AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   The Final Romance Thread - How Not To Be Banned [Read Opening Post] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82704)

synaesthetic 2009-06-20 23:04

Gino seems to play for the home team anyway. ^^;

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness (Post 2463146)
theres a reason i dont ship cagalli with lockon :heh:

>.>;

Dangerous territory dude.

Lockon and Anew onry.

ONRY.

Nobodyman9 2009-06-20 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 2463637)
Gino seems to play for the home team anyway. ^^;

Hmm, I wouldn't go that far. Gino at least seems to have a fascination with the opposite sex (see Milly and Kallen)

Kid Ying 2009-06-22 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mearii (Post 2462465)
question:

do you think there could be something romantic between kallen and gino??
^_^

Hehe, you pushed some buttons out there. Well, i don't think Kallen with Gino could happen, Mearii, cause at least from what we know, at the end of the show Kallen still likes Lelouch and she's living her own life at the school and stuff and Gino probably not even interacting with her anymore, since he was in Ashford just for the mission, so i think for now, there's no chance. ;)

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-23 16:11

Alright, which one of you stalked me to fandomsecrets? http://community.livejournal.com/fan...540#t154950540

>_>

Nogitsune 2009-06-23 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow (Post 2468104)
Alright, which one of you stalked me to fandomsecrets? http://community.livejournal.com/fan...540#t154950540

>_>

rofl!
I'm almost tempted to poke those people again.
Hm...
*tries to restrain herself, then starts giggling like the mad fangirl she is*

Edit:
Hm. I think livejournal hates me. I posted a beautiful comment containing The Ultimate Truth but it didn't appear. q.q
I think I'm being fail again. Oh well. xD

Kid Ying 2009-06-23 16:58

Quote:

>_>

I would gladly stalk you, Snow, but this fandomsecrets always gives me the creeps. :heh:

And seriously: Do you believe the guy who did it will confess here?

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-23 17:14

NOT REALLY BUT... asdihdg I dunno. v_v

Lolipopo 2009-06-23 17:24

Quote:

>_>

Oh that must be Yvj. Or Kid. No wait, that is definitely me. I mean, it is so like us to post trollish comments while being anonymous.

Honest I was kinda over Geass fandom (Kallen loved Lelouch, Lelouch loved Kallen, so be it, fanfics are great but convos are now useless) but this...bleh. Honest this convo just reminds me why this fandom will never fail to amuse me.
So here we go again.

When Shirley was a child, she wanted to marry her papa. Does it makes it canon ?
NO. Cause she was a child. When I was a child, I wanted to marry Atreyu from the Neverending story. Does it makes it canon ? (even though I know, deep inside, he wanted it too.) no.

Some people are complaining about how Kalulu fans gives importance to the canon word. But at least, they aren't overusing that.
To say Euphie/Lelouch is canon, cause when he was a child, Lelouch wanted to marry her is like saying Nina/Euphie is canon cause Nina was fapping over Euphie's pic.

It doesn't make sense. Euphie was acknowleged (though there was still a "maybe") as Lelouch's first love, and that is canon. Not the pairing.

Conclusion ? This convo you gave us is fail. And so Am I for being dragged once again there.
Kalulu for the win !

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-23 17:32

Well... anon did pretty much say they were from asuki, so... :/ (and woops, sorry for bringing the wank here. *was not thinking straight* v_v)

The thing is... that was exactly what I was trying to say. Maybe I didn't word it very well, but pairings like Lelouch/Euphy and Nina/Euphy are canon to some degree. Same with Rivalz/Milly. They are certainly more canon than, say, Suzaku/Shirley (which I do kind of ship, but I'd never claim it as canon), where neither side has expressed any interest in them.

So when that comment said "But Lelouch/Euphy is canon" I agreed, because, well, it's canon that Lelouch had feelings for Euphy at one point. And that was the way I meant it. :/

I might have said some... rather overreactionary things toward KaLulu, but that's only because they brought it up first. >_> And I apologize for being a bit disparaging toward it; honestly, I don't really see much evidence that Lelouch ever loved her back, so IMO KaLulu is canon and/or close to canon, but in pretty much the same way Lelouch/Euphy is. In that there is express evidence of romantic feelings from one side of the pairing (though more, in the case of Kallen->>Lelouch than in Lelouch->>Euphy, I'll say), though of course there is much evidence of platonic feelings from Lelouch's side. :/

incorrupts 2009-06-23 18:18

Quote:

>_>

--jesus, i have not been online for five days, and all hell broke loose--

Alright, what kind of reply do you expect now? Because, this will only trigger negative reactions.
So, you come here accusing "someone" that it has been actually someone over this place. Even if that is the case, you expect that someone to come here with a name? If he was anon there, then obviously that person wanted to stay anon.

