AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Civilization V (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=91540)

Claies 2010-02-18 20:36

Civilization V

The time has come. Civilization V is coming this Fall.

http://civilization5.com/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...n_V_For_PC.php

Lizzie 2010-02-18 20:56

Unlike the last few civilization games, this one intrigues me slightly. Mostly due to how it looks this time, yay army sprites, and hexagon sections!

LoweGear 2010-02-19 01:24

:eek:

While Civilization V wasn't entirely unexpected, for it to come out this year is rather surprising.

At this point though, all I'm looking forward to is the improved graphics until more information comes out, since the basic gameplay looks to be more or less the same. Not that I'm complaining though, being the supreme overlord of all time is supremely satisfying :)

Kaioshin Sama 2010-02-19 01:31

Ahem.....YEESSSSS!

So the game goes hex now (everything is better and more tactical in hex IMO) and it looks like units are actually going to be represented as actual divisions instead of single guys of whatever strength. The question now as with Starcraft...will I be able to run it?

If so it won't be for a while as I'm still just getting started with Civ IV.

Tiberium Wolf 2010-09-21 17:22

I just hope I can play and enjoy this game because I couldn't with 3 and 4. I simply can't understand and enjoy them. Anyway I saw this video today and had me cracking for mins.

Sid Meier's Civilization V Civanon Video
If you have a problem with Civilization V...you can get help.

Hooves 2010-09-21 17:34

Unlike Civilization VI, I'm really looking forward to Civilization V, the gameplay trailer featuring everything there is about the newly updated Civilization is indeed astonishing...

Xellos-_^ 2010-09-21 17:50

while civ 5 looks great i wouldn't be playing since they added the stream feature. i will never buy a game that needs stream support.

Hooves 2010-09-21 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 3258317)
while civ 5 looks great i wouldn't be playing since they added the stream feature. i will never buy a game that needs stream support.

There appears to be more and more games that are relying on stream support that its getting rather ridiculous...

yezhanquan 2010-09-21 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3258370)
There appears to be more and more games that are relying on stream support that its getting rather ridiculous...

Well, I only oppose it because my connection can be a bit crazy. DC at the wrong time. Other than that, doesn't bother me.

SoldierOfDarkness 2010-09-21 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3258370)

That's because it's cheaper in the long run for the company.

Developers realize that people are moving more into digital downloads so they are taking advantage of platforms like STEAM. That and STEAM provides MP/patch support so they don't have to spend extra money to make their own.

Also, when a customer downloads off STEAM, the developers don't have to spend money on making the disc, package, manual, and shipping costs.

Unless the developers are like Blizzard where to have more than enough money to make their own platform most are going that route or Windows LIVE.

Quote:

Well, I only oppse it because my connection can be a bit crazy. DC at the wrong time. Other than that, doesn't bother me
But you don't need to be online 24/7 for it.

yezhanquan 2010-09-21 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 3258830)

But you don't need to be online 24/7 for it.

Er, I'm a bit confused by this. My internet is on anyway, except when I close shop for the day.

krko 2010-09-22 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 3258865)
Er, I'm a bit confused by this. My internet is on anyway, except when I close shop for the day.

Steam has an offline mode.

Qikz 2010-09-22 07:19

Well, I'm in England so our copy doesn't unlock on Steam until tommorow, thankfully VPN's exist and I'm playing my copy now. Fantastic, better than Civ 4 by miles IMO.

Kyuu 2010-09-23 02:13

Well, by this point, I've managed to read the manual and some postings via CivFanatics and 2K's forum.

Saw the complaints and read about the changes from Civ VI to V. Despite the complaints, I'll be lookin' to play V. Only thing stopping me is a computer capable of running it. Kinda surprising that my unit is 5-years old... oh how time flies...

Aaerul 2010-09-23 02:53

1UP.com gave this game a pretty controversial low score.

I think I would agree with a lot of what he said.

Hooves 2010-09-23 17:27

The complaints are just people not getting used to the changes. But when they start playing, they will probably stop with the complaints. Either way people do not think on them to seriously with the trailer that was shown. I'm getting high hopes for Civilization V :D

Alaya 2010-09-24 02:03

With Starcraft II and Civilization V came out in the same year, the gaming industry really wants me to quit my job...

Tiberium Wolf 2010-09-25 05:49

This civ5 seems like the civ4 colonization I played. Not very fond of it.
Anyway what I don't like the game.
1- Uses huge amount of memory even on medium low settings. Gotta see how much it needs in all low.
2- Large map is too freaking small.
3- Game very slow. Takes too much time to end a turn.
4- DX11 crashes :(

Hooves 2010-09-25 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by berserker024 (Post 3264217)
what is new with civilization V?

This video gives a good display of the changes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilAEHESQP8

velocd 2010-09-25 20:24

This game is so damn polished and fun. Well done (again), Sid Meier.

Just finished an Earth-type map with 12 NPCs, King difficulty. At least 20 hours (not all at once, obviously). Was randomly selected Oda Nobunaga (hell yes!) and conveniently placed where reality South Africa is.

Many legendary RL hours and in-game millennium later, the Japanese conquered Earth.

Now time to play on Deity. =D