AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index Second Season - General Discussion [NO SPOILERS] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94416)

relentlessflame 2010-06-07 00:18

To Aru Majutsu no Index Second Season - General Discussion [NO SPOILERS]

Quoting from the General Discussion thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb075 (Post 3081572)
Index second season confirmed.

This thread is for speculation and general discussion about the second season, but please, as per normal Forum rules...

NO Novel spoilers, even behind spoiler tags!!!!!!!

You may discuss the light novels in the Light Novel thread, and there is also a Spoiler & Speculation thread where you can make novel-based predictions to your heart's content. Please obey this content rule in this thread.

magnum 2010-06-07 00:25

Yeah, it finally come. After long speculation about the second season, it's here.
First I though it was Railgun.

serenade_beta 2010-06-07 00:42

Hmm, I wonder why JC Staff's 2nd seasons don't have a good impression on me. That's what is worrying me...
................Hii~... The chills of remembering what happened to Zero no Tsukaima... :uhoh:

I only wish this doesn't get hit by the same curse... A mediocre show getting worse...?! Ueh... At least there is no chance it will get as fanservice-focused as ZnT... Right?

Anyways, looking forward to Saten-san's appearance... in the OP.
Stopped reading at volume 5, so everything is new for me.

Kakkou 2010-06-07 00:51

I always liked Saten and Uiharu more when their roles were limited to just OP cameos, so a second Index season is always welcome. Guess this means we'll get Railgun 2 after Index 2, which hopefully actually gives us the Sisters arc and less of the other girls. *murdered by railgun fans*

pampz21 2010-06-07 00:55

been waiting for conformation but this really a great news...by the way the pic didn't give me a really god impression cuz iv been reading the LN but why the hell is the pic still Mikoto and Index....o well still good knowing and Q>>>can't read kanji can someone tell me the release date?

BlueDo 2010-06-07 00:55

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

http://i48.tinypic.com/207arm1.jpg
Am I popular yet?

Chaos2Frozen 2010-06-07 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampz21 (Post 3081642)
by the way the pic didn't give me a really god impression cuz iv been reading the LN but why the hell is the pic still Mikoto and Index....?

They're still the two lead female characters you know :heh:

pampz21 2010-06-07 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3081684)
They're still the two lead female characters you know :heh:

not really....they change the lead every arc =P thats why it's a dating sim hahahaha

Jeffry2009 2010-06-07 01:50

Finally, I've been waiting for so long for this!!

Shinji103 2010-06-07 02:14

Aaaaaaaand:

HELL

****ING

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampz21 (Post 3081642)
...by the way the pic didn't give me a really god impression cuz iv been reading the LN but why the hell is the pic still Mikoto and Index....

Well, they are the two main heroines......

Don't worry, we'll get plenty of scans of the other females as the series gets closer and the characters make appearances.

And now for the long, excruciating wait for S2 to actually air.......... :(

Master Assassin 2010-06-07 03:11

The long and loud YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH from The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" is not enough for me to express my joy for this.

... I feel like crying for knowing it's going to be up this soon.

Bordix 2010-06-07 04:15

See, a little optimism won't hurt. Anyway great news, I teared up a little.

I have high expectations on the OP as I loved the previous openings in S1. I never did like railgun's openings, it felt dull.

BlueDo 2010-06-07 04:55

It all depends on the staff.
Things do tend to go that way, but people have high hope regardless.

NorthernFallout 2010-06-07 05:08

If they dig more into the background history and the world itself, I shall be a very happy viewer. That was something I missed in S1.

Although, I will enjoy it anyway because I preferred Index over Railgun regardless.

NorthernFallout 2010-06-07 05:16

I don't know. We'll have to wait and see, I'm just hoping they don't. The name gives me hope.

Chaos2Frozen 2010-06-07 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 3081823)
Some have really have high hopes over an ANIME SEQUEL regarding a MEDIOCRE title in an era of MOESHITZ. Isn't it going to be "more fan service and less context" as usual?

I don't know, the Toaru series seem to be doing quite well for itself...

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 3081852)
How are you sure they won't make another Railgun type of Index?

Because Index have alot more material from the Light Novel than Railgun?

Chaos2Frozen 2010-06-07 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 3081864)
That will be true "if" they follow the novel and don't "Rozario to Vampire S2" us.

Well, I don't know about Rosario, but we're talking at least two more seasons of 25episodes worth of material, I don't know about you but I don't see why JC staff would need an Anime Original arc, plus if it turns out the way I've predicted, then the 13th volume would be an excellent place to end the season, so they don't have to Shana'd the ending as well.

Nya~n 2010-06-07 05:42

besides, S1 proved itself to not need fanservice to carry it - the only fanservic-y stuff only got as far as imouto's shimapan which was mentioned in the novel iirc so it's following cannon and not just LOL HEY LET'S PUT FANSERVICE HERE FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING MORE VIEWERS; Aisa, Index and Komoe in bath towels and the first episode of the Angel Fall arc, which was more of ridiculous than fanservice anyway.

Also, Index and Railgun use different source mediums. Index, as a light novel, depends entirely on text to carry its story, therefore, the fact that it can do this well is mainly thanks to the CONTENT of the story rather than moe or flashy explosions, because there are only so many ways you can describe an explosion.

Railgun, as a manga, on the other hand requires a lot of visuals. Let's face it, if Railgun's graphics were removed, it wouldn't be able to tell its story as well as any light novel. What sells the manga then, other than the fact that it already has its ToAru fans? The graphics is what carries it, with flashy explosions and, you guessed it, moe art style and a whole lot of fanservice, like oooohhhh-misaka's-shirt-is-torn-we-have-a-titillating-glimpse-of-what-lies-under-her-shirt.

It is precisely this difference in source mediums that they are adapted differently - Index is obviously focused more on plot, underlying clues, Touma Sherlock-ing his way to the climax; while Railgun focuses more on moe, flashy explosions and Misaka MORE DAKKA-ing her way through.

If it's the same crew as S1 working on this, then they'd most likely follow the formula they've already been using for Index, rather than Railgun. Of course, unless, their sponsors decide to screw it up and insist that they add moeshit, then that's half the series ruined.

Marcus H. 2010-06-07 06:02

"Throw away your troubles and let Time take its course."

Or we should discuss which parts of the Light Novels are gonna get included in the anime. In the appropriate topic, that is. :P
It's less of a headache than to think that J.C.Staff is gonna make the ending for this one like in Shana. (And besides, the ending of Shana wasn't bad either.)

Chaos2Frozen 2010-06-07 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3081895)

Or we should discuss which parts of the Light Novels are gonna get included in the anime. In the appropriate topic, that is. :P

We can't :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3081596)
NO Novel spoilers, even behind spoiler tags!!!!!!!

Maahh~ There's not much to say otherwise :heh: It would be nice to hear some actual speculation from other people that haven't been corrupted by the power of the Magic Grimoires- I mean 'Light Novels'. But alas, virgins are a rarity.