AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Airmaster ep 14 won't playback? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16093)

pontupo 2004-06-24 08:21

Airmaster ep 14 won't playback?

Hey all. I have been having a lot of trouble with Airmaster ep 14. I have downloaded the HQA & N! ep a number of times now and from different packages too (I haven't found it available alone). None of the the other eps in the packages have a problem, only that one. I use VLC for OS X and for Windows 2000/XP and it simply won't playback. With the OS X VLC I get a couple of error messages that look like this:

avi: avi module discarded (invalid file)
mpeg_system: unable to determine stream type

The Windows version just doesn't do anything (i.e. opens then closes the file). Tried using Media Player, but with WMP I just get the same old "error downloading codec" crap and then just audio (I think I get audio. I have been testing at work with no speakers :) ). Has anyone else had this problem or have a potential solution? :help: I suppose I can just entertain myself with my other shows for now, but I mean, COME ON. It was right at a climax!! T_T

_Sin_ 2004-06-24 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontupo
Hey all. I have been having a lot of trouble with Airmaster ep 14. I have downloaded the HQA & N! ep a number of times now and from different packages too (I haven't found it available alone). None of the the other eps in the packages have a problem, only that one. I use VLC for OS X and for Windows 2000/XP and it simply won't playback. With the OS X VLC I get a couple of error messages that look like this:

avi: avi module discarded (invalid file)
mpeg_system: unable to determine stream type

The Windows version just doesn't do anything (i.e. opens then closes the file). Tried using Media Player, but with WMP I just get the same old "error downloading codec" crap and then just audio (I think I get audio. I have been testing at work with no speakers :) ). Has anyone else had this problem or have a potential solution? :help: I suppose I can just entertain myself with my other shows for now, but I mean, COME ON. It was right at a climax!! T_T

Try this:

Uninstall all of your codecs, install ffdshow-alpha which you can get from here.([Level 1]) Playback with WMP.

pontupo 2004-06-24 09:19

:D Hey that worked! Thanks a lot! BTW, what is different about this file that prevents VLC from playing it. The only files that I have been unable to play with VLC are this one, corrupt files and RealMedia files. Have I just never run across a file like this one before? What kind of file is it? :hmm:

_Sin_ 2004-06-24 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontupo
:D Hey that worked! Thanks a lot! BTW, what is different about this file that prevents VLC from playing it. The only files that I have been unable to play with VLC are this one, corrupt files and RealMedia files. Have I just never run across a file like this one before? What kind of file is it? :hmm:

My bet is that Airmaster episode 14 was encoded with a different codec (sometimes it is already sufficient if the version of the codec is different) than the other episodes - that's why you could playback all but #14.