AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kashimashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kashimashi - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28499)

Catgirls 2006-01-31 12:58

Kashimashi - Requests for new threads

Since the Kashimashi forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Kashimashi thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

:)

Sian 2006-01-31 14:39

a thread about how Hazumu and the world is reacting to the fact that Hazumu became a she ... :) (pretty much covers from Tomari's and Asuta's respective problems with it, over Yasuna's happiness about to the medias fuss about it)

xris 2006-01-31 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwisher
a thread about how Hazumu and the world is reacting to the fact that Hazumu became a she ... :) (pretty much covers from Tomari's and Asuta's respective problems with it, over Yasuna's happiness about to the medias fuss about it)

Can you be a bit more precise as to what it is you want to discuss. Also a thread title would help because that's what gives the thread (and discussion) a focus.

I think I know what you mean since there has been some discussion about it in the old generic discussion thread but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what such a thread could be called. There is also a danger it will ramble off-topic as well if it's not well defined. I'll leave it up to Catgirls to decide if such a thread should be created :)

Sian 2006-01-31 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
I think I know what you mean since there has been some discussion about it in the old generic discussion thread but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what such a thread could be called. There is also a danger it will ramble off-topic as well if it's not well defined. I'll leave it up to Catgirls to decide if such a thread should be created :)

in fact i got the same reason not to write a topic name ... a bit of a loss about it :p

Kyaa the Catlord 2006-01-31 15:11

How about Kashimashi Gender Role Discussion?

Pellissier 2006-01-31 15:12

I second the suggestion above, since it was the main element who brought the former topic up to 400+ posts ... a name for it would be tough.. Kyaa's suggestion seems to be fair enough.

I'd also like to suggest a thread about general music/song in Kashimashi :)
This anime does feature really good themes, songs and bgms so the subjects won't be missing, imho.

Catgirls 2006-01-31 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
How about Kashimashi Gender Role Discussion?

Yep. This is an excellent idea. I need to think of a good title. My inital thought is to go with The Role of Gender in Kashimashi or just Kashimashi Gender Discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier
I'd also like to suggest a thread about general music/song in Kashimashi :) This anime does feature really good themes, songs and bgms so the subjects won't be missing, imho.

Good suggestion. :) I'll create an OP/ED thread tonight.

Catgirls 2006-01-31 16:59

Quote:

Hmmmm....tell me if I understand you correctly....basically, discussion about how Hazumus' relationships will or have changed since he became a girl. Is that about right? In other words: Hazumu's relationship with:

- his local town/city
- his parents
- Yasuna, Tomari, Asuta
- his other class mates
- himself

If that's correct, maybe we can add that to the "Gender" discussion thread. Maybe something like: The Role Of Gender In Kashimashi and How It Affects Relationships. That sounds like it might be interesting to me. The thread would encompass gender and how gender change impacts both the person that changed and the people around them.

Not to mention their clothing bill.

Sian 2006-01-31 17:03

pretty much something like that yeah ... sucks at putting thoughts into words :p

even though i'm affaid of that the gender thread then would have a to big area to cover and get confusing

2H-Dragon 2006-01-31 17:12

Is this a new setup for all forums? If its just for this one why? Weird setup imo. :S Not that it affects me much , because I dont make threads. o.O

There arent that many brainless threads. I know that you mods clean most of it up, is it really that much work? Or is this temporary?

Pellissier 2006-01-31 17:17

@Catgirls: imho that title is good, and covers pretty much of the Kashimashi issues.

Quote:

even though i'm affaid of that the gender thread then would have a to big area to cover and get confusing

I, instead, think it will be enough. While it may have a big impact on people on the first moment (thus lot of posts) I'm pretty sure the whole thing will calm down a little, later.

Since for now we're still a lot on the "why did they choose to do so, instead to do so" : it's still referred on how the series was thought and how it was given a birth to it. This couldn't last forever, imho.
I think this matter should dilute, later on the series, since people should supposedly focus more on the development of the events, and the series itself won't be having the "new factor" anymore.

The "Affectioning Relationship" matter, instead, may keep a substance throughout the whole series (it may always be interesting to compare events whether in a case, whether in the case) but still one thread is enough.

I'm also counting people who didn't like the series and while they posted on the former Kashimashi thread, they should post here a bit less (I assume that not liking a series for many episodes will bring to drop it). Meaning this less complainings and less discussions.

xris 2006-01-31 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
Is this a new setup for all forums? If its just for this one why? Weird setup imo. :S Not that it affects me much , because I dont make threads. o.O

There arent that many brainless threads. I know that you mods clean most of it up, is it really that much work? Or is this temporary?