Now about what you said, it is like what i said in LJ. There is the concept of unrequited love, unsolved romance and one-sided love too.
Saying that Lelouch/Euphie is on the same level of canon-ness as Kallen and Lelouch, is insulting for the latter. I am sorry, but you discard the whole development Kallen and Lelouch had, which was into the romantic field, along with all the materials supporting this, about a line that Lelouch said, that was referring to himself when he was a kid? Do you? Honestly?

Also, i have to point out, that you are being on the wrong about the majority of Kallen and Lelouch fans. They do not do what you claimed, like at all. Not even in the neighborhood of "at all."

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-23 18:32

Hm... well, I did say, not to the same degree, but in the same way.

Because as far as I can see there is no actual, undeniable canon evidence that Lelouch ever loved Kallen back in a romantic way. Certainly, he cared for her. Certainly she loved him in a romantic sense. And yes, their relationship was definitely more developed and had more time dedicated to it than that of Lelouch and Euphy, which was never more than a side note. And as I mentioned, Kallen certainly had more feelings for Lelouch than Lelouch ever did for Euphy.

But that Lelouch loved Kallen romantically is no more undeniably canon than that Euphy loved Lelouch romantically. Personally, I see tons of reasons to claim both are canon, but the fact remains that there's never been any actual proof that either of the objects of affection returned those feelings. :/

And I suppose I was a bit hasty to claim that KaLulu defenders base their ships on Kallen's affections alone. I apologize; the anon kind of set me off.

And sorry for bringing it over here, that was an error of judgement on my part. I just recall that often fandomsecrets wank is posted here, so... v_v

incorrupts 2009-06-23 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow (Post 2468290)
Hm... well, I did say, not to the same degree, but in the same way.

Because as far as I can see there is no actual, undeniable canon evidence that Lelouch ever loved Kallen back in a romantic way. Certainly, he cared for her. Certainly she loved him in a romantic sense. And yes, their relationship was definitely more developed and had more time dedicated to it than that of Lelouch and Euphy, which was never more than a side note. And as I mentioned, Kallen certainly had more feelings for Lelouch than Lelouch ever did for Euphy.

But that Lelouch loved Kallen romantically is no more undeniably canon than that Euphy loved Lelouch romantically. Personally, I see tons of reasons to claim both are canon, but the fact remains that there's never been any actual proof that either of the objects of affection returned those feelings. :/

And I suppose I was a bit hasty to claim that KaLulu defenders base their ships on Kallen's affections alone. I apologize; the anon kind of set me off.

And sorry for bringing it over here, that was an error of judgement on my part. I just recall that often fandomsecrets wank is posted here, so... v_v

Incorrect, for the simple reason, that this one took place in Lelouch's childhood era. And in the Geass actually-era, Euphie loved Suzaku, she loved Lelouch as a cousin, like he loved her when he was all grown up.
You compare apples and peanuts.

bladeofdarkness 2009-06-23 18:44

i agree that there is no point where lelouch SAYS he loves kallen
but its not like theres NOTHING about it
the fact that he has a great deal of affection towards her (regardless of nature) is clear in his actions
and his interactions with her in season 2 make it clear that he doesnt just see her as a FRIEND and nothing more
he clearly see her as a female shaped person, and an ATTRACTIVE one at that (ep 2, 7 etc)
there is his line to C.C in ep 11 about "dont you want to see, the strength of the heart" while he is explaining to her why he is going back to japan rather then stay in the CF (and thiis is right after he names kallen as a reason for returning to japan)
he repeatedly takes risks for her that are beyond the realm of logic or reason
and at the very least, suzaku's last lines in the last PD makes it clear that for LELOUCH at least, kallen does not get placed in the same category as milly (a childhood friend) rivals (the guy he spends the most time with in school, before suzaku shows up) or nina (who actually HELPED him during zero-r)

OK
he doesnt actually come out and SAY it (possibly, he would have if the F---ing gumline wasnt removed)
but its not like there isnt enough in his ACTIONS to support this

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-23 18:48

igsdgads

well... it was canon at one point. And in the context of the secret that whole thing was in reply to, that was pretty much all that I figured mattered --- they said they never shipped pairings that weren't canon, and someone else pointed out that, in fact, that pairing was kind of canon, and I agreed because... well, it was at one point.

I probably shouldn't have made those comments about KaLulu, but the anon did mention them, and, well... yeah. >_> So I just didn't really understand why they said I had double standards. :/

@Blade: I agree, there is lots of indication that Lelouch loved her back. And I'm inclined to accept that he probably did. All I'm saying is that there is actually no concrete canon evidence that he did --- implications galore, but no actual evidence. So while I'd agree it's probably canon, I also don't think it's absolute or undeniable. :/

incorrupts 2009-06-23 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow (Post 2468315)
igsdgads

well... it was canon at one point. And in the context of the secret that whole thing was in reply to, that was pretty much all that I figured mattered --- they said they never shipped pairings that weren't canon, and someone else pointed out that, in fact, that pairing was kind of canon, and I agreed because... well, it was at one point.

