AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you like TEA ? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23461)

??? 2004-11-07 21:14

Do you like TEA ?

Ok.. I drink tea everyday, in very large quantity... the reason why i drink it is because it keeps me awake all night more then coffee and more healthy then coffee. I know that japanese peoples drink alot of tea cause its part of ther culture, especialy green tea. Everytime an anime character drink tea it makes me wanna drink tea even more. Maybe im addicted i donno what to say, i love tea.

Enhancing immune function
Lowering LDL cholesterol levels
Increasing HDL cholesterol levels
Reducing blood pressure
Thinning the blood
Reducing the risk of a heart attack
Lowering the risk of stroke
Reducing the risk of cancer
Boosting longevity
Aiding digestion
Preventing dental cavities and gingivitis

My favorite tea is the Chai Tea (Black Tea), what's your favorite tea ?

Shay 2004-11-07 21:22

You can flush all those plus points down the crapper if you drink tea the way I do.

Spoon full of tea and a cup full of sugar is the only way to drink tea!1

raikage 2004-11-07 21:24

I drink tea, but not because I saw someone do it in an anime once...

Meow 2004-11-07 21:31

Stevia

My favorite Tea is Stevia, MUCH MORE SWEET THEN SUGAR OR HONEY ! And do Prevent cavities and sugar level ! Its just a leaf. not like sugar :nono:

Sugar is BADDDDDDD

1 drop of stevia = 3 spoon of sugar
stevia is primarily used as a sweetener in Japan.

http://www.stevia.net/

Tzurial 2004-11-07 21:43

wow, I am a HUGE tea fan.

Im not too fond of the spice flavor most Indian teas have, but Chai is indeed exceptional and I like it's darker character. Myself, I tend to favor green teas..my favorite being toasted green tea (Hoji-cha) and brown rice tea is up there too (Genmai-cha). Jasmine tea is another one I like a lot, but more for the aroma than the taste because it gets bitter easily. I recently picked up Pekoe tea and I'd recommend that if you like Oolong.

What do you think of red tea? I really want to like it because of all it's health benefits, but honestly...it tastes like cough medicine.

ramune 2004-11-07 22:00

I drink tea, but I really don't like green tea though.

Shay 2004-11-07 22:00

My favourite tea is PG Tips then closely followed by Tetley’s. :D

TronDD 2004-11-07 22:05

I hate tea. It's aweful.

I don't like flavored water unless it's really strong. Coffee for example. I can't drink something that tastes watered down. Nothing like Fruit 2O or just a twist of lemon in a glass of water. Nasty.

Tea strong enough to not taste watered down tastes pretty bad, too.

guest 2004-11-07 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow
My favorite Tea is Stevia, MUCH MORE SWEET THEN SUGAR OR HONEY ! And do Prevent cavities and sugar level ! Its just a leaf. not like sugar :nono:

Sugar is BADDDDDDD

1 drop of stevia = 3 spoon of sugar
stevia is primarily used as a sweetener in Japan.

http://www.stevia.net/

Really??? Where can you get this Stevia (not online, please)? Starbucks? Do you recommend any brand? Maybe this can finally get rid of my fear toward tea. Right now...tea...plain bitter, too bitter. :o If you don't mind sharing, please do tell. :D

Bronwen Stx 2004-11-07 22:27

I love tea. One can say I'm addicted to it. But then again...I like anything that can keep you awake...like coffee.

*coughs* Anyways, I probably prefer jasmine tea over anything else but I'm willing to drink all sorts of flavour, sometimes I put honey in my tea. Yum.

Muir Woods 2004-11-07 22:28

I think there could be more options in this poll than just YES or NO (eg. "I like tea plain", "I like tea with sugar & cream"...). Anyways, I used drink tea, so I voted yes. My favorite kind of tea is red tea. More specifically, I like Oolong tea [鳥龍茶], and I used to drink it straight up, nearly everyday in the afternoon. But now I have to wake up at 6:30 AM, so I drink coffee in the morning. I find the one-two punch of caffeine and glucose gives me the energy I need to stay awake in my (very dull) bio 101 class at 8 AM. ZZZ.

Meow 2004-11-07 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
Really??? Where can you get this Stevia (not online, please)? Starbucks? Do you recommend any brand? Maybe this can finally get rid of my fear toward tea. Right now...tea...plain bitter, too bitter. :o If you don't mind sharing, please do tell. :D

Its found in any Herbal Naturist Store (herbologist store). You can buy it as herb tea or liquid drop bottle. Because i love things sweet, i usualy add stevia drops on my milk, juice, cereal instead of sugar cause sugar is not good for your blood so. Yeah stevia is only an herb that taste MEGA MEGA sweet and is also good for you cause it contains vitamins. NOTHING on earth is sweeter then Stevia.

I recomment it to diabetes and dental care. After sleep i brush my teeth and then i take a drop of stevia to keep the sweet taste inside of my mouth :heh:
Sugar cause 100% cavities as for Stevia it kills germs and prevent cavities.

No maltose, no dextrose, no fructose, no FOS, or other carbohydrates like maltodextrin, NO Aspartame.

And taste the same as white sugar.

http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/stevsug.shtml
http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/steviawhy.shtml

mintyfresh 2004-11-07 23:02

What a peculiar thread.. ^^;

Well, yes, I drink tea. I like to have at least a cup or two everyday. Unless I'm completely drained, i always have a cup of tea with me on my drive to school/work instead of coffee.

Granted, I love coffee (and it's various cousins) as well. Seeing as I live in souther california, it's not too hard to come by seeing as there's a starbucks or/and coffee bean on every other corner. It's usually a life saver for me on some of the more sluggish days in my 3 hour classes..

But tea is stil my one true love -- simply the perfect way to start/end a day.

AnimeFangirl 2004-11-07 23:07

Earl Grey > all of you, mmkay? :D I like plain old tea in a teabag or tea leaves. None of those fancy herbal teas and weird thingies for me. Green tea isn't bad, but it's just funny-tasting hot water. Tea has to be TEA!! And don't forget the cream and sugar!!

mintyfresh 2004-11-07 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl
Earl Grey > all of you, mmkay? :D

you took the words out of my mouth.

Cammie 2004-11-07 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl
Earl Grey > all of you, mmkay? :D I like plain old tea in a teabag or tea leaves. None of those fancy herbal teas and weird thingies for me. Green tea isn't bad, but it's just funny-tasting hot water. Tea has to be TEA!! And don't forget the cream and sugar!!

I like Earl Grey also with some cream no sugar. My opinion sugar kills the flavor for hot and cold tea. Jasmine tea is by far my favorite. :) I really don't like those flavored teas with the hint of orange, cranberry, mint, ect...

edit: I'll have to try Chai Tea

Pika 2004-11-07 23:17

Stevia Tea kicks Gatorade's ASS :bow: :bow: :bow:

guest 2004-11-07 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow
Its found in any Herbal Naturist Store (herbologist store). You can buy it as herb tea or liquid drop bottle. Because i love things sweet, i usualy add stevia drops on my milk, juice, cereal instead of sugar cause sugar is not good for your blood so. Yeah stevia is only an herb that taste MEGA MEGA sweet and is also good for you cause it contains vitamins. NOTHING on earth is sweeter then Stevia.

I recomment it to diabetes and dental care. After sleep i brush my teeth and then i take a drop of stevia to keep the sweet taste inside of my mouth :heh:
Sugar cause 100% cavities as for Stevia it kills germs and prevent cavities.

No maltose, no dextrose, no fructose, no FOS, or other carbohydrates like maltodextrin, NO Aspartame.

And taste the same as white sugar.

http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/stevsug.shtml
http://www.emperorsherbologist.com/steviawhy.shtml

In other word, I have to make my own cup of Stevia if I want to try this. :eyebrow: I thougt I could just buy a cup of this somewhere. I just don't want to buy a jar of Stevia tea leaves and find out that I don't like it.
I guess I will keep my eyes peeled and look for a place where it's available. :cool:
By the way, do I have to learn how to make tea with this? My idea of tea is just hot water plus tea leaves. Is there anything I should know before I do this to Stevia? :D

sarcasteak 2004-11-07 23:31

I like the cheap tea they always serve in Chinese restaurants...I just drink them like water. :D

AnimeFangirl 2004-11-07 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie
I like Earl Grey also with some cream no sugar. My opinion sugar kills the flavor for hot and cold tea. Jasmine tea is by far my favorite. :) I really don't like those flavored teas with the hint of orange, cranberry, mint, ect...

edit: I'll have to try Chai Tea

I can go without sugar for hot tea, but if it's cold tea, there's gotta be some sweetness in there. Speaking of cold tea, has anyone tried that cold tea they serve at Chinese places, where they put some tapioca in it? Big brown pearls of tapioca, not the glutinous white type. It's quite delicious, though I don't have a clue what it's called. :p