AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

ZeroXSEED 2014-07-17 03:40

My poor wallet

LoweGear 2014-07-17 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5184252)
My poor wallet

Your wallet was sacrificed for a noble cause, its valor shall not be forgotten.

*salute*

LoweGear 2014-07-17 05:54

Complete look at the HG Powered GM Guardian (no, it's not Cardigan):

http://i.imgur.com/ogTQiCR.jpg

So it has the NT-1 Alex's leg thrusters, and two Zeta Hyper Mega Launchers as backpack cannons.

helois 2014-07-17 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5184313)

So it has the NT-1 Alex's leg thrusters, and two Zeta Hyper Mega Launchers as backpack cannons.

sort of definition of milking.. :heh:

also the Lighting Gundam has a lot of "holes" ( :uhoh: ) and i suppose a lot of customization-overkill mode..

Skye629 2014-07-17 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5184252)
My poor Bank Account

Fixed lol

I have no idea how Im gonna be able to afford the kits I want, not even counting the new BF and G-Reco

GN0010 Nosferatu 2014-07-18 11:54

Quote:

That GM looks like it could fuck you up.

Strigon 13 2014-07-18 21:53

Quote:

Dunno you guys, but that pose says something like "you dawg, wanna have fun?"

Also in a somewhat related note, I got a job so I could afford my first MG next month... now I'm deciding between which one (I want to start with a 00 or Wing one).

StrikeFreedomV2 2014-07-19 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5185707)

Also in a somewhat related note, I got a job so I could afford my first MG next month... now I'm deciding between which one (I want to start with a 00 or Wing one).

Get the one you like the most. If you're looking for some recommendations, the 00 Raiser amd generally every Wing Kit is great

Skye629 2014-07-19 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5185707)

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 5186283)
Get the one you like the most. If you're looking for some recommendations, the 00 Raiser amd generally every Wing Kit is great

And try to avoid the Exia and GN-X unless you really like the mechs or are willing to shell out for a stand, their ankles are weak as hell (their primary flaw)

And since its your first MG I would advise against a transforming unit unless you really really really like it

Like SFV2 I think the 00 (Raiser or 7S/G) is a great place to start

Infinite Zenith 2014-07-19 21:56

The choice of MG 00 Raiser vs MG 00 Gundam Seven Swords/G will depend whether one likes the anime version of the Gundam or a "beastly war machine" variant :) I have the MG 00 SS/G and it stands just fine, with all of its weapons loaded, without leaning over or needing a stand, but I can't speak for the MG 00 Raiser since I don't have it.

Desruprot 2014-07-20 00:39

dont you find it interesting that there is an unpainted Gundam going to be featured in GBF Try? its not every typical and might be a unique twist if that thing can readily destroy competition.

LoweGear 2014-07-20 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desruprot (Post 5186764)
dont you find it interesting that there is an unpainted Gundam going to be featured in GBF Try? its not every typical and might be a unique twist if that thing can readily destroy competition.

What unpainted Gundam?

If you're talking about the Powered GM Cardigan (character reading apparently confirms it) above, prototype model kits are almost always unpainted when first revealed. Their colors are only shown in the following months leading up to the release of the kit.

Wild Goose 2014-07-20 19:58

Having seen rrobert's review of the MG Jesta... hot damn, I have got to get me one of those.

LoweGear 2014-07-20 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5187615)
Having seen rrobert's review of the MG Jesta... hot damn, I have got to get me one of those.

Considering it's the JESTA, I'm wondering why you haven't gotten it yet :p

wavehawk 2014-07-21 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5187615)

- ..you...have..NOT bought an MG Jesta?

Wild Goose Old Boy...I am dissapoint. So much.:frustrated:

Seriously, it's probably the cheapest MG available that has the new individual-jointed fingers just to start off. It's also pretty badass with just an OOB build and dullcoat. I'm almost finished with detailing mine (mostly the gun), I should post it up when I'm done.

Patriot's Blade 2014-07-21 09:12

wait, how do you pronounce the Build Fighters custom Powered GM's name again? Guardian or Cardigan? translation error?

Skye629 2014-07-21 18:21

Im all of a sudden feeling extremely guilty that I have not gotten a MG Jesta lol (mainly out of hate for cleaning up after dark colored nubs)

Wild Goose 2014-07-21 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5187774)
Considering it's the JESTA, I'm wondering why you haven't gotten it yet :p

Well, y'know, money and life and stuff. :heh: Also my sources are currently out of stock for the MG Jesta. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5188021)
- ..you...have..NOT bought an MG Jesta?

Wild Goose Old Boy...I am dissapoint. So much.:frustrated:

Seriously, it's probably the cheapest MG available that has the new individual-jointed fingers just to start off. It's also pretty badass with just an OOB build and dullcoat. I'm almost finished with detailing mine (mostly the gun), I should post it up when I'm done.

I know. I saw rrobert's review on Youtube and fell in love. It's just that I've already spent so much this year, I need to pace myself for next year.

So I've started saving up, and I promised myself that the Jesta will be my birthday present to myself, next February. :heh: And yeah it looks badass alright. And I'm definitely going to look for a red LED so that I can light it up and make it look badass.

In other news, I've been building my HGUC Jesta with a beauty file for filing down the parts. I have to say, I think I understand now why people say to file down; certainly I seem to get results I'm happier with, compared to snipping nubs with a nail clipper. On the other hand I'm definitely taking longer to build. And now I'm wondering if I actually should invest in getting a set of those Tamiya hobby files, or just stick to the beauty file I have.

...also from time to time I find I need to stop and run some water on the file to clear away the plastic dust from the nub. IIRC Zero mentioned using hand lotion on the nubs while sanding...?

Skye629 2014-07-22 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5188642)
Well, y'know, money and life and stuff. :heh: Also my sources are currently out of stock for the MG Jesta. :heh:

I know. I saw rrobert's review on Youtube and fell in love. It's just that I've already spent so much this year, I need to pace myself for next year.

So I've started saving up, and I promised myself that the Jesta will be my birthday present to myself, next February. :heh: And yeah it looks badass alright. And I'm definitely going to look for a red LED so that I can light it up and make it look badass.

In other news, I've been building my HGUC Jesta with a beauty file for filing down the parts. I have to say, I think I understand now why people say to file down; certainly I seem to get results I'm happier with, compared to snipping nubs with a nail clipper. On the other hand I'm definitely taking longer to build. And now I'm wondering if I actually should invest in getting a set of those Tamiya hobby files, or just stick to the beauty file I have.

...also from time to time I find I need to stop and run some water on the file to clear away the plastic dust from the nub. IIRC Zero mentioned using hand lotion on the nubs while sanding...?

The type of file you are using is fine, just make sure you got various grits/roughness for better finishes. Worst come to worst get some sandpaper/sanding sponges/etc.

Wild Goose 2014-07-23 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5189404)
The type of file you are using is fine, just make sure you got various grits/roughness for better finishes. Worst come to worst get some sandpaper/sanding sponges/etc.

Hmmm.... already have 1000 and 1500 grit sandpaper. Maybe I should look into sanding sponges.

Still, with one kit in progress, and another 4.5 kits pending (because seriously, Unicorn's FA parts rate being at least 0.5 Gunpla in terms of effort), and at least another 6 HGs and 1 MG planned for next year, I'm thinking that I might as well drop some extra money now on a good cutter and good set of Tamiya files, since I've been told that good sharp cutters can slice through gates like a knife through butter, leaving less stress marks on the plastic.

...also it turns out that my brother actually had a set of Tamiya files, but gave them away a decade ago. FFFFFFFffffffff. :frustrated: