AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Kimi to Boku. (seasons 1-2) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104991)

FireChick 2011-06-19 10:33

Kimi to Boku. (seasons 1-2)

I'm surprised nobody's made a topic on this yet!

I don't have the manga covers, but I do have the MyAnimeList page.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10460/Kimi_to_Boku

Director: Mamoru Kanbe
Original author: Kiichi Hotta

Seiyuu:
Tachibana Chizuru: Miyu Irino (Jintan~!)
Asaba Yuuta: Kouki Uchiyama (Roxas~!)
Asaba Yuuki: Ryohei Kimura
Tsukahara Kaname: Yuuki Ono
Matsuoka Shun: Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado~!)

Seriously, this manga is cuuuuute! And I am LOVING the anime's art! It might even be Aoi Hana standard (J.C. Staff is animating this, and they did Aoi Hana too). But...why in the world did ANN make Kaname's name You and Shun's name Haru? Or are those different characters? I dunno. By the way, does anyone else think that Kaname might be a look-a-like of Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club?:D

Tempester 2011-06-19 11:26

Another slice of life based around a group of friends? But this time it's a group of boys instead of the typical group of girls we've been seeing a lot, huh? I'll see this. :D

Echoes 2011-06-19 11:36

A slice of life with an all male cast? That's pretty unusual, I don't think I've ever watched a show like that before. If nothing else, it's at least refreshing.

Natsuki Hyuga 2011-06-19 12:35

Ah! I remember this one~~ I read it back in 2010 thanks to a rec from my friend~ It brings smile to my face remembering how fresh and cute this is~
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireChick (Post 3658618)
But...why in the world did ANN make Kaname's name You and Shun's name Haru? Or are those different characters? I dunno.

ANN sometimes did that. I assume the one who edited the page have no knowledge of the original material and just assume one way of reading Haru and Kaname's given names :)

Accelolita_ 2011-06-19 16:15

I'm so glad that this really beautiful manga finally gets an anime. But....but.....WHYYYY. The Seiyuu for Yuuki is NOT Minagawa-sama? But....she did him in the Drama CD, right? ;_;
She's my favourite Seiyuu, why is she not voicing Yuuki in the anime, too ;3;
*cries in corner*

DragoonKain3 2011-06-19 21:22

All childhood friends? Awesome!

...until I read that it was an all male cast. Dammit! :heh:

Kakkou 2011-06-19 21:35

Glad someone made a topic about this. Was about to do it myself. I'm rather looking forward to this but I'm conflicted over the anime cast having listened to the drama cds that were released way before. The new cast lineup so far is good however I'm really hoping Yumiko Kobayashi reprises her role as Akira at the very least. She has to! Perfect voice for that role.

Oh and just for comparison here's the drama cd cast:

Kaname Tsukahara: Kenichi Suzumura / Paku Romi (kindergarten)
Yuuta Asaba: Yuki Kaida
Yuuki Asaba: Junko Minagawa
Shun Matsuoka: Minami Takayama / Rie Kugimiya (kindergarten)
Chizuru Tachibana: Junko Takeuchi
Kouichi Azuma: Showtaro Morikubo
Akira: Yumiko Kobayashi
Masaki Satou: Chiwa Saitou
Class President / Iinchou: Daisuke Hirakawa

totoum 2011-06-19 23:44

I think I'm going to be all over this.Love the staff and that cast...........it's like all my current favorite male seiyuu's in one anime. :)

FireChick 2011-06-20 05:54

Quote:

Yuuta Asaba: Yuki Kaida
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? WHY IS SHE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ANIME?!?!?!? And why does the drama cd cast consist of mostly girls doing teenage male voices? Not that I hate it (the above seiyuu I quoted I LOVE with an INSANE passion), but they're high school students. Eh, I guess it'd be natural to put boys as boys in this case. But still...I want Kaidaaaaaaa!!

Kakkou 2011-06-20 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireChick (Post 3659591)
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? WHY IS SHE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ANIME?!?!?!? And why does the drama cd cast consist of mostly girls doing teenage male voices? Not that I hate it (the above seiyuu I quoted I LOVE with an INSANE passion), but they're high school students. Eh, I guess it'd be natural to put boys as boys in this case. But still...I want Kaidaaaaaaa!!

It did seem odd at first but they all did their roles well. In Shun's case a female seiyuu fit him because he's somewhat girlish. It'll be interesting how Toyonaga Toshiyuki handles his voice in that respect. Akira is a brat both physically and mentally, which imo suited Yumiko Kobayashi's voice so darn well I simply cannot fathom someone else playing Akira >_< (that, and I like listening to her voice).

Actually, in the end to me it doesn't matter if they replaced the whole cast as long as Akira and Kouichi's seiyuu stay. There's something about the way they both played their roles that complemented each other.

FireChick 2011-06-20 07:12

Yeah. Guess you're right (though I confess that I NEVER listen to drama CDs. Just sounds weird to me).

By the way, does anyone else here think Kaname looks oddly enough a lot like Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club???:heh::)

Accelolita_ 2011-06-20 13:24

Aww man, it's so sad. I was SO looking forward to this anime. But now my happyness has been dulled. Honestly. I wanted the old voice cast. The new one isn't that bad, but it's not like I have much anticipation left ;3;
Well, I hope that they're doing their job as good as the old cast. Maybe I'll grow on them :heh:

Kameruka 2011-06-24 17:11

Clannad for girls, that's all I can say to it.

Kirarakim 2011-07-31 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameruka (Post 3665731)
Clannad for girls, that's all I can say to it.

I looked it up and this series is actually shounen. I am surprised. But I am intrigued.

I admit I am sick of the slice of life school comedy with the all female cast (although one of my favorite series ever was this type, Azumanga Daioh). But the fact that it is an all male cast makes me want to check it out. Not sure if it will be any good, but at least it's something different.

Sometimes I like to fangirl and this might be a good series for that. Doesn't seem too popular on here though. :p

edit: Aww I am at least sorry Paku Romi is not in the cast. She is great at doing male voices in my opinion. I have been enjoying Miyu Irino though ever since Cross Game & Ano Hana he has become a new favorite seiyuu.

Shiroth 2011-07-31 16:15

I've instantly fallen in love with the art of the manga, so i'm gonna have to start reading it soon as possible.

Kirarakim 2011-07-31 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3711031)
I've instantly fallen in love with the art of the manga, so i'm gonna have to start reading it soon as possible.

You will have to let me know if it is any good because I know I will be too lazy to read it myself. :p

ahelo 2011-08-03 06:58

Male slice of life. Lol let's see how this works.

Lilith 2011-08-04 08:30

About TIME they make something for us girls/ladies. :I Might be the only thing new I'd watch in Fall.

Suzuku 2011-08-10 08:18

This will be split two cour.

http://www.et-c.com/takarajima/333/u...8d1144e46b.jpg

The second season will air next April.

Kakkou 2011-08-10 09:14

Hearing this'll last more than one cour makes me a happy fan. On that note, there's been a few more cast announcements:

Masaki Satou: Miyuki Satou
Kouichi Azuma: Kousuke Toriumi
Akira: Yuki Kaji
Kaori: Saki Nakajima

... orz. I knew there wasn't much chance of Kouichi and Akira's drama cd voices being the same in the anime but I'm still sad cause they were so good there especially Yumiko Kobayashi, who is practically born to voice roles like Akira. I did not mind the recast at all but still hoped that those two would have made it through somehow =(

On a positive note, good on Yuki Kaji for getting another upcoming role.