AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [MANGA] Bleach Weekly Chapter 500+ Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113278)

justavisitor 2017-07-09 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 6107548)
I always felt like Bleach would never transition well to a live action adaption. This trailer has done little to make me feel different so far. But we'll see.

The actor was the male lead in Kamen rider fourze, a live-action super series, so have faith in him :heh:

Mad Pierrot 2017-07-10 06:59

Of course, I think this film should solely focus on Karakura Town. If they go straight to Soul Society, the movie might feel too episode similar to Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary

Galaxian 2017-07-10 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 6107553)
The actor was the male lead in Kamen rider fourze, a live-action super series, so have faith in him :heh:

Also is not the first time it happens. The actor who played Kamen Rider Den-O went of to star on the Rurouni Kenshin live-action movies, and those turned out pretty good.

Mad Pierrot 2017-10-09 18:54

So... what happened with the novels?

Galaxian 2017-10-09 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6149598)
So... what happened with the novels?

The RenRuki novel is already done while only half of the Detective Hisagi novel is out.

Galaxian 2018-12-07 14:39

The novel has revealed two new bankai...

Meanwhile, the Q&A portion of the artbook, Bleach Jet, has revealed a couple of things from the end of the series:
-Ichigo studied English literature.
-Isshin is still running the Kurosaki clinic.
-Ichigo and Orihime formally started going out when he finish college.
-Kazui is two years younger than Ichika.
-Urahara is still tricking Orihime into revealing outfit by using Ichigo as the excuse.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2018-12-07 17:39

Do we have names for both?

Galaxian 2018-12-07 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 6303507)
Do we have names for both?

The latest volume is still being translated, so far we only have the name for Shinji's: Sakashima Yokoshima Happōfusagari.

According to some quick translations, on top of reversing the sense of direction like reversing a person's sense of direction like Sakanade, it can even reverse concepts since it can allegedly "turn friend into enemy and enemy into friend", so it's very dangerous to use around allies.

Meanwhile, Hisagi's bankai supposedly binds him to his opponent with the chains and if one of them suffers any damage while it's active so those the other.

Kanon 2018-12-07 19:27

Shinji's bankai sounds super OP.

I heard Bleach is going to have a booth at Jump Festa this year. The manga is done so there's no fixing it, but it would be great if the anime returned and adapted the final arc as Kubo originally envisioned it. Might as well adapt the novels, as well. I'm also hoping for a Burn the Witch serialization. If I get none of that, I'll be disappointed.

I may have shat on the final arc a lot, but I really do miss Bleach. Seeing pictures from the new artbook had me feeling pretty nostalgic.

Galaxian 2018-12-07 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6303534)
Shinji's bankai sounds super OP.

I heard Bleach is going to have a booth at Jump Festa this year. The manga is done so there's no fixing it, but it would be great if the anime returned and adapted the final arc as Kubo originally envisioned it. Might as well adapt the novels, as well. I'm also hoping for a Burn the Witch serialization. If I get none of that, I'll be disappointed.

I may have shat on the final arc a lot, but I really do miss Bleach. Seeing pictures from the new artbook had me feeling pretty nostalgic.

Assuming that Narita got the information about Shinji's bankai from Kubo, I wonder if maybe Shinji was originally meant to be the one who defeated Gerard. Using his Bankai to turn the Quincy's perception of hope into despair and eliminating his regenerative abilities.

Endscape 2018-12-07 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 6303550)
Assuming that Narita got the information about Shinji's bankai from Kubo, I wonder if maybe Shinji was originally meant to be the one who defeated Gerard. Using his Bankai to turn the Quincy's perception of hope into despair and eliminating his regenerative abilities.

The novel hints at that, so I think that was the plan.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2018-12-17 05:10

Well well, the Bleach JET art book is out, and it has some interesting new pics (I think around 6), and a new interview from Kubo. It's a fun watch/read.

Galaxian 2021-08-05 11:42

Bleach is getting a new chapter on this week's Shounen Jump issue to celebrate the manga's 20th's anniversary.

Kanon 2021-08-05 18:16

We got Kubo'd.

The new chapter is actually a set-up for a brand new arc.

Spoiler for Special chapter:

I wonder what that means for Burn the Witch.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2021-08-05 23:21

I hope BtW isn’t getting canned because of this. Also,
Spoiler:

Kanon 2021-08-06 17:05

I loved this chapter more than any manga chapter since... Chainsaw Man. So not that long ago, but yeah. It was really nice to see the cast again, and even nicer that we're finally getting Kubo's version of hell.

Ukitake's zanpakutou is fucking huge, what's going on? Did the dead captains turn into giants? Was the giant hand we saw the first time the gates of hell opened in front of Ichigo actually the hand of a previous captain?

Regarding Ichigo's zanpakuto, I really hope the dual swords haven't been dropped. My theory is that this is actually Zangetsu's sealed state, meaning we may see Ichigo release his shikai (so, the dual swords) using a command for the first time in the series.

Galaxian 2021-08-06 21:53

Love Ichika, Mayuri being productive out of sheer pettiness, the banter between Ichigo and Renji, Rukia trying to figure out smartphones and face time, the new lieutenants, Akon finally seeing some action, Kira's new Shinigami uniform, and just the set up as a whole.

OH&S 2021-08-06 23:01

I am on record for being a massive Bleach hater. But even I can't deny the amusement of getting Kubo'd in current year.

As for the actual chapter... Bleach always had amusing character interactions but I was less convinced about the way Kubo went about with his worldbuilding, foreshadowing and inefficient use of manga panels. ...and that continued here.

Here's to another 10 years of getting Kubo'd.

B214 2021-08-07 02:56

Meanwhile Aizen is still everything is going as planned. XD

SidVicious 2021-08-07 06:23

The new chapter was good.
I want more.