AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Madoka Magica - Movie 3 Spoilers and Speculations (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120354)

Solace 2013-06-30 02:53

Madoka Magica - Movie 3 Spoilers and Speculations

DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS.

Alright, here's a thread to discuss leaked information, plot stuff, and general spoiler speculation about the third Madoka movie. ;)

bhl88 2013-07-01 00:19

Spoiler for movie discussion:

maximilianjenus 2013-07-01 09:29

Puella Magi Hitomi Magica ... we need green for the team.

[EDIT]

here are the contents of the pm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximilianjenus
there was an interview with gen, he said something something about madoka not being able to take on the witches' grief, and something something about keeping everything alive so madoka becomes this generation's gundam. later inu curry said something about witches scenes soemthing something, which prety much confirms that witches are back most likely triggered becasue something something about hitomi was mentioned.

[especulation]
by assemblign what's know it's likely that hitomi is the "green member" of the mahou shoujo team, she eventually knows that it is her fault that sayaka dissapears and that leds to her becoming a witch.

there is the chance that inu curry said witches scenes in a figurative way, but I don't see how the wraiths will work in witch barriers based on what we have been shown about them.

AuraTwilight 2013-07-01 13:21

Spoiler for Speculah:

Sasukeuzi 2013-07-01 13:54

Anyone know where to find the teaser trailer that came out a few months ago on Nico Nico?

Diveman 2013-07-01 14:17

when does the 3rd movie come out? I kinda lost track.

Lord of Fire 2013-07-02 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diveman (Post 4744163)
when does the 3rd movie come out? I kinda lost track.

October 26.

woxx 2013-07-02 01:54

Part of the movie probably will be before Homura gains Madoka's memories and powers in new world(it's the moment when Sayaka dies in 12 episode). As Gen spoiled ending must be like in 12th episode with more explanation.

Lord of Fire 2013-07-02 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Fire (Post 4744610)

And, as I kinda expected (official site didn't list it), this release date is, apparently, also bogus.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-on-october-26

bhl88 2013-07-02 13:20

Lol they are changing dates.... I expect a December listing.

AuraTwilight 2013-07-02 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by woxx (Post 4744612)
Part of the movie probably will be before Homura gains Madoka's memories and powers in new world(it's the moment when Sayaka dies in 12 episode). As Gen spoiled ending must be like in 12th episode with more explanation.

I doubt that Homura's POWERS changed in the new universe; it'd pretty much be proof of her claim when Kyubey insists she has no way to prove it. Most likely, her powers reflect the wish that Homura made in this world without knowing of Madoka's existence.

woxx 2013-07-02 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraTwilight (Post 4745185)
I doubt that Homura's POWERS changed in the new universe; it'd pretty much be proof of her claim when Kyubey insists she has no way to prove it. Most likely, her powers reflect the wish that Homura made in this world without knowing of Madoka's existence.

She is still using machine gun in trailer when fighting Mami. It may be flashback but I don't think so.(it will be too bad if they fill short movie with flashbacks) Everything is possible, Homura definitely supported by Madoka in some ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 4745150)
Lol they are changing dates.... I expect a December listing.

I think it will be the same October date, maybe it was a bit early to show the date already.

Kazu-kun 2013-07-02 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by woxx (Post 4745348)
She is still using machine gun in trailer when fighting Mami.

The machine gun scene is probably a flasback to when Homura was still looping around trying to save Madoka. That's my take until I see the movie or spoilers prove me wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woxx (Post 4745348)
it will be too bad if they fill short movie with flashbacks.

But it's exactly the kind of thing Shaft would do to troll the audience.

Triple_R 2013-07-02 22:31

I don't mind flashbacks if it's to new/extended content. Obvious examples being new scenes from one or more of Homura's time-loops, and actually getting to watch Sayaka die fighting those funky demon antagonists.

But I will be disappointed if SHAFT does a lot of flashbacks to scenes we've already seen in the first two movies, or even in the original TV anime. SHAFT already had two recap-style movies. It's time to stop milking the original narrative for all its worth, and show some new content.

NeverKnewINeeded 2013-07-04 13:57

Movie Poster:

http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2013/07/m...01-614x856.jpg

That's...rather foreboding. :heh:

woxx 2013-07-04 15:11

So the date was just reconfirmed as I expected.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu-kun (Post 4745443)
The machine gun scene is probably a flasback to when Homura was still looping around trying to save Madoka. That's my take until I see the movie or spoilers prove me wrong.
But it's exactly the kind of thing Shaft would do to troll the audience.

There was a scene in trailer of Kyouko in school uniform with Moemura. It's strange scene too, but no way it could be flashback from previous world.

Kazu-kun 2013-07-04 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by woxx (Post 4747098)
There was a scene in trailer of Kyouko in school uniform with Moemura. It's strange scene too, but no way it could be flashback from previous world.

I think that scene is definitely a flashback.

@NeverKnewINeeded

Nice. It seems Urobuchi wasn't trolling about Homura being the MC in this movie.

woxx 2013-07-04 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu-kun (Post 4747141)
I think that scene is definitely a flashback.

Kyouko never went to school while Homura was looping to protect Madoka. And according to 10th episode, Moemura dissapeared very quickly without any communication to her.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu-kun (Post 4747141)
Nice. It seems Urobuchi wasn't trolling about Homura being the MC in this movie.

It's hard to say that she wasn't MC in main series.

Triple_R 2013-07-04 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by woxx (Post 4747150)
Kyouko never went to school while Homura was looping to protect Madoka. And according to 10th episode, Moemura dissapeared very quickly without any communication to her.

It's hard to say that she wasn't MC in main series.

Madoka was the main character in the main series. I find that very easy to say.

However, it does look like Homura will be the MC in the 3rd movie. Really, who else would it be? Homura is the only main cast member with memories of pre-Madoka world that is also active as a Puella Magi. She logically works best as the MC of the 3rd movie.

blitz1/2 2013-07-04 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverKnewINeeded (Post 4747040)
Movie Poster:

http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2013/07/m...01-614x856.jpg

That's...rather foreboding. :heh:

Such a dark themed poster, I LOVE it!