funny rather than threatening, it was when it's turned into the CGI counterpart it looks more awesomely terrifying, especially the Ryuuga/YamiTera's Garo. And the Equip and Prop action figure line took it to another level with its own redesign.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5281556)
Though really, half the time the time limit never came into play in the live-action. I can only thing of a few times where it was actually important, and there were several fights that went beyond 99 seconds, so the anime could just ignore it.

Because another half the time, the fight actually so short when Garo armor is summoned. One slash/stab short :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KleenexGhost (Post 5281660)
Couldn't wait for the subs. I really enjoyed the first episode. From the opening to the ending. That end card was adorable.:D

http://tenka.seiha.org/images2014/garo1/hmm.jpg

That was so cute. Now I want Deformeister Petit toy line of Garo :heh:

Esclair 2014-10-06 03:53

This is like KARAS, but in MEDIEVAL TIMES.

Pretty awesome first episode. With this and Rage of Bahamut, it almost seems like high fantasy is making a comeback.

Lhklan 2014-10-06 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5281556)
They just have to make the Horrors more fearsome to counteract it.

Or, it could be that they didn't want to give too much exposition in the very first episode and we'll see the time limit come up in the next one.

To be fair, from what I remember, most of the Garo prefer to change only to kill the Horror after it had changed form. So the limit didn't came into play since the Makai Kishi tend to end it fast. Whenever the time limit came into play though it's when something is going to happen involving with, like the timer running out - 0:00 - and Garo changes into the Lost Soul Beast form.

Aso, I just noticed something: The guy that attacked Leon at the end looks like he got half of Guillermo - the man who tried to kill the king only to be executioned by the "horse pulling" method.

Irenesharda 2014-10-06 08:58

After finally getting this thing subbed, I have to say...it was okay.

It really didn't blow me away or anything. The animation is nice, it's got a weird mix of CGI, classic, and abstract all wrapped into one. The story is okay, but it feels like it could be better. The characters are okay, but I can't seem to get attached to any of them so far.

It's just simply okay, which is kind of sad among so many really great premieres.

And I don't know why, but for some reason this reminds me of the Hunchback of Notre Dame for some reason. Especially the king's evil advisor, who seriously reminds me of Frollo from the Disney version if he was 30 years younger:p. Maybe it's his stance on burning all the witches at the stake, maybe it's his hat, maybe it's because this series happens to have a character named Esmeralda, maybe it's the fact the episode is called "Hellfire", but Frollo was the first character to come to my mind seeing this guy. :heh: