AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Doom3 E3 footage (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13619)

Samurai_Yojimbo 2004-05-13 18:01

Doom3 E3 footage

did anyone getta look at the new doom3 trailer it sucked the shuda showed us pc footage insted it showed us footage of the x-box barley strugling to handle the game. they shudent set the task of little consoles to handle pc games

Newprimus 2004-05-13 18:07

FPS's don't work with consoles. It's been more or less proven again and again that FPS games on PCs are far, far superior to their console counterparts.

Oh well. I'm not actually that keen on Doom3. Half Life 2 is where my heart is at. *classic bishounen pose* :D

Griffith 2004-05-13 18:13

Of course it's going to look better on the PC, if you have a good configuration. I'll be getting it on PC, but I agree Half-Life 2 looks amazing and I'm looking forward to it much more.

husyk 2004-05-13 23:33

Currenlty happy with UT2004, can't wait for Half Life 2 and Doom 3. The trailer on the Xbox didn't seem that bad. Best alternative to people without gaming PCs. I'll get Half Life 2 then Doom 3 when available for PC. Area 51 looks good too.

Tommy 2004-05-13 23:44

You would have to be a complete moron to think the x-box version looks better then the pc version. Unfortunatly for me I won't have a powerful enough computer to run doom 3 so I'll have to settle for the x-box version.

kagetsu 2004-05-14 10:12

For a game that still has a year in development, its looking damn good. Luckily though I have a monsterous desktop to play it on so i'll be going PC, as with Half life 2 since I got it free with my video card :)

UzumakiBatman 2004-05-14 10:39

gay thing is there is no multi player for the pc, only x-box =/

SwiftStar 2004-05-14 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by UzumakiBatman

Which is why I'll be getting the XBOX version.

Griffith 2004-05-14 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by UzumakiBatman

Uh, the PC version will indeed have online multiplayer deathmatch. It just won't have the co-operative mode like the Xbox does, which doesn't matter to me anyway since I'd rather just kill people myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagetsu
For a game that still has a year in development, its looking damn good. Luckily though I have a monsterous desktop to play it on so i'll be going PC, as with Half life 2 since I got it free with my video card :)

Doom 3 will be out this year according to what the developers said at E3. This summer, more specifically.

Samurai_Yojimbo 2004-05-14 14:26

well like pointed out hl2 does look a hell of alot better and im glad valve r saying stuff again looks great and valve hav a copy playable from start to fin :love: and resi evil 4 looks complete ownage hehe

Muir Woods 2004-05-14 21:26

An overwhelming 100% on PC version. Obvious enough because the X-Box specs are generations old. Pppppffff, 64 Megs of RAM? Yeah right. Try at least 512 Megs (would be my guess for mininum requirement for Doom 3). But really doesn't matter to me if Doom 3 is better or Half-Life 2, because I already preordered both :heh: . It would be...a bonus, if you will, if Doom 3 had multiplayer. But the main thing is I'll be playing Doom 3 for the scary atmosphere of the single player. If I want to play multiplayer, I'll play games specifically designed for multiplayer (eg. Unreal Tournament 2003/2004).

Oh, and I must say this: PCs > consoles. Always. Period. End of discussion. You're not going convince me otherwise. La la laaaa la la laaaa la la laaaa la la...I can't hear you :heh: .

kagetsu 2004-05-15 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffith
Uh, the PC version will indeed have online multiplayer deathmatch. It just won't have the co-operative mode like the Xbox does, which doesn't matter to me anyway since I'd rather just kill people myself.

Doom 3 will be out this year according to what the developers said at E3. This summer, more specifically.

I was talking about the xbox version coming out in 2005, but its also been stated on IGN that Doom 3 will be out in Fall.

"The true test for DOOM 3 on Xbox will have to be a play test. Once we've had our hands on the demo, which will be playable on the show floor at E3, we'll know a lot more, but from our seat at the demo, things look very promising. DOOM 3 will ship on Xbox shortly after the PC version, which should ship in late fall. We'll have hands-on impressions of DOOM 3 next week.

-- Hilary Goldstein" - May 10th 2004

Can't find the article now but it was with someone from microsoft who said doom 3 for xbox will be out early 2005.