AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-19 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4764049)
New Exclusive: I WANTZ

Gundam Front Tokyo Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Fenix (Destroy Mode) Ver.GFT

2500 Yen

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uJbQ84MOBJ...4/s640/123.jpg

^ Wow, that's an official release? :twitch: I thought it's just a kitbash by a modeller. Looks pretty nice if I have to say so myself.

maknaedik 2013-07-19 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4764069)
^ Wow, that's an official release? :twitch: I thought it's just a kitbash by a modeller. Looks pretty nice if I have to say so myself.

HOMG! The v-fin is new, hahahahaha

Exia_00 2013-07-19 20:49

Now we know Banshee's Armed Armor DE will get vamped too! Lol

gummybear 2013-07-20 20:59

Quote:

Gundam Front Tokyo Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Fenix (Destroy Mode) Ver.GFT

2500 Yen

JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
*stuff money into their mouth
STOP RESISTING AND TAKE IT

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-21 03:16

On another topic, I just finished building my humble HG:

This guy:
http://i.imgur.com/3R2I2MB.jpg

Spoiler for Gundam Aesculapius:
Mini-review:
Negative:
  • Gundam Aesculapius an old HG kit from Wing line (G-Unit, to be exact), so don’t expect great articulation. Arms and legs can only bend 90 degrees, the shoulders (while in Gundam mode) can't even rotate, waist can only move slightly (can’t rotate too) and the feet also can’t move that much.
  • You need to apply a lot of stickers (especially for the gold color). I personally don’t hate sticker, but since many people do, I figured I’d put this “issue” here.
  • If you hate the stickers, that means you will have a lot of painting to do with this kit. This might be a bad news for those who don’t like both stickers and painting.
  • The hands looks ugly when it’s not holding its weapons. Also, the inner side of the arms are exposed to give the elbow-joint an opening to bend which doesn’t look that good.
  • It only has two beam sabers as weapons (no rifle nor shield). Oh, and the beam-effect is molded with the handle as one clear part. You need to paint the handle grey or silver to get the proper look.
Positive:
  • The kit looks really cool and badass with its exaggerated transformable shoulders and sinister-looking head & face.
  • For an old kit, it’s pretty detailed and molded nicely.
  • It’s up to taste, but it has a great color-combination. The purple-white-grey-gold-black combination really complement the the kit.
  • The kit is solid. There’s almost no flimsy part in it aside from the front skirt. But even that front skirt doesn’t flap crazily whe you move it.
  • Bandai give you a sheet of peel-off decals which usually non-existent in non-HGUC kits.
  • The stickers (for what its worth) is nice and can be applied easily and stick firmly except the little gold parts on the shoulders.
  • The beam-effect for the beam saber looks really good and unique coz it’s made specifically for the kit IIRC, just like any other HGs from Wing line.
  • The transformation into Close-Combat Mode is nice and enjoayble. You just have to pop the head and fiddle with the shoulders and backpack a little, and it’s done ^_^.
  • The kit is really cheap (about $8 max here) as long as you don't buy it from Toys R' Us or something.

Providenceangle 2013-07-21 07:42

That kit is sick. The colour combo is really interesting. Too bad about the foil stickers on it lol

Appel 2013-07-21 10:53

Quote:

2500 Yen

Welp, that is a thing now...
I recently saw that image on 4chan but I did not expect it to be an official release.

It's butt ugly in my opinion. Also what the hell is it even supposed to be? Will it appear in the OVA? Is it part of a side story? I just think this thing is completely pointless O_o

Skye629 2013-07-21 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4766129)
Welp, that is a thing now...
I recently saw that image on 4chan but I did not expect it to be an official release.

It's butt ugly in my opinion. Also what the hell is it even supposed to be? Will it appear in the OVA? Is it part of a side story? I just think this thing is completely pointless O_o

Its gonna be in one of those Japanese promo vids for a project/product/event or something, thats it, a GFT Promo cash grab

@Obelisk: Nice kit! Where do you get those btw? Interested in seeing what else that line has

Appel 2013-07-21 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4766346)
Its gonna be in one of those Japanese promo vids for a project/product/event or something, thats it, a GFT Promo cash grab

Yeah. That's probably gonna be it. There is just no way they fully reveal a third Unicorn like that and then actually put it in the OVA^^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-21 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4766346)
@Obelisk: Nice kit! Where do you get those btw? Interested in seeing what else that line has

I bought it on a whim quite some time ago in a hobby shop in the city where I went to college.