Seems a strange place to be asking this, in a thread about making new Kashimashi threads.

It's not the only one, have a look at the Fate/stay night forum. And as I stated there
Quote:

The reason is that in the future we want to make more series specific forums to allow greater discussion for popular series. For example, with series such as Fate/stay night we hope that a new forum will help the current problems concerning the posting of game spoilers in the anime discussion threads. Similar problems have arisen in other series discussion threads due to "raw" watchers and "fansub" watchers getting out of step. With new forums we can create discussion threads for many different topics (such as a thread for each episode), which should remove a lot of the problems with spoilers since everyone will be discussing the same topic / episode.

But to help us manage and moderate these new forums we wish to limit the creation of new threads. It doesn't mean new threads can't be created, it's just that only threads approved by the Mods will be created in these forums. It will also help maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (no more pointless threads cluttering up the place).

2H-Dragon 2006-01-31 17:50

Its just this is the first time I saw this. I thought might as well ask here, because I havent seen any similar threads.

Anyways thanks for the info.

Kyaa the Catlord 2006-02-01 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hmmmm....tell me if I understand you correctly....basically, discussion about how Hazumus' relationships will or have changed since he became a girl. Is that about right? In other words: Hazumu's relationship with:

- his local town/city
- his parents
- Yasuna, Tomari, Asuta
- his other class mates
- himself

If that's correct, maybe we can add that to the "Gender" discussion thread. Maybe something like: The Role Of Gender In Kashimashi and How It Affects Relationships. That sounds like it might be interesting to me. The thread would encompass gender and how gender change impacts both the person that changed and the people around them.

Not to mention their clothing bill.

Its kinda wordy but good. :D

Thanks!

Kaoru Chujo 2006-02-01 15:02

I was looking for somewhere to post the information that a rough little video of Yamato Nadeshiko (Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari's singing duo) has shown up on tt (I think it's just a TV clip and okay to mention).

How about a thread specifically about the voice-acting and the voice actors in this show? Something like: "Voice-acting." Or should that be posted in the general "old" thread? Or should there be a "new" general thread?

Circular Logic 2006-02-01 15:09

On a slightly off-topic note...

I must say that the system of requesting new threads is a very good idea. It stops deluges of random threads... (*cough* Shuffle!)

I would suggest a thread, but there hasn't been enough episodes subbed to talk much about the series yet.

Catgirls 2006-02-01 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I was looking for somewhere to post the information that a rough little video of Yamato Nadeshiko (Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari's singing duo) has shown up on tt (I think it's just a TV clip and okay to mention).

I think I know the file you're talking about. Is it from [seiyuus_live]?
Quote:

How about a thread specifically about the voice-acting and the voice actors in this show? Something like: "Voice-acting." Or should that be posted in the general "old" thread? Or should there be a "new" general thread?
Hmmm....a VA Appreciation & Discussion thread, eh....that's not a bad idea.

Usually VA work is discussed in the Episode threads, but it might be an interesting experiment to see how much traffic a separate VA thread generates. IMO, the thread would have to be limited to discussion about the VA's performance and not show content. Obviously, we would discuss the particular scenes, but more so from a point of view (POV) of the VA and their performance. Otherwise, it seems that we would be duplicating what could easily be discussed in the Episode threads.

Let’s try it. :)

Razz 2006-02-04 07:11

Which fansub group is the best for Kashimashi?

xris 2006-02-04 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razz
Which fansub group is the best for Kashimashi?

Is this a request for a new thread or an actual question?

At the moment there is a discussion in the old generic Kashimashi thread but since there are a number of groups fansubbing the series (admittedly no further than ep 2 at this point in time) it might be suitable as subject for it's own.

The main problem is that all to often it just generates one-line replies based on what group people happen to be downloading, not on actual comparisons between the fansubs. And then there is the other problem in that it seems everyone has their own standard as to what element of an fansub makes it the "best", all to often people are comparing apples to oranges.

Or in other words, I'm not sure it needs to have a thread of it's own (when the generic thread would suffice). Let's see what Catgirls or any of the other Mods thinks of this.

Catgirls 2006-02-07 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
The main problem is that all to often it just generates one-line replies based on what group people happen to be downloading, not on actual comparisons between the fansubs. And then there is the other problem in that it seems everyone has their own standard as to what element of an fansub makes it the "best", all to often people are comparing apples to oranges.

Apologies for the late reply. I agree with xris on this. I think the generic Kashimashi thread is a fine place to ask about or discuss the quality of the various fansubs. I think a separate thread (in this case) would merely generate a small amount of interest and the old thread could handle it just fine. Cheers. :)