I probably shouldn't have made those comments about KaLulu, but the anon did mention them, and, well... yeah. >_> So I just didn't really understand why they said I had double standards. :/

@Blade: I agree, there is lots of indication that Lelouch loved her back. And I'm inclined to accept that he probably did. All I'm saying is that there is actually no concrete canon evidence that he did --- implications galore, but no actual evidence. So while I'd agree it's probably canon, I also don't think it's absolute or undeniable. :/

In what point? Even if we take it in the context you say, the whole childhood-first-love, Euphie never came out and said she loved him back.
You claim, that Lelouch and Kallen are not 100% canon because Lelouch never came clear and said that one. And i will agree.
However, i see a bit of double-standard-ery, cause i see, that you ignore this fact, when it comes to Euphie.
Even again, i do not agree with this comparison, cause it is totally on a different eras and totally innocent-pure shit and stuff.
It is like comparing milk and coke.

bladeofdarkness 2009-06-23 19:02

if your looking for concrete undeniable evidence
your going to be looking for a LONG time :heh:

even his line about EUPHIE sufferes from
A)the fact that he was talking about when they were kids, back when he was a completely different person
B)he was telling euphie that she was the first girl he loved, while he was SHOOTING her, and it didnt stop him from going to the SAZ with the expressed INTENTION of using his geass on her to make her destroy herself and everything she stood for
which some might say, lessens the impact

@sky
coke
hands down

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-23 19:04

Well, the thing is, when I said 'canon' I meant that Lelouch's feelings for her were canon. That probably wasn't evident from my comment, at all, though --- in fact, I'm pretty sure that I meant to reply to the comment that was right above the one I did reply to --- that is, this one: http://community.livejournal.com/fan...980#t154947980

... and actually, I've just recalled something interesting --- there is an interview (somewhere. I apologize that I cannot provide it for you at the moment, as proof --- I will go look through the annals of the code geass comm) that actually states that Lelouch and Euphy were each other's first loves. *blinks* I can't believe I'd forgotten that.

incorrupts 2009-06-23 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow (Post 2468334)
Well, the thing is, when I said 'canon' I meant that Lelouch's feelings for her were canon. That probably wasn't evident from my comment, at all, though --- in fact, I'm pretty sure that I meant to reply to the comment that was right above the one I did reply to --- that is, this one: http://community.livejournal.com/fan...980#t154947980

... and actually, I've just recalled something interesting --- there is an interview (somewhere. I apologize that I cannot provide it for you at the moment, as proof --- I will go look through the annals of the code geass comm) that actually states that Lelouch and Euphy were each other's first loves. *blinks* I can't believe I'd forgotten that.

I am sorry, you said "it was canon". I cannot see, how you would mean feelings.
Anyway, i am just saying, that Euphie/Lelouch is not near the level of Kallen/Lelouch. Like, not at all. Like, not ufo-at-all.
Kallen and Lelouch expanded romantically. Euphie expanded romantically only with Suzaku. And these above developments, are canon in the show.

@blade: fuck yah, i cannot live without coke. {light coke btw <3}

Kid Ying 2009-06-23 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolipopo (Post 2468215)
When I was a child, I wanted to marry Atreyu from the Neverending story. Does it makes it canon ? (even though I know, deep inside, he wanted it too.) no.

Wow... I guess everyone got a story like that in their childhood. I wanted to marry Sarah from labyrinth(and considering she's Jennifer Connelly, i guess it wasn't such a bad choice) when i was a child. And since she's smokin hawt, i wouldn't mind marrying her today either, so i guess it still is canon. :heh:

Nah, my opinion about this whole thing: There's no evidence that Lelouch loved someone because Code Geass wasn't a romance series. The romance wasn't that important, so we have to read what is not written, what do we get there is up to you, basically. A lot of people thought that Suzaku's line in the last pd was not such a big deal, for me, it was DA ONE. I guess it's a matter of POV, like always.

So, Lelouch loving Kallen is canon? At least for me, it is. But i get you, Snow, and you're right: Euphielulu is the only relationship with Lelouch that was undeniable canon at some point of his life. It's kind of... Funny. To say the least.

incorrupts 2009-06-23 19:10

Oh God, this "canon" word, has lost its real definition. If we go like this, the only canon relationship concerning Lelouch, is the one with his little nice sis. They exchanged nice aishiteru-s, so yeah, "canon!!1"
We are talking about romance here though, and i think it is fair obvious, which charas the staff, "pushed" towards Lelouch, to develop him in the romantic field.