There are five Gundam kits from G-Unit line (G-Unit is Wing side-story). Beside Aesculapius, they are:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) The kits actually look nicer when you see it for yourself, and you can make it look better with some panel-lining and painting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4766359)
There is just no way they fully reveal a third Unicorn like that and then actually put it in the OVA^^

It would be surprising if they pull a "Perfect Strike" on that Phoenix like in SEED Remaster anime :D.

Providenceangle 2013-07-21 19:34

If you had enough patience and skill. I bet you could adapt current pose-ability into these kits. They really do look good! Just need a bit more articulation.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Skye629 2013-07-22 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4766472)
I bought it on a whim quite some time ago in a hobby shop in the city where I went to college.

There are five Gundam kits from G-Unit line (G-Unit is Wing side-story). Beside Aesculapius, they are:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) The kits actually look nicer when you see it for yourself, and you can make it look better with some panel-lining and painting.

I like the Griepe and the one you built the best (going by looks), how much are these nowadays and are they of the HG 1/100 line? Or the 1/144 HGs?

Providenceangle 2013-07-22 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4766894)
I like the Griepe and the one you built the best (going by looks), how much are these nowadays and are they of the HG 1/100 line? Or the 1/144 HGs?

Only site I've seen them on is HLJ. They are listed at 600-800 yen, with a August restock.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-22 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4766894)

So, you like Griepe? Me too. It’s the main Gundam after all :D.

I’d say it’s around $10 or less. Some store might charge you more due to the kit’s rarity, though I think Bandai still re-produce these kits. Careful not to be ripped-off.

It’s in HG 1/144 scale. Will be good companions for the upcoming HGAC kits, or better yet, Bandai might remade these Gundams in HGAC including some other Gundams from G-Unit manga which didn’t get made into kits. I know, the chance is miniscule, but one can dream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4765913)
That kit is sick. The colour combo is really interesting. Too bad about the foil stickers on it lol

Can't believe I missed your post. Yeah, the foil stickers can be a real piece of work. Definitely not for someone who lacks patience in applying stickers or painting.

Providenceangle 2013-07-22 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4767014)
Can't believe I missed your post. Yeah, the foil stickers can be a real piece of work. Definitely not for someone who lacks patience in applying stickers or painting.

If anything I should thank you. I'm seriously considering getting some of those kits. I've got some cool ideas to make it more badass!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-22 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4767039)
If anything I should thank you. I'm seriously considering getting some of those kits. I've got some cool ideas to make it more badass!

You're welcome. And by all means, go ahead. I'd like to see your finished work. Also, those kits are so cheap you might as well buy the whole set :D.

Providenceangle 2013-07-22 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4767041)
You're welcome. And by all means, go ahead. I'd like to see your finished work. Also, those kits are so cheap you might as well buy the whole set :D.

Availability is the only issue there... Some people seem to think these kits are gold. I've seen them on ebay for 140 USD lol.

Edit: My gunpla came today yay... More projects to have go unfinished for months lol

Lots of work ahead

Providenceangle 2013-07-22 19:04

Managed to get it dry built at least:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps6bccec4c.jpg

LoweGear 2013-07-22 23:15

MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero:

Dat neo bird mode :eek:

Edit:

Also, DAT BEAUTIFUL GOLD FRAME:

Appel 2013-07-23 04:20

I am starting to like the MG RX-78-2 3.0 quite a lot.
Why? Because it is a big RG kit that you actually have to build yourself.
I really like that you actually have to build the whole frame instead of just popping the limbs off the runner and slapping the armor on.
RGs are great, but they are boring to build in my opinion. The new MGs seem to fix the only problem I had with them! And since it is bigger than the RG Gundam I am also willing to bet that it's gonna be a lot more solid and won't fall apart as easily.