AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Maria-sama (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Marimite OVA Ending - Kotoko - Chercher (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37898)

Meliavor 2006-10-26 04:00

Marimite OVA Ending - Kotoko - Chercher

So the ending song is finally out.
Personally I cant quite hide the disappointment that it just sounds like another one of Kotokos random songs, in no way do I think it suits Marimite. Oh wells, I guess we'll have to wait and see if it fits the OVA.

mintyfresh 2006-10-26 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliavor (Post 719671)
it just sounds like another one of Kotokos random songs, in no way do I think it suits Marimite.

My thoughts exactly. But I'm still in too much of a high now that the OAV is soon approaching to feel too bad about it.. ( ´∀`)ノ

dxanato 2006-10-27 07:40

I agree with you both in that song while nice it just doest not feel like it Marimite at all. You maybe right in that since it would be for OVA it may fit better unlike the TV series which has it high and low in emotional ending the OVA ending may differ.

toriayumi 2006-10-27 08:02

I've heard it!!! well i doesn't sounds really like Marimite...don't you think it's too cheerful???makes me think of marimite as a random normal anime ><

Blablabla 2006-10-27 13:17

Heard it and it is the worst thing I've heard this year... How can they put such a crap on Marimite ? >__>

SailorMoon4ever 2006-10-28 10:02

ehhh I really dislike this one ...:frustrated: and I was looking forward to it.Kinda reminds me of Da Capo music...

Woland 2006-10-28 20:54

Brrrr that nearly killed all my enthusiasm for the new season :upset:
For a first contact it's something more than disappointing...

shadowWizz 2006-10-29 10:02

I'm probaly used to the slow paced songs they used for both season 1 and 2, now this fast paced one comes along and i'm so not used to it... :heh:
Maybe because my japanese skills are limited to those used more often in anime, i can't really understand the song enough to see how are they going to arrange this into the OVA.

Anyway, i saw the music video / promotional video for the song on youtube, thought i just post the link here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOFmzBVLvA

Neku 2006-10-29 10:37

I just listened to Chercher.. uh.. I'm not sure how would it fit, but I guess it'll fit.

PS: shadowWizz, no offence if you or anyone here is a KOTOKO fan.. but I thought she looked horrifying in red and that hairdo(in the video) >.<;;

dxanato 2006-10-29 11:22

The look of the Video I though it was very much like Marimite but the style of the sound to me does not match well but than again what do I know.

Meliavor 2006-10-30 09:56

yeah lol, it's almost amusing how kotoko tries to move her lips slower than the pace the lyrics are coming out.

dxanato 2006-10-31 15:03

Actually I talking to the fact she in one point hold 3 different rose color and what I guess I Rose Gigantea appear quite a bit on the video. The video course if fill with red color which I would guess it reference to Rose Chineses which we all know is the main focus of the story.

dxanato 2006-11-02 11:27

Kana Ueda I almost would like this song to be the ending to OVA Marimite. What do you guys think? I never knew Yumi ie Kana Ueda would sing. :)

miyuky chan 2006-11-03 20:35

well.... I cant say I´m really dessapoinned, I mean, true, It´s not exactly what you would expect of an ending of this series, but, hey, I think Its time of evolution n_n jejeje.I dont know... I think the song is cute=) and I really like kotoko, I think she is a great singer, and she has experience singing song foryuri animes(remember knm??) lets give her a chance, after all, if they pick a song like this, must be for a reason, open your minds n_n
sayonara

Noriko 2006-11-16 12:19

Yeah, I think Kotoko's song is nice but its feeling isn't quite fitting my Marimite image ^^; oh well... I hope I'll see the ova one day

>>dxanato :
Hey ! i didn't know she released albums on her own ! i mean i heard her sing in anime, but i didn't know she made any song unrelated to anime, I'm glad, she has a nice voice and this song you pointed out is good, I like it a lot! I didn't expect her to sing this kind of songs either ^-^

Natsuki Kuga 2006-11-19 10:56

yup...i like de song too. It kinna nice and this time it sounds more cheerful den be4...

cant wait for ova to be release....haiz 29 of nov 2006....@_@

Noriko 2006-12-06 06:03

After watching the ova, I agree that the song's cheerful tone matches somehow the end...but I still find that another cheerful but more peaceful song would have been more befitting Marimite. I mean, I would have found 'Chercher' suitable for any standard cute shoujo anime (i don't know if the high-pitch voice of kotoko has anything to do with this impression...), and here I think it lacks 'something' to be a perfect match with the ova... :heh:

niwasatou 2006-12-06 09:23

"suitable for any standard cute shoujo anime" would, in this case, rather be "suitable for any standard moe~ seinen anime". :p
KOTOKO's songs are known to be a kind of moe. Most listeners are male.
Jeez, now, keep the males off my Marimite (j/k) :heh:

Noriko 2006-12-06 15:49

Quote:

would, in this case, rather be "suitable for any standard moe~ seinen anime".
LOL, yeah, I just wanted to sound non-biased ^_~ I like eupheurisms ^^; I'm always worried about offending any possible fan ^^;

dxanato 2007-03-09 20:49

KOTOKO Kirei na senritsu Finally got release found on youtube.com. I can't say I like this song. Kind sad that Cherker felt a little better than this one.