AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Nisemonogatari - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110117)

Kairin 2012-02-04 01:58

Nisemonogatari - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Nisemonogatari, Episode 05.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

omimon 2012-02-04 10:28

First step in forming a good relationship with your little sister: kiss her on the lips!!

raruku 2012-02-04 10:57

God damn u siscon

envy u

Miraluka 2012-02-04 11:00

Hanekawa: Wasted girl :(.

Oh gawd the siscon side of the force is strong in you Araragi-kun.

What an enjoyable episode despite my fav character wasn't there.

pampz21 2012-02-04 12:56

I almost fell on a cliff!

Clarste 2012-02-04 13:41

He's not a siscon. He wasn't even embarrassed to undress her.

I was kinda expecting that ending though when Shinobu was talking about how it wasn't really an option.

00Coyote 2012-02-04 13:48

SHAFT isn't letting up at all. Kudos all around.

The only complaint I can think of at the moment about this show is that it really needs to be watched all the way through, without the silly 1 week pause in between episodes.

FlareKnight 2012-02-04 14:28

That was some way to end an episode :heh:. Can see how this might be a troublesome method. Even still if it's the only way to transfer the poison over then that's what has to be done. He can at least handle that poison with the kind of body he has, while on the other hand the result could be fatal for Karen.

In that respect that's what felt off for this episode. They play up how serious Karen's situation is and then spend most of the episode with gags. Not that it isn't like the series to joke around, but just felt weird. Have this crisis and yet no one really seems to care that much.

Regardless can't think that this will end it all. Since after recovery the Fire Sisters will go right back after this Kaiki guy. In that case Koyomi really has to settle this situation.

Kanon 2012-02-04 14:33

As I thought, Kaiki didn't intend to kill Karen. He just wants to teach her a lesson, just as she has taught him one. He's a despicable con man but he's no child killer; although I suppose that if somebody paid him a suitable sum of money, he'd be willing to consider killing. Hard to say for sure. The line between conning and killing is not thin, even a dick like Kaiki may be unwilling to cross it.

Anyway, I like Kaiki. It's refreshing to see an antagonist who cares about money (a motivation easy to understand for everybody) rather than ruling/destroying the world or doing evil stuff for the sake of it. He doesn't use evil means because he likes it, but because that's the fastest and most efficient way to get what he wants. If he could earn as much by taking care of puppies, he'd do probably do it. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way.

Tsukihi and Karen were platinum awesome in this episode. About damn time Karen got more than two minutes of screentime in one episode. I expect the effect of the Bee's sting will kick in next week and that she'll majorly freak out. I just hope it happens after the kiss and not right before. Speaking of which, Shinobu is trolling Araragi, isn't she? Well, even if she isn't, I doubt that method will produce the intended result.

PS: I want a free Hanekawa ticket, please.

Anh_Minh 2012-02-04 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3986701)
As I thought, Kaiki didn't intend to kill Karen. He just wants to teach her a lesson, just as she has taught him one. He's a despicable con man but he's no child killer; although I suppose that if somebody paid him a suitable sum of money, he'd be willing to consider killing. Hard to say for sure. The line between conning and killing is not thin, even a dick like Kaiki may be unwilling to cross it.

Wait, what? How do you get that he isn't a child killer? You think he's bluffing about letting Karen die if she doesn't cough up the money?

leorodri100 2012-02-04 14:44

i doubt she is trolling him...but again karen being my favorite nise character this episode was a paradise for me
plus araragi is a siscon...and a heck of one, i love that about him...i just wanted that they didn't put that cliffhanger and make me almost shot my head due to that

Kanon 2012-02-04 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 3986717)
Wait, what? How do you get that he isn't a child killer? You think he's bluffing about letting Karen die if she doesn't cough up the money?

He never said anything about killing her. He asked her to bring him money if she wants him to stop conning kids. At least that's how I understood it.

Clarste 2012-02-04 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3986731)
He never said anything about killing her. He asked her to bring him money if she wants him to stop conning kids. At least that's how I understood it.

I think you can also interpret it as "you should have brought me money". In which case he doesn't really care whether she lives or not. He wouldn't mind if she died, but he wouldn't mind if she lived either.

tsunade666 2012-02-04 15:40

the last word Araragi said left my jaw hanging down for a couple of seconds... I was like huh!? *0* KISSU!!! No complaint for me on the episode that just runs down cute girls from the scene with Tsukihi then Hanekawa and lastly with Karen.

Kaiki isn't that bad either as an enemy with class of money.

Evil_Sephiroth 2012-02-04 15:44

bath Towel DOWN XD

Ending was simply too LOL

ars89 2012-02-04 16:06

Hanekawa ticket was nice. Guess it was in return of the surprise she got. Karen's encounter with Kaiki was interesting. Liked how he reached for her little purse and took her money. He might not be a nice guy but he has his priorities in order with only thinking about money. My question would be what does he wan with the money. Shinobu was right, that method is not something to be recommended. I hope Tsukihi walks in when it happens for more craziness.

Clarste 2012-02-04 16:07

For some reason I got chills up my spine every time Kaiki said "Araragi" while talking to Karen.

Shadow5YA 2012-02-04 16:19

Shame on you, Tsubasa. You've proven that you could easily wrap Koyomi around your finger, yet because of your passiveness, you lost to Hitagi.

Candyshark 2012-02-04 16:20

Hah. There goes all my speculation about Kaiki aiming only for big things. Looks like lunchmoney and change will do for him just fine. Found it amazing how he easily confused and disarmed her with straightforward honesty. Very pragmatic and opportunistic bastard. Rob and decieve is one thing killing is another.

The whole situation with Karen is really taken in a stride. He was even more freaking out during Mayoi arc.

I see sence of shame between siblings isn't very developed in this family. And wiping of your younger sister's sweat is very important form of a "care".

Solafighter 2012-02-04 16:24

It seems, that this serious is realy great. Love the art. But one problem. I dont understand anything. :heh:

I think i better watch bakamonotori first.. :D