AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118659)

winhlp32 2013-04-03 04:39

Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary)

http://i.imgur.com/vGkju9I.png

LN website: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/kyokai/

An anime for the Kyoto Animation published light novel Kyoukai no Kanata written by Nagomu Torii and illustrated by Chise Kamoi is in the works. The novel recieved an honorable mention in the novel category in the 2nd Kyoto Animation Awards in 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN Synopsis
The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

FINALLY!

For reference here's the CM for the light novel:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

RRW 2013-04-03 04:43

Story Synopsis?

totoum 2013-04-03 04:45

Now this I can get behind!

Thank you KyoAni!!

Now will this air before or after chuunibyou S2?

RRW 2013-04-03 04:48

hmm the pv and the plot is interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4618532)
Now this I can get behind!

Thank you KyoAni!!

Now will this air before or after chuunibyou S2?

my prediction is we have to wait one year

Guardian Enzo 2013-04-03 04:50

Excellent - KyoAni actually trying. They can do amazing things when that happens.

ultimatemegax 2013-04-03 05:07

For the curious here was the staff for the CM last year:
Staff
Director/Storyboards: Taichi Ishidate
Character Design/Animation Director: Chise Kamoi
Key Animators: Chiyoko Ueno, Naoko Yamada, Rie Sezaki, Nao Naitou, Rika Oota, Tatsuya Satou (Animation DO)
In-between Check: Kiyoka Negi
Color Design: Kana Miyata
Special Effects: Shizuka Uno
Backgrounds: Tomoki Hirashi
Director of Photography: Tetsuo Umetsu

Ishidate has been rarely used since Nichijou and Kamoi drew the illustrations for the light novels. This was the project I felt that was most likely prior to last week's Chuunibyou CM.

Eisdrache 2013-04-03 05:15

What the hell? I always assumed that the vid was a commercial for Kyoani similar to the swimming one earlier. I'm so glad I was wrong :D

OceanBlue 2013-04-03 05:32

Oh boy, I hope this announcement doesn't stir the "KyoAni shouldn't waste their talents on SoL moeshit" crowd too much. :rolleyes:

desrtsku 2013-04-03 06:19

Dammit, those key animators ... weren't most of those guys in the Disappearance and Hyouka staffs? It might be too good to be real so I'm going to take a nap and come back when my mind is clear.

mistress_kisara 2013-04-03 06:25

This is the type of shows that I like from KyoAni looking forward to it! XD

LoweGear 2013-04-03 06:37

I saw "Kyoto Animation", read the title, and thought it read "Kyoukai no Konata" and had the impression it was a Lucky Star spinoff. :heh::heh:

The premise is quite different from your usual KyoAni fare though, which should be interesting.

ahelo 2013-04-03 06:49

Oh hey, you wanted KyoAni to do something different? Oh damn I'm getting excited again.

MisaoFan 2013-04-03 07:30

Synopsis looks interesting so are the glorious visuals. This is also the first KyoAni anime I think I will definitively watch.

Haak 2013-04-03 07:30

This is so awesome. I remember seeing that CM and wishing it would happen. I really hope they can keep that level of animation.

Pocari_Sweat 2013-04-03 07:33

About fucking time Kyoani stopped doing slice of life "moeblob" shows. I support this 100%.

ZriviziMochi 2013-04-03 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat (Post 4618687)
About fucking time Kyoani stopped doing slice of life "moeblob" shows. I support this 100%.

Just stop complaining "moeblob" all the time
Although I agree that moeblob has been keeping KyoAni doing their best, I think it's not your place to hate KyoAni just because they do "moe" shows

Back to the topic, it will be interesting to see KyoAni doing a concept that is different from the anime they usually do

com_gwp 2013-04-03 08:02

Nice, it's been too long since we saw Kyoani go all out like this.

This is one of those times where the plot almost seems secondary to the production, but hopefully, it won't be too bad either. :heh:

Kanon 2013-04-03 08:22

Kyoani finally getting out of their comfort zone after so many years. I'm hyped.

Cloudenvy 2013-04-03 09:00

I figured it would be years before I even saw a glimpse of a KyoAni show that actually looked good after Hyouka. You have my attention now Kyoani, don't screw it up.

brocko 2013-04-03 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 4618576)
Oh boy, I hope this announcement doesn't stir the "KyoAni shouldn't waste their talents on SoL moeshit" crowd too much. :rolleyes:

No! It's still based off an existing work, it has to be original!!! :frustrated:

Is what I'd say if I were grasping at straws as a hater lol :heh: