AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2012-01-03 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3930254)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dvds-bds-manga

^ What do you guys take of this article? I get the feeling that Bandai isn't making quite the money they were and maybe this might mean the end of GunPla kits and the Gundam franchise?!

the end of thr franchise? did you even read anything there? XD this is ONLY about the bandai entertainment branch in the usa! they were responsible for anime and manga releases only. and with 5 staff members they werent exactly big to begin with... im not urprised about ths, they actually hinted at this months ago.
besides, the company responsible for gunpla in the usa is bluefin. and bandai japan is doing very well in terms of sales.
do us all a little favor and read everything and do some research before you post something like that, otherwise it might end up to be total nonsense.

suiton629 2012-01-03 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3930329)
If you read the entire article, note that it's about Bandai Entertainment, aka the branch responsible for business in North America. Which means that they'll stop selling new products to the US directly. This news has nothing to do with the Japanese side of the business (hence why Gunpla isn't mentioned... hell, they hardly sell Gunpla in the States, and most of the Gunpla there are sold by importers.).

Note that Bandai's stakes in North America is pretty much a drop in the bucket compared to their monstrous Japanese foothold, and thus this particular news isn't particularly noteworthy as far as Bandai's financial situation is concerned.

Ah~ I didn't know that was the branch in North America. So I guess they won't be localizing anything anymore or at least giving away the licensing rights to other companies and now Bandai Entertainment?

o_O

So we could still end up getting like Gundam 00I licensed and released in North America...

Anyway, I guess this isn't quite as bad as I thought since really I thought that Bandai was just closing shop...lol

LoweGear 2012-01-03 08:43

If they do release Gundam 00I and others released in NA, it won't be through Bandai Entertainment anymore. Any new titles that Bandai wants to release in the US would be through other means. That's pretty much all this news amounts to.

~Destiny~ 2012-01-03 13:08

Why dont you guys just add him to your ignore lists and save yourself a headache

Oh and so I dont go off topic too much:rolleyes:

Bonta Kun 2012-01-03 16:49

Does anyone have or know how good the MG Zeta Plus C1 Type is?

It was the very first gundam model I had gotten like over 14 years ago, altho it wasn't the MG ofc, think it was a much more simple model back then.

Either way I'd get it none the less but would like to know what it's like anyway.

Appel 2012-01-03 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3931132)
Does anyone have or know how good the MG Zeta Plus C1 Type is?

It was the very first gundam model I had gotten like over 14 years ago, altho it wasn't the MG ofc, think it was a much more simple model back then.

Either way I'd get it none the less but would like to know what it's like anyway.

there is a video review of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2sQymnbzJY
it seems to be a pretty good kit for its time!

Bonta Kun 2012-01-03 18:18

Huh totally slipped by me to check on youtube for reviews:heh:

Thx for the link, saved me some time looking.
Does look like a pretty good kit for it's time but then even if it wasn't I'd still get it anyway, it's probably my favorite transforming gundam, I love the jet form.

Appel 2012-01-03 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3931199)
Huh totally slipped by me to check on youtube for reviews:heh:

Thx for the link, saved me some time looking.
Does look like a pretty good kit for it's time but then even if it wasn't I'd still get it anyway, it's probably my favorite transforming gundam, I love the jet form.

the waverider mode does look pretty good, thats right! the delta plus and the C1 are pretty much the only transformed suits that i like...

duotiga 2012-01-04 07:18

Guys ...take it with a grain of salt
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=43255

Gundam/Gunpla great release expectations in 2012! Not Official List, translated from Japanese

Gundam/Gunpla great release expectations in 2012!

Not Official List, translated from Japanese

MG Series:

More than 80% probability

MG Buster Gundam
MG Blitz Gundam
MG Aegis Gundam
MG Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
MG Tallgeese

More than 60% probability

MG GN-X IV
MG Justice Gundam
MG Marasai
MG Altron Gundam EW Kai

More than 40% probability

MG Hyakushiki Ver.2.0
MG Geara Zulu
MG Jegan
MG Jesta
MG Loto

20% probability

MG Gundam The Origin Ver.
MG Knight Gundam

Perfect Grade Series:

NO

RG Series:

RG Gundam Unicorn
RG Gundam Exia
RG Justice Gundam
RG G-Fighter
RG GM
RG Zaku I

HG Series:

1/144 HGUC Anksha
1/144 HGUC Rozen Zulu
1/144 HGUC Jesta Cannon
1/144 HGUC Qubeley Mass Production
1/144 HGUC Nemo
1/144 HGUC Dreissen (ZZ Ver.)
1/144 HGUC Gaza D
1/144 HGUC Capule
1/144 HGUC Gundam Ez8
1/144 HGUC GM Ground Type
1/144 HGUC Guntank Mass Production
1/144 HGUC GM Sniper
1/144 HGUC Gouf Flight Type
1/144 HGUC Gerbera Tetra
1/144 HGUC Xamel
1/144 HGUC Efreet
1/144 HGUC Guncannon Detector
1/144 HGUC Gallus J
1/144 HGUC Gallus K
1/144 HGUC Aqua GM
1/144 HGUC Zogok
1/144 HGUC Prototype Stark Jegan
1/144 HGUC Byarlant Custom
1/144 HGUC Efreet Schneid
1/144 HGUC Zaku Mariner
1/144 HGUC Dowadge
1/144 HGUC Zaku Cannon
1/144 HGUC Desert Zaku
1/144 HGUC Sinanju Stein
1/144 HGUC Gundam Delta Kai
1/144 HGFC Rising Gundam
1/144 HGFC Gundam Spiegel
1/144 HGFC Gundam Maxter
1/144 HGFC Dragon Gundam

source: gtoys
http://gtoys.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-5401.html#more

HasuMasu 2012-01-04 07:19

I think the Quan[T] would benefit more from an RG, then again I know the Exia is more popular...

firefox 2012-01-04 07:23

"Interesting" list, they forgot the 1/144 HG seed models doh ;)
there is not alot of room for any creativity in that list, no outsiders, it's actually a quite boring list to be honest...

The RG line is also not very creative, i doubt we wille vern see a G-fighter in that line, the MG sold horribly.

Shame no PG models, i love PG models :(

I have some questions regarding teh halt in DVD releases in America, does this mean we will never get every unicorn episode on DVD in english or gundam age or whatever comes behind that??? I do not speak Japanese.

duotiga 2012-01-04 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3931842)
I think the Quan[T] would benefit more from an RG, then again I know the Exia is more popular...

i wld say they follow the MG line to test . Exia -> 00 Qan[t] -> 00 Raiser

Znozzy 2012-01-04 07:34

MASTER GRADE AEGIS

http://jasminutane.blogg.se/images/2..._145469221.jpg

bio9205 2012-01-04 07:37

An RG Unicorn or Exia would be amazing.

duotiga 2012-01-04 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3931855)
An RG Unicorn or Exia would be amazing.

it is really amazing if they manage to do that esp Unicorn

suiton629 2012-01-04 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3931842)

Yea~ I know...right?

Kuroi Hadou 2012-01-04 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3931857)
it is really amazing if they manage to do that esp Unicorn

Um... which one? :heh:

duotiga 2012-01-04 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3931866)
Um... which one? :heh:

RG is the one :heh:

Kuroi Hadou 2012-01-04 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3931867)
RG is the one :heh:

Oh! I thought you meant actual ESP, not a shortened word. :heh:

maknaedik 2012-01-04 08:52

Whenever I imagine an RG Unicorn, I imagine falling parts all over. I'm just praying that they'll do a good job on it. But I'm still betting for an RG Gundam MK-II. Followed by RG GM or even an RG Justice.

For MGs, I'm having thoughts if MG Aegis will make it this year and not early next year like what happened to MG Heavyarms EW. But I'm pretty sure that Buster, and Blitz will get an MG this year. Though I have some thoughts of having an RG Justice, I'm still wishing for an MG Justice.

I'm quite surprised in seeing an MG Marasai there, I mean, what?! Why is it there? But i'd buy that if ever. MG Banshee is an MG that most people is anticipating and will not be surprised if it ever gets a release. MG Loto, LOL! That would be cute.

HGUC Gerbera Tetra, yes, it's about effing time!

casval cehack 2012-01-04 08:55

Weird, no probable Gundam Mk. II or Zeta for the RG line or an MG Nobell. Atleast Gerbera Tetra is on the unofficial list.

Incase, MG Loto would probably be sold in a HG size box.

duotiga 2012-01-04 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3931890)
Whenever I imagine an RG Unicorn, I imagine falling parts all over. I'm just praying that they'll do a good job on it. But I'm still betting for an RG Gundam MK-II. Followed by RG GM or even an RG Justice.

For MGs, I'm having thoughts if MG Aegis will make it this year and not early next year like what happened to MG Heavyarms EW. But I'm pretty sure that Buster, and Blitz will get an MG this year. Though I have some thoughts of having an RG Justice, I'm still wishing for an MG Justice.

I'm quite surprised in seeing an MG Marasai there, I mean, what?! Why is it there? But i'd buy that if ever. MG Banshee is an MG that most people is anticipating and will not be surprised if it ever gets a release. MG Loto, LOL! That would be cute.

HGUC Gerbera Tetra, yes, it's about effing time!

im expecting the RG Unicorn wld be HCM Pro 1/144 Standard with some modification for the RG Unicorn.

MG Aegies transformation wld be another huge challenge as the 1/100 kit is already pretty flimsy

MG Banshee is kinda expecting as episode 5 wld be out in ard mar?

im eyeing the 1/144 Delta Kai & Sinanju Stein

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3931892)
Weird, no probable Gundam Mk. II or Zeta for the RG line or an MG Nobell. Atleast Gerbera Tetra is on the unofficial list.

Incase, MG Loto would probably be sold in a HG size box.

RG Zeta is another challenging to mold also . As per list, there's no transforming MS for the RG, guess they are still experimenting it.

i dont mind if they do RG Zaku II Johnny Ridden ver, Black Tri Star ver & Shin Matsunaga (sp) ver =x

bio9205 2012-01-04 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3931852)
i wld say they follow the MG line to test . Exia -> 00 Qan[t] -> 00 Raiser

Not really, I'd think 00R is a lot more popular than 00Q. The reason why MG 00Q got an earlier release was probably due to 1) the timing of the movie's release and 2) PG 00 was released shortly before.

Had another look at the list - Bandai, please do a HG Byarlant Custom!

suiton629 2012-01-04 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3931909)
Not really, I'd think 00R is a lot more popular than 00Q. The reason why MG 00Q got an earlier release was probably due to 1) the timing of the movie's release and 2) PG 00 was released shortly before.

Had another look at the list - Bandai, please do a HG Byarlant Custom!

Was the 00R really that popular? I thought Exia was the always the popular one (and its variants)...?

maknaedik 2012-01-04 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3931903)
im expecting the RG Unicorn wld be HCM Pro 1/144 Standard with some modification for the RG Unicorn.

MG Aegies transformation wld be another huge challenge as the 1/100 kit is already pretty flimsy

MG Banshee is kinda expecting as episode 5 wld be out in ard mar?

im eyeing the 1/144 Delta Kai & Sinanju Stein

RG Zeta is another challenging to mold also . As per list, there's no transforming MS for the RG, guess they are still experimenting it.

i dont mind if they do RG Zaku II Johnny Ridden ver, Black Tri Star ver & Shin Matsunaga (sp) ver =x

Hell yeah! If they made it to an improved version of SHCM Pro 1/144 Unicorn, then consider it sold!

Definitely, MG Aegis is the most different amongst GAT series and that's what I'm anticipating :)

I have the same thoughts about RG Zeta.

duotiga 2012-01-04 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3931914)
Hell yeah! If they made it to an improved version of SHCM Pro 1/144 Unicorn, then consider it sold!

Definitely, MG Aegis is the most different amongst GAT series and that's what I'm anticipating :)

I have the same thoughts about RG Zeta.

yea...surprisingly the list doesnt include AGE for MG

i won't be surprise if they come out a MG Skygrasper?

RG list also surprise no indication of Strike Freedom/Destiny considering both MS are quite popular also & Wing Zero custom?

Appel 2012-01-04 10:03

oh hey guy, i got myself a new camera! :D tested it on my newly setup UC shelf:

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0034u2y4f.jpg
insanely huge version:
http://www.abload.de/thumb/img_0034zlbiy.jpg

for the price this camera is amazing... i can even set the shutter speed to up to 15 seconds on it, so i will be able to post a photo of the glow in the dark psycho frame of the FA unicorn!^^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-04 10:23

Since the list mentioned a page ago isn't official, I'm not gonna hold my breath for MG Justice even though I really wanted it. It'd be nice if the list is official.

And YAY! for HG Dragon Gundam & Gundam Maxter. My dream is for all the gundams in G Gundam series made into HG at least. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3931937)
for the price this camera is amazing... i can even set the shutter speed to up to 15 seconds on it, so i will be able to post a photo of the glow in the dark psycho frame of the FA unicorn!^^

I'm looking forward for it. ;)

Appel 2012-01-04 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3931948)
Since the list mentioned a page ago isn't official, I'm not gonna hold my breath for MG Justice even though I really wanted it. It'd be nice if the list is official.

And YAY! for HG Dragon Gundam & Gundam Maxter. My dream is for all the gundams in G Gundam series made into HG at least. :D

I'm looking forward for it. ;)

i dont care about that list at all. in the end the decission will be made by a couple of guys who sit behind a desk all day long and calculate which model would bring the most profit :P

and yes, so do i! im really curious how that photo will turn out, if it works out well at all^^ i mean, i paid 50 bucks for that camera, the fact that it makes such clear photos and great macro shots is good enough for me already. im happy that it makes great photos under the TERRIBLE lighting conditions in my apartment... finally i dont have to edit photos in photoshop anymore to make them even remotely passable XD

kakakka 2012-01-04 10:36

I'm still looking forward to RG Justice and Exia, even if they are not true.

That's all.

Appel 2012-01-04 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 3931954)

I'm still looking forward to RG Justice and Exia, even if they are not true.

That's all.

since we already have a RG freedom a RG justice would make sense.
exia would be awesome, too but i kinda doubt that will happen right now...
the next one was supposed to be the MK-II, right? im REALLY curious to see how that one turns out, especially because the 2.0 MG version is so great^^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-04 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3931951)
im happy that it makes great photos under the TERRIBLE lighting conditions in my apartment... finally i dont have to edit photos in photoshop anymore to make them even remotely passable XD

LOL your photo reminded me once again how small F91 is. I kinda hope you include MG RX-78 and Victory in it. :p

Oh yeah, forgot to ask this: can FA Unicorn actually lift all those weapon you put on its arms? Can the arms' joints handle the weight? :confused:

Appel 2012-01-04 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3931988)
LOL your photo reminded me once again how small F91 is. I kinda hope you include MG RX-78 and Victory in it. :p

Oh yeah, forgot to ask this: can FA Unicorn actually lift all those weapon you put on its arms? Can the arms' joints handle the weight? :confused:

im probably gonna buy them sooner or later :P

and about the FA unicorn holding its weapons: hahaha! no.
its as easy as that, it cant do it. without some modifications like a little glue or something even the pose mine is holding right now is pretty tough to maintain.

suiton629 2012-01-04 14:06

Well seems like the 1/100 No Grade Avalanche Exia will be my final GunPla kit. =P

It was short lived, but I had some fun. But if we get you know what then I'll get that.

I thought about getting the Wing EW MG kits, but I get lead suits only and well, the Wing EW and Wing Zero EW (aka Wing Zero Custom) are pretty crappy for having the old, old MG hands that can't even hold the Twin Buster Rifles, and the lack of a full inner frame.

I thought about getting the AGE MG kits, but I'm losing interest in the series.
Unicorn..maybe, but not a fan of UC at all.
So then I thought about Seed/Seed Destiny and those kits (at least the earlier ones) have the crappy hands.

If I did get Seed/Seed Destiny, I would just get...

MG Strike
MG Aile Strike
MG Launcher/Sword Strike
MG Freedom
MG Strike Freedom

Those 5 kits have problems like I said with the hand issues, and then Strike Freedom has that crappy blue sticker on the gun instead of it being a piece and the inner frame isn't all chrome gold so I'd have to paint that up.

Appel 2012-01-04 16:36

trying to take a picture of the unicorn while its glowing right now... seems like it wont work out afterall :P the glow is so faint it just wont pick it up.

@xxnike629xx: i just took a look at your ebay auction with the SD kits. since you built the kits it might help to actually include photos of the models and not just the sides of the boxes! XD no one will buy them if you dont show anything!

suiton629 2012-01-04 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3932191)
trying to take a picture of the unicorn while its glowing right now... seems like it wont work out afterall :P the glow is so faint it just wont pick it up.

@xxnike629xx: i just took a look at your ebay auction with the SD kits. since you built the kits it might help to actually include photos of the models and not just the sides of the boxes! XD no one will buy them if you dont show anything!

Too lazy to take new pictures and besides, it costs me more money per picture I put after the first one...

>_<

Appel 2012-01-04 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3932206)
Too lazy to take new pictures and besides, it costs me more money per picture I put after the first one...

>_<

i know. which is why you need to make the most out of the pictures.
instead of two blurry box shots you should have uploaded one with all boxes and one with all models. otherwise no one is ever gonna bother buying them!

i also took the photo of the glowing unicorn now. its not perfect but i suppose the light just cant get into it as well as it does with a HG model:

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0043ugz3m.jpg

thats as good as its gonna get i guess :P

suiton629 2012-01-04 17:24

I guess I could try doing that. You think that'll help me sell the kits faster? o_O

Appel 2012-01-04 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3932232)
I guess I could try doing that. You think that'll help me sell the kits faster? o_O

of course! you said you already built them so the buyer will want to know in what condition the models are. they ARE just SD kits but there is still a lot that you can screw up with those. and at at least 30 bucks no one would want to buy potentially broken models or models that you can work with anymore since most people paint SD kits.
you always NEED to include proper photos of everything you sell. otherwise it wont sell at all or only very poorly.

i also just decided to cheat a little. what makes glow in the dark particles glow like crazy? correct! a UV light! ;D

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0056jqxv4.jpg

kaizerknight01 2012-01-04 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3932239)
of course! you said you already built them so the buyer will want to know in what condition the models are. they ARE just SD kits but there is still a lot that you can screw up with those. and at at least 30 bucks no one would want to buy potentially broken models or models that you can work with anymore since most people paint SD kits.
you always NEED to include proper photos of everything you sell. otherwise it wont sell at all or only very poorly.

i also just decided to cheat a little. what makes glow in the dark particles glow like crazy? correct! a UV light! ;D

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0056jqxv4.jpg

that's a great looking gunpla appel