AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   World of Warships [Wargaming.net] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106312)

LoweGear 2011-08-16 07:45

World of Warships [Wargaming.net]

Wargaming.net declares Naval Warfare

http://statcdn.worldoftanks.com/comc...age_01_480.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wargaming.net
Wargaming.net announces World of Battleships, a free-to-play naval action MMO based on epic sea battles of the 20th century that will complete the “World of” war trilogy.

Keeping with the best traditions of the series, World of Battleships will offer a straightforward interface, easy-to-use controls, and a common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three games for the ultimate progress in each of them.

The large assortment of available warships will give various tactical opportunities, as all the machines have a unique combination of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance. Various naval maps with changing weather conditions will enrich the gameplay, and the realistic graphics will transport players into the epic battles that changed the course of human history.

Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi states: “Humans always needed to conquer the elements — earth, water and air. With World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships we will offer players to conquer all, simultaneously.”

Land, Sea and Air simultaneously? Damn :eyespin:

RRW 2012-12-30 14:40

http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/201...questions.html

Interesting that Aircraft carrier will have RTS Gameplay

Sumeragi 2012-12-30 14:48

I'll stick with WoT.

Blaat 2012-12-30 15:14

The anime geek in me is demanding that I play this game and farm till I get the Yamato.

After that I'll go the forums and ask why the 'wave motion gun' isn't in game. :heh:

Strigon 13 2012-12-30 15:36

I hope it get the same style that Midway has. At least it will be more familiar that way...

BTW if we have a WoT & WoB threads, then is missing a World of Warplanes one.

RRW 2012-12-30 15:59

By current pace it will be release in 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 4494612)
I hope it get the same style that Midway has. At least it will be more familiar that way...

BTW if we have a WoT & WoB threads, then is missing a World of Warplanes one.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ighlight=world

Duo Maxwell 2012-12-30 16:06

Looking forward to this one. I don't really like Airplane much, but Tank and Battleship are 2 things I couldn't miss.

Ithekro 2012-12-30 16:23

It would be unfair if the Japanese get a Wave Motion Engine upgrade.

willx 2012-12-30 17:55

Hmm.. I don't know why but pure air combat has never been as much a draw to me as naval and land combat. Then again, separating air and naval combat in any WW2 or post setting is just .. foolish. I'm going to keep an open mind but enjoy my tanks in the meantime .. :p

I have to admit, one draw for me, is that inevitably if people are controlling battleships, cruisers and aircraft carriers .. the scale of the conflict increases immensely and I've always been a more "macro" than "micro" guy .. :heh:

LeoXiao 2012-12-30 18:20

I am sorely disappointed that there are no submarines. I know that they would be even more hated than arty, but really WG? I'm sure there are ways to make them balanced.

That being said, I will go straight for the Yamato.

Drake 2012-12-30 19:28

Yeah it seems like an obvious addition to naval combat especially given how important they where during the war.

I'd definitely go the U-boat route if there had been one.

Traece 2012-12-31 05:40

Keep in mind that Navy Field went years before they added submarines. World of Tanks has had a lot of content added in since when it came out featuring only a limited tree of German and Russian tanks. Now they have large trees for France, The U.S.A, and GBritain on top of large Russian and German trees. What I am most curious about is what two factions will be most prominent in this game when it launches. I suspect that it will be prominently the Pacific front with Japan and the U.S., but it's possible that they would use Germany as the prominent Axis faction since they probably have better access to documentation because of their location in the world. Only time will tell! :cool:

Oh, I forgot about aircraft carriers! This will be a very interesting issue for Wargaming to handle because they ended up being the big winner on the naval front. In fact, aircraft carriers are so useful that they're the measure of power and the focal point of navies in the modern world. The United States has naval supremacy because we have the best aircraft carrier technology on the planet, and more of them than anyone else. Even back in WWII, aircraft carriers were quickly taking their place at the top of the chain.

Fun little tidbit: The two more notable Axis battleships of WWII, the Yamato and Bismarck, would hate aircraft carriers if they were people (or if this were Hetalia). The Bismarck was scuttled by its crew after having been severely damaged attempting to escape a British fleet that was making chase; however the first strike that was largely responsible for its inevitable sinking was bombers from the Arc Royale carrier. The Yamato was actually sunk by aircraft. I believe there was another notable German battleship that was actually sunk by a magazine explosion caused by an aircraft, but I forgot the name!

Ithekro 2012-12-31 12:24

Gneisenau had a mazagine explostion due to a bomb hit. She was not sunk by this, but by that time in the war, it was considered too expensive to repair and the leadership no longer carried for naval warships. She was used as a blockship after that.

It was suggested that the bomb that hit her did not penetrate the armor, but went squarely through an open hatch on the turret.

Scharnhorst was done in by the HMS Duke of York and torpedo fire from cruisers and destroyers.

Tirpitz was attacked many times and done in by several 12,000 pound bombs.

Bismarck was technically done in by two things. Prince of Wales hit him once and basically mission killed him by putting a hole in his fuel comparment. Not only did this make the mission impossible, it also slowed him down a little. Ark Royal's planes took care of his rudder on his way back to France. The British still claim they sank him with torpedoes, but due to how he sits in the mud, thre is no way to confirm that. Presently it seems more likely he was scuttled as the Germans said they did (as from what they can see it seems the ship's torpedo bulkheads are still intact).

Yamato and her sister ship Musashi both took massive numbers of bombs and torpedoes to sink. Musashi took more due to the Americans hitting both sides of the ship with torpedoes so she sank more slowly on an even keel. For Yamato (having learned from sinking Musashi) they focused on one side for the most part, so she rolled over and exploded.

One Japanese battleship (of the era) survived the war. Nagato (the first modern battleship to have 16" guns back in 1920) survived to be used at the Bikini Atoll atomic bomb tests along with several other captured vessels and many older American warships. The other surviving Japanese battleship was a museum piece....Mikasa, which currently still exists in a concrete drydock. She was a from the Russo-Japanese War over a century ago (and built in Britain).

Endless Soul 2012-12-31 15:14

Ah, I didn't know there was a World of Warships thread in this forum. This is the game I'm really waiting for. WoT is more like a "Killing time with my friends" game for me. I'll definitely be going the IJN route. :)

As for simultaneous air-sea-land action, this is actually nothing new. I was actually involved in the beta testing of World War II Online back in 2000.

Battlefield 1942 also involved air-sea-land action, but in my opinion, had very arcade style gameplay, and I got bored with it pretty fast.

Endless "floo burns" Soul

Hooves 2012-12-31 21:09

Wob and Wot

How the world will end with the world of booms!

LoweGear 2013-01-18 05:24

Wargaming reveals World Of Warships In-Game look

So it's called World of Warships now, interesting. Looks good as can be expected.

http://wargaming.com/media/wows_scre...k_image_11.jpg

Ithekro 2013-01-18 06:17

The most messed up thing would be skins for the Girls und Panzers city ships. To scale.

Duo Maxwell 2013-01-18 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 4517433)
The most messed up thing would be skins for the Girls und Panzers city ships. To scale.

You spelled "awesome" wrong.

Endless Soul 2013-01-18 09:57

I could see some Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio skins being done.

Ithekro 2013-01-18 22:26

There will probably be a Space Battleship mod/skin as well....cause that's just what people do when they have a Yamato.

LoweGear 2013-01-19 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 4518400)
There will probably be a Space Battleship mod/skin as well....cause that's just what people do when they have a Yamato.

As long as it also has the Wave Motion Gun :uhoh:

Ithekro 2013-01-19 12:54

Difficult to aim and would leave you helpless for a period of time. A two meter (or more) spinal mounted cannon will do that I guess.

I suppose that would take the old tank destroyer. self propelled gun idea into the ship world though.....

Hooves 2013-01-19 14:28

World of Planes is in the making. I just have this feeling they are planning to cover Naval, Land, and Air.

LoweGear 2013-06-03 10:31

New Screenshots and Renders for World of Warships

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
World of Warships will be making a closed appearance in E3 this year, looking forward to impressions of it.

Hooves 2013-06-03 16:46

With how strange World of Airplanes was to me. I started to lose a little interest.

LoweGear 2013-06-03 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 4707337)
With how strange World of Airplanes was to me. I started to lose a little interest.

I kinda don't blame you, since Warplanes was rather strange initially. Having tried it again now though, it's actually a lot more playable now - for one, they now have an MKB control scheme that doesn't involve you "dragging" the plane to your cursor. :heh:

Warships shouldn't be as strange as Warplanes though, due to the fact that like Tanks, combat primarily takes place in a 2D plane as opposed to Warplanes' 3D combat. And since it's the ocean, you don't have to worry about stuff like gun depression. :heh:

Endless Soul 2013-06-03 20:21

You might have to worry about gun depression if the smaller enemy ships get close enough to you.

wredsa 2013-06-24 20:36

World of Warships

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7sx3qu5EF8

Looks more fun than World of Tanks. I would love to command a sub.

LoweGear 2013-06-24 22:12

1. There's already an existing thread. Note that back when the thread was created the game was still called "World of Battleships".

2. That footage is from the game Battlestations: Pacific, not World of Warships.

Endless Soul 2013-06-25 06:44

3. There will be no subs in the game.

Firefly00 2013-06-25 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaat (Post 4494594)
The anime geek in me is demanding that I play this game and farm till I get the Yamato.

After that I'll go the forums and ask why the 'wave motion gun' isn't in game. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4518987)
As long as it also has the Wave Motion Gun :uhoh:

Thanks, now I'm tempted to break out the PS2 and get some more stick time on Koei's Warship Gunner games. Which have a plethora of WMGs (the second game has one called 'sepia pulse cannon' that fires a black energy bolt) and at least one boss that uses them.

Spoiler for WMG-using bosses:

Also curious as to whether this will follow in their footsteps and have a Habakkuk/Habbakuk boss fight somewhere...

wredsa 2013-06-25 10:11

My apologies.

Though it seems number 3 is correct, cuz there seems to be a sub gameplay on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0x-yMXGUSo

I hope we get to see modern Warships too.

Endless Soul 2013-06-25 10:27

They plan to have warships from the HMS Dreadnought to the end of the Korean War, so roughly from 1906 to 1953. We won't see anything more modern than that, which is basically getting into the ship launched missile era.

Endless "Naval rifles" Soul

wredsa 2013-06-25 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4736369)
They plan to have warships from the HMS Dreadnought to the end of the Korean War, so roughly from 1906 to 1953. We won't see anything more modern than that, which is basically getting into the ship launched missile era.

Endless "Naval rifles" Soul

That is disappointing :(

LeoXiao 2014-01-01 12:05

Some information about the Japanese line in WoWS, featuring an IJN expert.

Teru, is this Miyanaga dude related to you in any way? :heh:

LoweGear 2014-08-16 13:30

Gamescom vid showing off some ships, the tech tree and research:

Looks like US and Japan will be the initial release trees, with Britain and Russia post-release.

LoweGear 2014-08-19 07:42

This likely won't last long, so watch while it's up:

Duo Maxwell 2014-08-19 09:12

Indeed. It's already dead.

Gravitas Free Zone 2014-08-19 09:28

It's an unauthorized alpha leak, and the players look like potatoes, so it's difficult to judge the gameplay.

Firing arcs look like they would reward proper formations and maneuvers, but if it's anything like WoT it'll just turn into a giant disorganized brawl anyway.

kaizerknight01 2014-08-19 12:35

looks good as former Navy field player i prefer Battleships & carriers than Tanks ( Well it been fun too)

My target is the get the Iowa's then the Yamato ( In NF played 3 navies USN RN IJN )