AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Spice and Wolf (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Spice and Wolf II - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83958)

Kairin 2009-07-15 09:40

Spice and Wolf II - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Spice and Wolf II, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

typhonsentra 2009-07-15 13:30

Two more hours is it?

Kaguya 2009-07-15 14:44

Recently, the author is eager for advertisement of anime.
The author said that he watched episode2 four times repeatedly, and said that the episode2 is incomparably good to episode1.
Spoiler for my favorite scene from the episode 2:
Although the flashback scene from the season 1 was often used, it seems that they were newly created.

serenade_beta 2009-07-15 17:03

It was another interesting episode~...But all of the rambling over lots of complicated stuff is hard to comment on...
Horo was cute though, as always. Not much thought on the witch and gorilla.

The Horo and Lawrence moments at the end was the best part of the episode! Then again, the rest of the episode before was just... about myths and alchemists and stuff... It was funny how the Horo's description in the legends fits so well.
The part at the end... :heh: The kid's (゚Д゚)! at Horo covered in the bed sheets (haha~ dirty thoughts~) and then Lawrence B-dashing somewhere for some reason. :heh: Very entertaining.

ThoHell 2009-07-15 18:32

Though season just started, anyone already want to kill the blond kid, knock some sense into Lawrence and slap Horo? Lawrence wasn't this dense in season 1, he was some what more aggressive, and Horo seemed to downgraded in status, or so far this season. I'm really want to know what that kid said to make Lawrence just run off like that?

Swine Flu 2009-07-16 03:43

Does anyone know when the eng sub will be out? Besides mazui and BSS who is subbing S&W 2?

Shiroth 2009-07-16 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swine Flu (Post 2518175)
Does anyone know when the eng sub will be out? Besides mazui and BSS who is subbing S&W 2?

Don't ask when subs will be released. They'll be released when they are released.

Vexx 2009-07-16 10:38

Quote:

Reading the forum rules would be a Very Good Idea right now before you post further :) (especially section 2.3).

I was expecting Ayako to take the series on but haven't had time to check out various fansubber websites to see who was considering it.

BSS I have a long reliable track record with their work (competent but not flashy). I'm a little mixed on Mazui... their translations are efficient and don't stray into over-localization (e.g. we don't have Lawrence saying dumbass stuff like "Wasup, bitch?") but their technicalities (font/color choice) aren't easy on my eyes.

Justin Kim 2009-07-16 15:06

Quote:

Be patient...the episodes are weekly releases.

Deathkillz 2009-07-16 15:30

Oh my oh my...
Spoiler:

Lightly_Toasted 2009-07-16 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2519407)
Oh my oh my...
Spoiler:

You might say its like she "FLEW" out of nowhere....

Justin Kim 2009-07-16 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted (Post 2519766)
You might say its like she "FLEW" out of nowhere....

Who the heck is that?! lol.

Ashlotte 2009-07-16 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2519407)
Oh my oh my...
Spoiler:

Yea I figured she might peak your interest DKZ cause she sure did mine...Show certainly knows how to do good female characters from the endearing to the mysterious (And well Horo who seems to be able to embody any quality at will).

OP is growing on me...Song may not be quite what the first season's one was, but its enjoyable nonetheless and I look forward to the OST this season as much as I did the last one.

Oh as far as subs goes last I heard was BSS was content with Mazui's job on this one...Not sure if they changed opinions on that or not...

RadiantBeam 2009-07-16 20:06

Crud, it's already out? GAH!

Malkuth 2009-07-16 20:38

A very good episode, though there was much built up, still a lot of interesting info were revealed.

AKnightWhoSaysNi! 2009-07-16 20:38

Oh I love this show... just love it.

Spoiler for EP2:

Spoiler for volume 3 so future episodes):

Very, very well done all round.

seaghyn16 2009-07-17 01:21

lol, Lawrence running off at the end was the funniest thing I've seen in a while, did you get a good look at his face? lol.

So far I'm really liking season 2 as well :).

Again though, another 9, so I can give a higher rating if an episode deserves it.

I can really get a good look at Horo's teasing ability, after all, just look at how calmly she "read" the letter. Then when Lawrence reads it, off she goes. Their interactions were better in episode 1 I think though :)

Shiroth 2009-07-17 04:06

Waiting a week to find out why Lawrence was running in such a panic is going to be tough. :(

SilentOb 2009-07-17 06:21

Another decent episode with more of Horo's ingenious teasing.

Lawrence looked like a crazy man who has just escaped from a mental hospital in the end :D

Probably he heard something concerning Amati and Horo.

judgment26 2009-07-17 09:07

Gave this episode an 8. Less interaction time between Horo and Lawrence, although Lawrence attempting to help Horo undress near the end was rather entertaining to watch, plus Deanna's appearance is an automatic plus. :D

So Bartose's first name was supposed to be Guy huh...the name that appeared in the Chinese version of the novel didn't look anything like it...xD